Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another substitution question ..

Options
  • 19-04-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Folks.

Im sure somebody has taken a trade against a gun they advertised on here at some point so Im wondering what is the most straightforward way to do the paperwork?

My plan was to have both guns held in a dealers so than once the deal is done any delays in one licence wont effect the other.
    I know there will probably be some degree of a charge by the dealer for this but it would make life simpler

Any opinions or experience of the procedure would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Was going to say i've done it before, but i've actually done it a couple of times. Have to stop buying guns of lads on here.

The last time was when i took a rifle of the same calibre as part payment against the gun i was selling. I met up with the chap on my local range. We both inspected each others guns, cash was handed over then both rifles were handed into the RFD on site. We done substitutions to each others guns. As you won't have a joint license with the other guy you do a straight forward sub, using the RFD's PULSE ID as the source for the firearm. You'll also need a letter from the dealer to say that each of you stored the your respective firearm with the RFD.

So in short:
    1. You need to do a substitution.
    2. You both store the rifles in an RFD of your choosing.
    3. You each get two letters
      • One to say your current firearm is stored in the dealer
      • One as a purchase letter for the other rifle

You then both fill out the FCA1 as follows:
    • Section 1 - Tick "substitution", and "I have not held a cert............".
    • Section 2.1 - All of it.
    • Section 2.4 - All of it.
    • Section 3.1 - Input the details of new gun here
    • Section 3.2 - Tick Silencer if you want one/want to carry it to your new license
    • Section 3.3 - Dealers details.
    • Section 3.4 - Input your current firearm details here.
    • Section 3.5 - All of it.
    • Section 4.1 - All of it.
    • Section 4.2 - All of it.
    • Section 4.3 - Depending on whether you are a member of a range or gun club.
    • Section 5.1 - All of it.
    • Sign and date it.
    Include a single photo, sign and date it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭borrisboy

I did all that at the begining of Febuary and I am still waiting on my new licence for my new .22 !

The guidelines/law says 14 days is the time frame for a substitution. Given weekends, working days etc, that should be 3 weeks at most.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    The guidelines/law says 14 days is the time frame for a substitution. Given weekends, working days etc, that should be 3 weeks at most.
    After 3 weeks they rang me looking for my post code. Two weeks later got the letter saying it was being processed . Rang them today and was told to ring back on Friday when a certain guard will be on duty. Two months now waiting .

borrisboy wrote: »
    After 3 weeks they rang me looking for my post code.
    Why? They're not mandatory.
    Two weeks later got the letter saying it was being processed . Rang them today and was told to ring back on Friday when a certain guard will be on duty. Two months now waiting .
    Keep ringing lad. Push it.

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    Why? They're not mandatory.

Keep ringing lad. Push it.
    Yeah its a joke . I got a licence last year for my 4th gun in less than a week !

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Handed in my sub Friday 2 weeks counting in working days and Easter break it might be delayed I'm hoping it will be here next week.

Handed in my sub Friday 2 weeks counting in working days and Easter break it might be delayed I'm hoping it will be here next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

IM 4 WEEKS NOW WAITING FOR A SUBSTITUTION !!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was passing the local Station yesterday, and it was manned!
    Called in to see if the Sarge had any news of my sub. Its three weeks last Friday.

Now I had handed the paperwork in to the main station in my county town, where the Super is based (and my local Sarge works several days a week)

"I saw that you had changed the gun," he says. "I was off for a while, but will get on to that for you."
    "Thats probably going to cost you 80 euro, that's why I'd recommend only changing when the licence is due renewal" he says.

I left before I said something I'd regret........

• Advertisement

Madness waiting that long for a sub. I know lads waiting 9 - 12 weeks for a sub to come threw.

Got my licence yesterday . Picked up the gun today . Happy days !

Nice one, happy shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

Dropped off the paperwork yesterday so the clock is ticking.
    Was told the fo is away until Friday so its not going to be lightening fast anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Was passing the local Station yesterday, and it was manned!
    Called in to see if the Sarge had any news of my sub. Its three weeks last Friday.

Now I had handed the paperwork in to the main station in my county town, where the Super is based (and my local Sarge works several days a week)

"I saw that you had changed the gun," he says. "I was off for a while, but will get on to that for you."
    "Thats probably going to cost you 80 euro, that's why I'd recommend only changing when the licence is due renewal" he says.

I left before I said something I'd regret........

New licence arrived today, so six (long!) weeks for the process from handing in the substitution forms.
    Hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    New licence arrived today, so six (long!) weeks for the process from handing in the substitution forms.
    Hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

got refused the other week for a SUB 223>243 wasn't a like for like and the super wants an actual deer license not a cover letter i said i'd make up a fresh application with the cover letter wasnt having none of it. so have to wait another 8 or so weeks for my deer license to come and get the application sent asap hopefully i'll have the rifle by the 1st of September.

So after 7 weeks my new licence has arrived and the details are wrong.

They have the calibre of my old rifle listed. :mad:

You had one job AGS.. :rolleyes:

hrcbob wrote: »
    So after 7 weeks my new licence has arrived and the details are wrong.

They have the calibre of my old rifle listed. :mad:

You had one job AGS.. :rolleyes:

ring them today and tell them that a mistake was made on the license can they reprinted another one.

Hunter456 wrote: »
    ring them today and tell them that a mistake was made on the license can they reprinted another one.

Already on it. No fo until Saturday thou.

hrcbob wrote: »
    Already on it. No fo until Saturday thou.

no ring the FPU HQ 016661911

• Advertisement
Advertisement