Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Graduation

Options
  • 19-04-2017 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Well lads, how's that going. I did the leaving cert last year and scored 295, in all honesty, I did feck all and I got what I put in like.
    This year now, I'm doing fairly good in the tests that I study for- the ones I actually have time to study for that is.
    I'm just doing six subjects this year, maths (O), construction (H) history (H), geography (H), agricultural science (H) and LCVP.
    I need >330 points, which in my situation is fairly possible.
    I've been studying constantly over the past few weeks, especially this Easter. What I've began to notice is I'm getting more work done studying in the office at home early in the morning, taking the odd half an hour breaks here and there and doing exam papers and marking schemes every now and again.
    What I'm beginning to notice is I'm getting way more work done at home then I am in school.
    I definitely won't be going in the final week of school but I've recently been thinking of just dropping out 3-4 weeks prior to the exams, I know for a fact I'd get a load of work covered. I have all the geography 30 markers and history essays written out and saved from last year. I'm absolutely sorted for construction and I'm guaranteed a merit, if not a distinction in LCVP ( well if I get the distinction, I'll definitely get my course). I've also been told by my teachers that I am more than likely looking at full marks for all of the portfolios, projects and folders I've handed up as part of the exam.
    Now, I did foundation maths last year and got a C1. I'm doing grinds this year and I'm fairly good at the stuff we've done so far, I failed the November exam however passed the mock.
    The only issue I'm concerned about is he class doing extra revision in maths prior the exams and any remaining 80 markers being covered. I could double up on the grinds and I could get any 80 marker hand outs photocopied and given to me, outside of school.
    It's a fairly long winded – – discussion if not an article – but I'd appreciate any advice or opinions.
    Cheers lads.
    Skitz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Wow that's class..definetly just stay at home at that rate of going

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jack this is your PrincipAL ...
    I would say that most principals make it a matter of principle to be able to spell their own job title ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

If you can stay focused enough and can get through the work, then ya I'd say stay at home. I often think of doing it myself, but know that if I was at home all day with nobody keeping tabs on me I wouldn't do a tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

You sound like you know what you are doing at this stage. The school won't mind as much as you are a repeat. Keep redoing the maths papers and keep at the grinds and you'll be fine. I'd also advise not telling too many of your repeat year what you are planning to do because you could start an avalanche of students wanting to the same as you, only they might not be as structured as you are at home!

Advertisement