Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just realised my debit card I used to pre-order on Smyths expires end 09/2017. Looks like I'll be queuing early day 1 release so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Just realised my debit card I used to pre-order on Smyths expires end 09/2017. Looks like I'll be queuing early day 1 release so :pac:

Oh ****e my CC expires end of this month too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Worth giving them a ring and asking if they can change the payment details on their system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Out of curiosity, what game are you missing?

A bloody ice hockey game from 1999.
    It's called "NHL Pro 99". Narrowly missed out on it a year ago on ebay (a buy it now auction for 15 quid but I only saw the posting 2 minutes after it was added - which wasnt quick enough).
    I can get it in a cart on its own from Germany but thats the Euro version and all mine are UK versions (apart from the 4 Australian only exclusives).
    Plus, I only collect Complete in Box. To say it has been difficult looking at the collection knowing its missing one is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

Worth giving them a ring and asking if they can change the payment details on their system.

I contacted them to change my order from home delivery to store pick up but they said they couldnt change the order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Crap I just realised my credit card expires in Sep 17. Hope that doesn't cause any issues if the launch is late Sep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Synode wrote: »
    Crap I just realised my credit card expires in Sep 17. Hope that doesn't cause any issues if the launch is late Sep

The release date is September 29th so it just might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Taken from Smyths pre-order FAQ...

"If for any reason we are unable to take payment from your card, you will receive an email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. This must be completed within 24 hours of the email being sent to guarantee your order."

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/help-pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

ripperman wrote: »
    Taken from Smyths pre-order FAQ...

"If for any reason we are unable to take payment from your card, you will receive an email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. This must be completed within 24 hours of the email being sent to guarantee your order."

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/help-pre-order

Wow - the panic I went through between the past three messages and this one - thanks for clearing that up.

• Advertisement

Danick wrote: »
    Wow - the panic I went through between the past three messages and this one - thanks for clearing that up.

I'm in the same boat myself so I checked. Might be worth contacting them to see if this is accurate though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's definitely worth checking. I find with in demand products they change their policies if they want to with payments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What Irish stores can I preorder this from online? I went to Smyths online but there was no reference of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The pre-orders might all be gone now. I had trouble pre-ordering initially, kept sending me to the UK website until I created an account, then I was able to pick my local store to collect from. But that was Tuesday morning I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What Irish stores can I preorder this from online? I went to Smyths online but there was no reference of it...

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/retro-gaming/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nintendo-entertainment-system/p/161624

As stated above, I believe they're sold out of their preorder...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Digital Foundry Retro Preview.

• Advertisement

Just an update guys for anyone worried about the card expiry thing. I got in contact with Smyths on facebook and they confirmed that the FAQ is correct. You will get an email saying that the payment could not be processed on the card and you'll have 24 hours then to enter new card details. Unfortunately, the system will not allow a change to the order card details before then. So just to let you know. If anyone wants to talk to Smyths in person for further peace of mind, then, by all means, go ahead. I just thought I'd keep you updated with what I found. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just wanted to say thank you, I laughed my ass off at that! Classic Rudd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Strange the smyths preorder wasn't limited to one for each really, asked in argos today about a similar system to the UK of preorder/prereservation manager said he'd pass on my question/recommendations to games buyer tomorrow. Seems alot of people have enquired about the snes this weekend he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

ripperman wrote: »
    Just an update guys for anyone worried about the card expiry thing. I got in contact with Smyths on facebook and they confirmed that the FAQ is correct. You will get an email saying that the payment could not be processed on the card and you'll have 24 hours then to enter new card details. Unfortunately, the system will not allow a change to the order card details before then. So just to let you know. If anyone wants to talk to Smyths in person for further peace of mind, then, by all means, go ahead. I just thought I'd keep you updated with what I found. ;)

Such a relief- I contacted them by email this morning and I got an e-mail back (impressed as it's Sunday) saying to keep a look out for an email closer to the release date and like you said above - act immediately guys and we will get our retro fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

hi folks, I am based in the uk. Is there anywhere I can get one of these or are they sold out?

• Advertisement

Littlewoods? I don't think they've listed it yet.

zweton wrote: »
    hi folks, I am based in the uk. Is there anywhere I can get one of these or are they sold out?

Very.co.uk had some up recently, they are owned by the same people as Littlewoods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Guys is it stil worth putting 50e deposit with Game Stop?I was told I can pay 50 today I will get delivery with 2nd batch of orders.Not sure if that will happen this year:rolleyes:

Guys is it stil worth putting 50e deposit with Game Stop?I was told I can pay 50 today I will get delivery with 2nd batch of orders.Not sure if that will happen this year:rolleyes:

Well it's out in September, chances are they'll get a second batch before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Guys is it stil worth putting 50e deposit with Game Stop?I was told I can pay 50 today I will get delivery with 2nd batch of orders.Not sure if that will happen this year

Yeah do it. Sure if you get stuck with store credit you can just buy a digital voucher. I think they sell them for the Nintendo eShop, PSN, XBL & Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Can this be done online? Or do you have to go to a store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Think this is what I'll be doing at lunch anyway.

Think this is what I'll be doing at lunch anyway.

Same. I'm in no huge rush to get one, but it'd be nice to have for Christmas, so if this is the best (only?) way of getting in line I might as well do it today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Evil_g wrote: »
    Same. I'm in no huge rush to get one, but it'd be nice to have for Christmas, so if this is the best (only?) way of getting in line I might as well do it today.

Get on it today, as those who figured they'd wait until the market quietened down to buy a NES Classic were inevitably disappointed or had to go to extraordinary lengths, and costs, to get one.
    But, if you already own a Snes with most of the games, it is of little real utility.
    I've 90% of the games already, only really getting it as it's Nintendo hardware and has Starfox 2!

I was a megadrive child and it is to my eternal regret never getting one when they were cheap as chips during the PS1 era.

I'm still holding out that the Switch manifests with some super collection of SNES games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was a megadrive child and it is to my eternal regret never getting one when they were cheap as chips during the PS1 era.

I'm still holding out that the Switch manifests with some super collection of SNES games.

There was a time when you couldn't give away Snes games and everyone was playing the Playstation and N64, and as time marches on so the consoles in question also change.

Right now you can't get shot of PS3/360 games, but the day will come when people will kick themselves for not picking up that copy of Deadly Premonition or Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Similarly, the goal posts move of what you're likely to find at a Sunday Market/Car Boot sale.
    Right now it's mostly Wii/360 and PS3 stuff, with less and less PS2/Xbox/GC.
    Certainly, in the past 4 years cart based games have become quite rare to find, and PS/Saturn/N64 games also seldom seen.

As a result, for many it's the route of emulation that represents the easiest path, or an Everdrive slotted into an original console, at a push I'd say the latter.

It might be a more healthy thing to get a Snes and then collect games over time, limit perhaps to one a month, building a collection of games that mean something to you and affording you the time to get to know them too.

Put a deposit on in Gamestop at lunch. So now to forget about it for a few months.

Evil_g wrote: »
    Put a deposit on in Gamestop at lunch. So now to forget about it for a few months.

Did exactly the same thing there myself. Turns out I still had a loyalty card with Gamestop. Goes to show how "in the loop" I am with gaming these days.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There was a time when you couldn't give away Snes games and everyone was playing the Playstation and N64, and as time marches on so the consoles in question also change.

Right now you can't get shot of PS3/360 games, but the day will come when people will kick themselves for not picking up that copy of Deadly Premonition or Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Similarly, the goal posts move of what you're likely to find at a Sunday Market/Car Boot sale.
    Right now it's mostly Wii/360 and PS3 stuff, with less and less PS2/Xbox/GC.
    Certainly, in the past 4 years cart based games have become quite rare to find, and PS/Saturn/N64 games also seldom seen.

As a result, for many it's the route of emulation that represents the easiest path, or an Everdrive slotted into an original console, at a push I'd say the latter.

It might be a more healthy thing to get a Snes and then collect games over time, limit perhaps to one a month, building a collection of games that mean something to you and affording you the time to get to know them too.

I have so many near-misses.

My worst one is when Electronics Boutique on Henry St had a Dreamcast Bundle on Christmas Eve 2000 with 2 controllers, 2 VMUs, Keyboard, Mouse, a hape of games (like about 1-20 or something insane) and no doubt it probably had the fishing rod controller too. ALL for IR£99.00

And my uncle convinced me not to get it. My mate had a Dreamcast. I knew it was special and I knew it would be sought after and still... nope. IDIOT!!! Kills me still to this day.

Did exactly the same thing there myself. Turns out I still had a loyalty card with Gamestop. Goes to show how "in the loop" I am with gaming these days.

When he asked if I had a loalty card I had to tell him that I haven't bough a computer game since I was 12 (I'm 34 now).

I am not a regular on this forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I really regret selling Megaman X for the SNES back in the day. I finished it so I didn't see the point in keeping it back then as I needed money to buy new games.

Now I never sell any game no matter what. Have a great collection of PS1, PS2 and 360 classics.

Back when everyone was focusing on the PS3 and 360 I bought a whole bunch of PS2 classics for very little like Okami, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and other brilliant games I didn't happen to have already as well as cult games like Deadly Premonition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

English Tesco have them online for preorder now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Already gone. Got the nes on pre order but missed the boat on this one. Hopefully Nintendo learn from production mistakes for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Thanks for this, I got one. For once the Irish price is less than UK price and I have to fecking import :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

If I pre order this week is it likely that I will get one at some stage in the future or likely that the demand will exceed production altogether.

eggy81 wrote: »
    If I pre order this week is it likely that I will get one at some stage in the future or likely that the demand will exceed production altogether.

You'd have to hope Nintendo have learned their lesson from the NES mini. But who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Watch the Smyth's stock checker from around 11am 2 days after release, I think to that's when any unclaimed click n collect preorders start getting manually scanned back into stock. Lots of double and triple orders, unlikely everyone is going to buy every preorder they made and CnC's are no-money-down so they're easier to walk away from.

Yes watch this thread like a hawk. I got my NES mini that way. I seen the posts on this thread saying it was up on Argos. Then spent the next 2 hours on their site refreshing on the NES mini page. They seemed to put them up in batches throughout the day. You'll hopefully get lucky and see there's stock, reserve it and boom you're staying up till 6am searching for a princess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Synode wrote: »
    Yes watch this thread like a hawk. I got my NES mini that way. I seen the posts on this thread saying it was up on Argos. Then spent the next 2 hours on their site refreshing on the NES mini page. They seemed to put them up in batches throughout the day. You'll hopefully get lucky and see there's stock, reserve it and boom you're staying up till 6am searching for a princess

Sorry but the SNES is in another castle....

Amazon have started sending out emails to customers who ordered multiple consoles informing them that they can only purchase one and any additional consoles will be cancelled.

• Advertisement

• Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon have started sending out emails to customers who ordered multiple consoles informing them that they can only purchase one and any additional consoles will be cancelled.

Great news IMO

That is super news. Super Nintendo news. Ammiright?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

So Argos and Smyth's are your best bet?

What about Gamestop they getting any in?

Edit: just put fifty knicker down on one in Gamestop Patrick street (pana)

Asus X540L wrote: »
    So Argos and Smyth's are your best bet?

What about Gamestop they getting any in?

Edit: just put fifty knicker down on one in Gamestop Patrick street (pana)

That was quick. Yer man in Gamestop SSG seemed to think that I could be in a "THIRD" batch... That's good I suppose?

And I just found out my mate has a Smyths booking for me. YYYUUUSSS!!!

I'll get one of these yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire are still taking pre-orders but the girl basically said that it will be the second wave, assuming there is a second wave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement