Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish lessons

Options
  • 19-04-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi , I'm looking for Swedish lessons. Would anybody here no any Swedish people willing to teach me. I've only found one college in dublin but they currently have no Swedish tutor. It has to be in Dublin. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BridBird

Thanks I contacted them but they currently don't have a Swedish teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You could try putting a note on the Notice board of your local Library and see if anything comes up

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Or you could try talking to Swedes living in Dublin

https://www.facebook.com/SWEAIrland/

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Helped me a lot, when I was over there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

My first thought was nightcourses.com

But there aren't any listed there

Next thought was the Swedish embassy
    There isnt an Ireland based embassy, the ambassador to Ireland is based in Sweden

There is an honary consul in Dublin
    He may have info on people who might offer classes or help

See here
    http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Europe/Contact/Consulates/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Flicka1990

Hi BridBird - I am really interested in becoming fluent in Swedish - have you had any luck finding lessons?

I have an intermediary Swedish level but I am looking to really take it to the next level.

I was looking into groups in Dublin who are dedicated to learning Swedish to save money

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BridBird

Flicka1990 wrote: »
    Hi BridBird - I am really interested in becoming fluent in Swedish - have you had any luck finding lessons?

I have an intermediary Swedish level but I am looking to really take it to the next level.

I was looking into groups in Dublin who are dedicated to learning Swedish to save money

Hi Flicka,

I couldn't find any real courses. I did find a teacher on a fb group called SWEAIrland which one of the users suggested ,which I will be starting next week. I'm not going to lie it was hard finding a teacher. There is also skype lessons you can do, which can be expensive. There Is a couple of groups on fb. You can also check out internations.org. There is an app called HelloTalk I haven't used it myself but I've heard good things

Advertisement