Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

"Will ye sell the games on their own bud???"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I agree.... But hardly fair this lad gets bandied about as "dodge AF"....

Well it is dodge AF considering you can buy the exact same item for far far less in many other places online.

https://www.zapals.com/super-mini-sfc-game-console-with-built-in-400-classic-games.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I agree.... But hardly fair this lad gets bandied about as "dodge AF"....

The item is dodge, not the seller.
    The seller can sell anything he or she want to.
    It'd be more than unfortunate if someone spent that sort of money on something thinking it was something else.
    The differences might be obvious to the users here, but to the less accustomed to videogames they all look the same, don't they?

In the sellers defence, they do mention the word "clone" quite clearly in the title though.
    And it's used elsewhere in the ad, describing other items they are selling.

But, to repeat, I didn't refer to the seller as dodgy, only the unlicensed clone as dodgy, because it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The bootleg fonts and lack of logos really give off a first impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Eight in stock,Smyths blanch if anyone is looking for one.

Edit:Jeysus nearly every smyths have them now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

More NES than snes Dealz have a 3m turbo NES pad in stores now for €6 looks really good quality too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

km79 wrote: »
    Just started playing it properly now and was getting frustrated with having to reset from console
    A quick Google told me the Wii controller could be used as it has home button built in
    Happy :)

You could also do the hack and you can use button combos to reset the console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

magentis wrote: »
    Eight in stock,Smyths blanch if anyone is looking for one.

Edit:Jeysus nearly every smyths have them now!

Gone from Blanch, some left in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They are in stock on amazon

Posted on the bargain thread but will put up here too as more may see it, no guarantee on this btw.

Hori snes pad down to £16.99 on uk argos site, still €36.99 on argos.ie 

Reserve one now just in case they do go down over night its available to order in most stores as of now

http://checkargos.com/product/7455407

Out of stock in dublin as of midnight hope someone gets a bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

You can also buy them here for £18 but they've been that price for 3 months so you're not relying on Argos' sales or anything:
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/hori-wireless-mini-snes-fighting-commander-classic-controller-mini-nes-snes-wii-u/dgc-fcccsnes.htm?awc=2694_1516835577_de96c679a8b14a808a99ea741469bad3

Out of stock now in dublin either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would definitely have picked up that Hori controller for a decent price but looking at the reviews for it, it seems an unusually poor quality from Hori. Lot of complaints about the D-pad on it, a lot of people having ones that don't register inputs properly, similar some of the Switch Pro Controllers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Out of stock now in dublin either way

Omni have one

Didn't drop in price unfortunately am just after being told in hospital eyes are still too compromised to use something like this it's a horror story not being able to enjoy games like I used to. 2 years and 4 months now since treatment began so probably never gonna happen now still a man child can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Didn't drop in price unfortunately am just after being told in hospital eyes are still too compromised to use something like this it's a horror story not being able to enjoy games like I used to. 2 years and 4 months now since treatment began so probably never gonna happen now still a man child can dream.

Sorry to hear that dude.

I can still use a 2DS or 3ds so not all bad but ah **** I need to post about this stuff in personal issues or meds thread bumming everyone out posting it here. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Need to get yourself one of those cybernetic eyes!
    rachel-duncan-eye-OB-orphan-black-GIF.gif

Hope you get some improvement soon!

Next time you beat up the collector see what space age occular enhancers he's got. :D

Normal program recommencing in 3,2,1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the snes mini is listed as out of stock in Smyths in Blanch, went in there today to try and luck and they had one in stock! looking forward to giving this a go. The original SNES was my first ever home console and is still one of my favorite consoles of all time!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi all. Looking at the Smyths website just now, all stores listed have stock available, and it's also available for home delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Loving this box of retro goodness. Managed to complete super metroid in 5 hours not bad for first run through.

Just wondering can anyone tell me where to get extension cable in a bricks and mortar store.

Got a twin pack off orzly on amazon seem to have misplaced one extension lead makes Mario kart with herself a bit more annoying when one of us is near the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Apparently the cables have popped up in Dealz a few times.

I'm pretty sure I spent 5 hours just on that bit where you have to wall jump about 8 times in a row to get out of a pit. And then walked away and came back and did the same thing the following day and every day for around 2 weeks. It's one of the reasons why I didn't get a 1st Class honours....

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Banjo wrote: »
    Apparently the cables have popped up in Dealz a few times.

I'm pretty sure I spent 5 hours just on that bit where you have to wall jump about 8 times in a row to get out of a pit. And then walked away and came back and did the same thing the following day and every day for around 2 weeks. It's one of the reasons why I didn't get a 1st Class honours....

Yeah they don't make games like they used to anyway.

Went on to megaman and really enjoyed it aswell, tried to get into FF3 but dunno the random battle mechanic irks me now after playing modern JRPGs like persona 5.

I've got two cables I'd trade for some plutonium if anyone has any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah crap. I would've taken the cables off you with this plutonium some Libyans gave me, but don't think they'd be too happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bring the cables, Castor - this concerns them! It's your controllers, somethings gotta be done about your controllers!

Well you could always get me the left foot of Banjo, you could have one cable for an ankle but both for the whole foot.

Damn, still have to raid the gamesroom for suitable swapsies candidates for those cables....
    Do you have a Famicom?
    I've a spare Gradius here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Advertisement