Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies who Liquidate Yet Operate Under a Different Name

Options
  • 19-04-2017 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I had already heard about such happening but I got really burnt when this happened to me.

I was dealing with a company who I had some issues with. It seems that this company went into liquidation, but their shop remains, together with the same people running.

How do people get away with this?
    Is it actually allowed?
    Is there any liability what-so-ever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Difficult to do maliciously anymore as it can be seen as a "connected" company. However in light of the recession many companies have past difficulties which are difficult to shake off and some will go into examinership whereby others will liquidate and then give fair value to the liquidator for certain assets of the liquidated company.

If you are a creditor of a company in liquidation you are entitled to the liquidators report and you can make observations and in some cases question aspects of the liquidation. You can also make a complaint to the ODCE who take any aspects fo corporate malpractice very seriously and have no issue takign criminal proceedings where they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dirtonth

Thanks - This is very helpful.

Advertisement