Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording onto a USB flash drive

Options
  • 19-04-2017 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi, advice please for a non-tekkie with limited grasp of 2017.
    I've just bought a super LED TV, with apparently the ability to record TV programmes onto a USB stick.
    So does that mean that if I buy a 16 GB flash drive USB, plug it into the hole provided, I'll get on-screen instructions of what to do next etc?
    Will it actually recorded a programme for later viewing, or just enable me to pause it for a time?
    Any assistance appreciated, simple language appreciated even more lol!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whats the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

ED E wrote: »
    Whats the TV?

Cello Traveller LED, built-in sat tuner etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Question: Does the USB record feature allow you to record programmes from Freesat on to a USB stick?
    Answer: Yes, you can record what you are watching on Free-to-air. You can also record the programme that follows.
    By ac-dc-tv SELLER on 03 September 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd suggest you get a stick capable of decent transfer speeds. SD cards come rated with a 'class' e.g. class 10. (Roughly equivalent to write speed in MB/s) You may get data loss if the stick/card can't be written to quickly enough. A free program named H2testw will test speed and test reliable capacity (some sd cards report fake capacity)

Advertisement