Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

manual_man wrote: »
    I think Goldeneye would be the star attraction if and when a n64 mini classic were to come out.

If you think Microsoft would be the problem license-wise, you clearly have never tangled with Danjaq... Not to say that MS wouldn't cause issues but I'd say Perfect Dark would be far more likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Has the pre order ship set sail on these yet? Had a look around online earlier with no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

Tried to pre order the Snes mini with Smyths and it's a non runner, they said they had reached their pre order limits. Looks like I'll be queuing outside Argos to get one of the three they'll get in.
    Although I have a snes and a handful of games, the collection on this looks great.
    Brother said 'what's the big deal if you don't get one the day it comes out, you can get one on eBay!!

I've already remortgaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

evosteo wrote: »
    Has the pre order ship set sail on these yet? Had a look around online earlier with no luck

Smyth's were taking them almost non stop for 2 days, now they seem to be done for the first round at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

evosteo wrote: »

It looks like it, even in England
    Unless Argos has them in stock here on the release date
    They take preorders in England but not here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Honestly, I'd have no interest in a mini-N64. Outside of Mario 64 those games either have aged terribly or have better versions available elsewhere - the Zeldas on the 3DS for example.

I have 242 of the 243 games released on the PAL n64 and I cannot agree with you on any level. Not only have you missed out on the obvious games mentioned by others but also gems like jet force gemini, blast corps, excite bike, space station silicon valley, rocket robot, wrestlemania 2000 and the phenomenonal San Francisco rush 2049 which absolutely destroys the very good fzero x.
    Cracking console. Could easily pick 30 top tier games with no mario, link or Kong involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Banjo wrote: »
    " N64's best third-party games (Rare titles aside) could be limited to Turok, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron and Harvest Moon 64."

Oh no! It would be terrible to have to play games like that again! :D

Been hearing a lot about this. Is it worth picking up an American n64 to play?
    Have the fear I'll end up collecting all the ntsc games then as a result :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I have 242 of the 243 games released on the PAL n64 and I cannot agree with you on any level. Not only have you missed out on the obvious games mentioned by others but also gems like jet force gemini, blast corps, excite bike, space station silicon valley, rocket robot, wrestlemania 2000 and the phenomenonal San Francisco rush 2049 which absolutely destroys the very good fzero x

I think you've missed his point. He said they've aged badly. He didn't say there was no good games on the system.

And in my opinion as hard as it is for me to say, as someone who played his all the way through his teens, I think he's right.
    Even played on an old crt for the proper picture, N64 games for the most part particularly the earlier 3D ones really did not age well at all.

Not to say they weren't great machines in their day but they were a very early attempt at 3D which graphically and probably even more so playability wise are just awful these days.

I tried a few FPS games on N64 including Goldeneye recently and god they were awful from poor controls to choppy frame rates to horrible textures, the list goes on.

It's better to look back on the N64 with rose tinted glasses at this point unfortunately. Same goes for the PS1 for a lot of games but at least they created the DS1 with two analogue sticks.

Edit.... and back on topic, screw you Nintendo for not releasing enough of these.

Retro Pi 3. End of discussion.

Bargain....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That's beyond taking the piss, feel sorry for legit enthusiasts or even the younger generations who may have never played one of these. Fecking sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Just wondering how much does it cost over here?

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Just wondering how much does it cost over here?

€89 cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

That's a bit pricey isn't it.
    Yikes.
    I heard there's no power cord with it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For anyone looking for one keep an eye on Very.co.uk, they've had them up a few times already and took a good while for the first pre-orders to sell. There's quite a lot of outlets have had up pre-orders, so always worth keeping look out on them. Amazon's first batch was up for over an hour before they ran out, and had some up after. I think quite a few outlets will have further pre-orders up definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

MvsC3 wrote: »
    Bargain....

Everyone with an eBay account should send the seller a message saying they're a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to pay AU $500 for one of these deserves to be separated from their cash.
    Pre-orders are still coming up every so often, you'd be insane to hand over (what equates to) €336

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If no AC adapter, what type does it use?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If no AC adapter, what type does it use?

USB cable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a micro usb, same one most non Apple phones use.
    Given how many of these things litter our homes Nintendo were right not to include one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to pay AU $500 for one of these deserves to be separated from their cash.
    Pre-orders are still coming up every so often, you'd be insane to hand over (what equates to) €336

€400 with postage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's a micro usb, same one most non Apple phones use.
    Given how many of these things litter our homes Nintendo were right not to include one.

My TV USB port can power the mini NES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone got any idea where I could pre order an american snes at the rrp? One of my favourite consoles in my collection is my mint non yellowing NTSC SNES - most people think its the most hideous console in my collection but I love it and really want a mini version. Any help greatly appreciated.

Perhaps it might be easier to pre-order it on an American site such as walmart and use AddressPal's new USA forwarding service?

Perhaps it might be easier to pre-order it on an American site such as walmart and use AddressPal's new USA forwarding service?

Thanks a million - I have never used Addresspal is it a locker system like parcel motel or do they deliver to your house? Do you think I have missed the boat or will Walmart have more pre orders?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The inclusion of the second controller seems to be glossed over in a lot of the coverage I have read about this.

However hard the NES mini was to get, getting a second controller for it was nigh on impossible!

Having a 2nd one in the box here is great for games like Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I had one on Argos last night. But didn't get paid til today. A jip. ah well. I'll get sorted...

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks a million - I have never used Addresspal is it a locker system like parcel motel or do they deliver to your house? Do you think I have missed the boat or will Walmart have more pre orders?

Thanks again

It's like Parcel Motel except you collect from a post office of your choosing rather than a locker. To be honest the USA service is so new I haven't had a chance to use it.

As regards Walmart then that was just an example off the top of my head. There's bound to be other US sellers. I think I remember as US bargain alerts site called Slickdeals.net. Maybe sign up to that and check it regulary?

BestBuy get a lot of namechecks on Deals sites and Reddit, and assuming they're not lying they are the best buy. So check-a-check-em-out.

So... is Paul Rudd doing an ad for the SNES Mini or what? Would be great to see some gooney faced kid doing a SNES-on-a-big-screen homage ad then have Pistol whip in and take the controller off him. They could even make jokes about how neither the SNES nor Rudd have aged a day since the last ad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Banjo wrote: »
    So... is Paul Rudd doing an ad for the SNES Mini or what?

you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQevaXj3tQ

• Advertisement

No, Joben - that's his mainland ad. I meant his Island ad.
    Laters on the menjay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I have 242 of the 243 games released on the PAL n64 and I cannot agree with you on any level. Not only have you missed out on the obvious games mentioned by others but also gems like jet force gemini, blast corps, excite bike, space station silicon valley, rocket robot, wrestlemania 2000 and the phenomenonal San Francisco rush 2049 which absolutely destroys the very good fzero x.
    Cracking console. Could easily pick 30 top tier games with no mario, link or Kong involved.

Out of curiosity, what game are you missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I just wouldn't be able to deal with missing one

If I couldn't get it I'd sell off a few to ease the pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You will have to wait awhile though, they will not be doing pre-orders in the US till it gets FCC Approval, which will just be a formality but can take weeks.

Starfox 2 :)

Xenji wrote: »
    You will have to wait awhile though, they will not be doing pre-orders in the US till it gets FCC Approval, which will just be a formality but can take weeks.

Thanks is their any american site I should sign up to similar to this one that would give a heads up on pre-orders - thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks is their any american site I should sign up to similar to this one that would give a heads up on pre-orders - thanks

Neogaf would probably be your best bet, they will have a US pre order thread, they have an EU one already.

I could never join NeoGaf myself. They wouldn't send me a verification email after I regged. Only forum I've ever experienced that on.

I could never join NeoGaf myself. They wouldn't send me a verification email after I regged. Only forum I've ever experienced that on.

I never registered with them, but you can see and read everything without having to sign up.

A hands on preview of the NA variation, thankfully the controller cord is about 2ft longer this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tell you what would be nice - if they released a bundle with the same games for the Switch. I'd buy both at €80.

• Advertisement

Ebay must be taking down all the SNES because I see next to none up there now

Not that I would buy one there anyway but I’m glad.

Great if that’s the case, more for the genuine buyers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I was hoping and expecting them to do this, so I'm really really glad. I think they took down other similar listings before for similar reasons. It's bad enough for scalpers to try to sell items like limited edition consoles for extortionate prices after they've sold out, but for them to try to list products before they've even been put on sale in shops at all is pure ridiculous.

They are waiting for the opportune moment. Unfortunately there is nothing ebay can do since it's not illegal to mark up a product, very little anyone can do other then exercise common sense and don't pay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They are waiting for the opportune moment. Unfortunately there is nothing ebay can do since it's not illegal to mark up a product, very little anyone can do other then exercise common sense and don't pay up.

Yep they're taking them down now because the sellers don't actually have the product but once it's actually available, there's nothing they can do unless they specifically ban the sale of them at mark up which they certainly won't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can't sign up using free email accounts. Well that was the case when I joined years ago. Think I used a upc email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just got back the day from 4 months farting about in India. Looks like nobody is taking pre orders in anymore.

Hopefully Argos might get a couple but I don't think I'll be getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently Argos UK has been cancelling pre orders due to over booking them.

Apparently Argos UK has been cancelling pre orders due to over booking them.

Jeeze I hope Smyths don't cancel my order - does anyone remember if Argos Ireland had them on the day - might have to a personal day from work lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Jeeze I hope Smyths don't cancel my order - does anyone remember if Argos Ireland had them on the day - might have to a personal day from work lol!

No they did not. See that previous thread, us all going mad about it :pac:

No they did not. See that previous thread, us all going mad about it :pac:

No way! That is crazy - fingers crossed Smyths don't let me down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement