Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended employment agencies?

Options
  • 18-04-2017 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are there any reputable job agencies around Waterford that you would recommend? I would be looking for general clerical/admin work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Noel Recruitment and Matrix Recruitment I have found quite good in the past. Staff are pleasant and they do their best for the position you want.
    Whatever you do, do NOT go with Hartley People, they put poor unsuspecting victims into horrible, bullying low paid jobs where they couldn't care less about your experience as long as they get their commission. AVOID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Are there any reputable job agencies around Waterford that you would recommend? I would be looking for general clerical/admin work.

RT lane. Mallow Rachel Lane
    Could not recommend her highly enough.
    Very professional and extra helpful.
    Really good.
    Got me good employment in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Have to agree with wanderer. Avoid Hartley People if you have sense. Very unprofessional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Have to agree with wanderer. Avoid Hartley People if you have sense. Very unprofessional.

Out of wild curiosity what issues did you have with them?

I applied for a few positions with them but that was about it.

I never heard anything or received any calls from them regarding

other opportunities. Maybe it was just me! :confused:

For what it's worth.... I had a CV with Hartleys for a looooong time and nothing. Found them very very fussy.

Sent one to RT Lane, got a phone call from her the following day and put me forward for an interview straight away and the rest as they say is history. The company involved were very happy to have me as my experience fitted very well with them.

Feedback and follow up from RT Lane was excellent. Loads of advise and prepping for your interview as well. Totally positive experience compared to Hartleys.

• Advertisement

Hartley sends unsuspecting people to completely unsuitable jobs which require a lot more qualifications than you may have then they wash their hands of you. They couldnt care less about your needs and they cant get anyone from Waterford for one of their hotel positions because word has spread about how crap the job is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Have been sent on 2 job interviews by Hartley People and for both interviews I was given a totally different job description by the recruitment agent to what the job was actually for and I'm not talking about slightly different, I'm talking worlds apart.
    Have found them very poor and uninterested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

just wondering, how do these recruitment agencies make their money, is it a one off fee or money out of your wages, who loses out, the employer or the employee?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Hartley sends unsuspecting people to completely unsuitable jobs which require a lot more qualifications than you may have then they wash their hands of you. They couldnt care less about your needs and they cant get anyone from Waterford for one of their hotel positions because word has spread about how crap the job is.

Interesting.

So why exactly is it Hartleys fault that A) the job isnt good and B) you're not qualified to do it?

Also why would any agency care about your "needs". Its a job they are finding you not an adoptive parent. If you go in with no qualifications would you prefer they asked you to leave or send you somewhere that you have a small chance?
    You are a free person. You weren't forced to go anywhere. They put their reputation on you and you failed. not the other way around.

With the blame everyone else attitude its not a surprise you weren't hired for the job in the hospitality industry.

Interesting.

So why exactly is it Hartleys fault that A) the job isnt good and B) you're not qualified to do it?

Also why would any agency care about your "needs". Its a job they are finding you not an adoptive parent. If you go in with no qualifications would you prefer they asked you to leave or send you somewhere that you have a small chance?
    You are a free person. You weren't forced to go anywhere. They put their reputation on you and you failed. not the other way around.

With the blame everyone else attitude its not a surprise you weren't hired for the job in the hospitality industry.

First of all, I know for a fact that there is one particular job in town where the boss is an absolute monster to deal with- no manners, screams at people, controls everything they say and do and 90% of them are gone within 3 months. Theres clearly an issue with this guy and Hartley People have exhausted every single local applicant because word has spread that 1. Hes impossible to work for and 2. The job spec described by the agency is nothing like reality. So they have to look OUTSIDE of Waterford for applicant as his name is mud locally. Yet they continue to dupe these poor unsuspecting jobseekers who think they are applying for Job A but end up in Job B with an insane boss.
    Second of all, I don't work in the hospitality industry pal, but if I did I certainly don't see anything wrong with that, Your snobby attitude stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

just wondering, how do these recruitment agencies make their money, is it a one off fee or money out of your wages, who loses out, the employer or the employee?

The employer pays the agency a fee, sometimes the fee being paid is dependent on the candidate being in the job for "X" amount of time. The employer just absorbs the cost into the business, it's just part of running a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

First of all, I know for a fact that there is one particular job in town where the boss is an absolute monster to deal with- no manners, screams at people, controls everything they say and do and 90% of them are gone within 3 months. Theres clearly an issue with this guy and Hartley People have exhausted every single local applicant because word has spread that 1. Hes impossible to work for and 2. The job spec described by the agency is nothing like reality. So they have to look OUTSIDE of Waterford for applicant as his name is mud locally. Yet they continue to dupe these poor unsuspecting jobseekers who think they are applying for Job A but end up in Job B with an insane boss.
    Second of all, I don't work in the hospitality industry pal, but if I did I certainly don't see anything wrong with that, Your snobby attitude stinks.

Is it IT related?

Probably boring you all at this stage about RT Lane but just to update....

On my way home today I got a phone call from her to ask how things were going, any problems, asked about my pay, made sure they were honoring the agreed contract etc and to give her a call if problems arose for me. Thankfully there are no issues and all is good.

But again just to let you see the difference it makes when you are dealing with people who take a very professional approach.

And all that is Hartleys fault.

With the ****ty whingebag attitude they must love you.

Also love how you write outside in capitals as if they have blocked their website to only display to people not in Waterford and anyone who goes in and says they are from Waterford will be told they cant go for the job. How do they limit it to OUTSIDE waterford exactly.

And all that is Hartleys fault.

With the ****ty whingebag attitude they must love you.

Also love how you write outside in capitals as if they have blocked their website to only display to people not in Waterford and anyone who goes in and says they are from Waterford will be told they cant go for the job. How do they limit it to OUTSIDE waterford exactly.

You must be a mate of the owners or maybe the owner himself, cant understand why you would get so worked up about this.

I will try again to explain in simple English why Hartley People are a disgrace and if you don't like it that's your problem.

There is a toxic workplace in Waterford City which has seen a huge amount of turnover and complaints because of 1. The boss, who is an ill-mannered bullying sack of dog sh!t who has been screaming at and running down all his new workers who last no longer than 6 months after getting fed up with expecting to work 12 hrs a day, fetching the laundry of the boss, being refused even an hour off for an appointment etc.I could go on but suffice to say hes impossible to work with.
    2. The job description is highly glossed over by Hartley People and in fact people who apply for the job are qualified in Area A only to be expected to do Area B duties, which is a blatant lie on their part.

They can no longer find applicants to work in this job in Waterford because of all the bad publicity and word of mouth spreading about how bad the job is, therefore they need to reach outside to get candidates and even they move on soon enough.

If you cant understand the above, keep it to yourself pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Must have been a gay that I had worked with previously!

I thought Waterford was making progress with the blame everything on everyone else attitude but no. Even with the economic progress we still have the toxic hate that just wants to spread hatred, misery and depression.

And then the usual you don't agree with me so you're a snob or a paid shill.

You must be a mate of the owners or maybe the owner himself, cant understand why you would get so worked up about this.

I will try again to explain in simple English why Hartley People are a disgrace and if you don't like it that's your problem.

There is a toxic workplace in Waterford City which has seen a huge amount of turnover and complaints because of 1. The boss, who is an ill-mannered bullying sack of dog sh!t who has been screaming at and running down all his new workers who last no longer than 6 months after getting fed up with expecting to work 12 hrs a day, fetching the laundry of the boss, being refused even an hour off for an appointment etc.I could go on but suffice to say hes impossible to work with.
    2. The job description is highly glossed over by Hartley People and in fact people who apply for the job are qualified in Area A only to be expected to do Area B duties, which is a blatant lie on their part.

They can no longer find applicants to work in this job in Waterford because of all the bad publicity and word of mouth spreading about how bad the job is, therefore they need to reach outside to get candidates and even they move on soon enough.

If you cant understand the above, keep it to yourself pal.

Can someone give me a pm about what industry this company is in? I am considering taking a job through Hartley people and it seems like a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

It's hardly Hartley People's fault that somebody keeps treating their employees like dirt and then has to keep paying a recruitment agency to hire another person.

I hope Hartley People are getting very well paid for it.

If employees are being treated as bad as you say above, they should be taking a case against the employer.

Just to note, I've no affiliation to any job agency. I think they're all f*ckin' useless.

Advertisement