Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fell off the wagon

• 19-04-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So after 18 months I fell off the wagon and went back on the analogues.
    Before I did though I was feeling awful, constant migraines and trouble sleeping. After I went back smoking this all stopped and I actually felt great.

I was using a 3mg juice and they tended to be sweet flavours. Although I will admit I was constantly vaping.

I want to start back vaping but I'm just afraid of getting the migraines straight away. I tried a 50/50 3mg juice and almost instantly I got a migraine.

Is it possible that the sweeteners in the juice would be causing this? I was gonna get to a shop in the morning to try a high VG juice to see if that would agree with me.

Any ideas on liquids to try?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

lenoude wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Before I did though I was feeling awful, constant migraines and trouble sleeping. After I went back smoking this all stopped and I actually felt great.

I was using a 3mg juice and they tended to be sweet flavours. Although I will admit I was constantly vaping.

I want to start back vaping but I'm just afraid of getting the migraines straight away. I tried a 50/50 3mg juice and almost instantly I got a migraine.

Is it possible that the sweeteners in the juice would be causing this? I was gonna get to a shop in the morning to try a high VG juice to see if that would agree with me.

Thanks

More likely to be the PG content than anything else. Try a few different juices to be sure. Start with 70/30 VG/PG, then 80/20 and so on. 100% VG is available but tougher to locate...Its very unlikely to be the concentrates imo.

If your based in Dublin drop into the Vape Cafe on Capel St. You can sample juices first rather than commit to a full bottle online.. Save yourself a few bob....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

lenoude wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks

I was having sinus bother with the 80/20 PG juices. So I switched to the high VG and the problems went away. Most juices high in VG will be 0, 3, 6mg. First one I tried a good few months ago now was This one ordered from the same site with the regulations coming in soon restricting sold units to 10ml bottles that site has very little stock though.

I found that the problems went away with the high VG and have been trying all sorts of Gourmet juices with high VG since very few I like. I would be into subtle flavours Far Neon Red Slushie is the nicest I've tried.

What I find with the lower nicotine juices is you tend to not be able to put them down because you're just not getting the craving that's hardwired in your brain from smoking. I have had more than a couple of sneaky smokes when out drinking (Vaping is nicer tasting so never even think about it the next day or feel guilty about it). If you can find a 12mg high VG you will save money. The thing about the high VG is it tends to burn coils quicker though so if you have a rebuildable its worth it if not you going to go through coils every couple of weeks or less. I get about a week and half out of the RBA on mine.

That Vape café on Capel St (Bolton St end) is great. Has Dodgy stairs though watch out!

Advertisement