Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It doesn't come with an ac adapter - almost any mini-usb wall wart phone charger will do the job, or the USB port on your telly.

You can add games but you have to hack it. It's fairly straightforward, there are dedicated Reddit groups for that. With some messing around you can play games from other systems, add USB storage and all sorts.

Ive played it on a 50", looks fine to me, but bear in mind the cables are short-ish so you will be blind by sundown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Yeah I hear you, will invest in wireless ones down the line. Does the hdmi give a good pic for the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

With almost a year since this was announced will we hear about an N64 one in the coming weeks if Nintendo do release an N64 one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm still hoping for a Gameboy related announcement.
    Something like that, with a colour screen, would be the cats pjs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

If the next one's going to be an N64 Mini, then Nintendo have to improve the control stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Hoping for the Gameboy too. A legit pre-loaded GB is what dreams are made of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Hoping for the Gameboy too. A legit pre-loaded GB is what dreams are made of.

Never mind my request for colour, a slimline, crispy mono screened GB loaded with goodies would be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Been reading through this thread. Feel sorry for anyone who paid over the RRP for these months back. I got one in Smyths 2 nights ago for €85.

SMW is addictive. Never played it before. After getting stuck on one part on the Vanilla Dome 3 with 2 out of reach pipes that people seem to be able to walk up but I can't. Stuck Super Ghouls n Ghosts on earlier. Embarrassing that I cant get past the first level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Been reading through this thread. Feel sorry for anyone who paid over the RRP for these months back. I got one in Smyths 2 nights ago for €85.

SMW is addictive. Never played it before. After getting stuck on one part on the Vanilla Dome 3 with 2 out of reach pipes that people seem to be able to walk up but I can't. Stuck Super Ghouls n Ghosts on earlier. Embarrassing that I cant get past the first level

Which part is it in Mario? Can you run up them if they have wee ramps beside them?

As for Ghouls n Ghosts. If you can get past the first section of the first level, then you're doing well.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which part is it in Mario? Can you run up them if they have wee ramps beside them?

As for Ghouls n Ghosts. If you can get past the first section of the first level, then you're doing well.

It's first level of stage 3 I think. There's ramps beside them (if little pink things are ramps) but my Mario has a Cape so if I hit run it just does that twirly thing. I'll give it another shot when I try it again later. I did manage to float onto one of the pipes once. Was a fluke and could not repeat it.

Made it to level 2 on SGnG a few minutes ago. Instantly dying. They really don't make them like that anymore.

• Advertisement

Could be wrong, it's been a few decades, but i think you have to be running full pelt - and possibly also be shrunk - to go up those ramps. Back up and get a run-up

Sound thanks. Better lose the Cape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

You can keep the cape too. Yoshi can't run up those though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yoshi can use the ramps like trampolines to bounce on. But yeah just start running before you get to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

If anyone's interested, Dealz have Turbo joypads for sale at 6 euro. 3 metre cable too.

Yeah turns out I can run with the Cape the twirly thing is the start of the run. Anyway got past that stage, thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thinking of pulling the trigger and getting one of these. I have an original SNES at home with about 25 games, but would be nice to have the mini with even more games on it.

For anybody who has hacked theirs, what is the quality of the games they’ve added to them? Is it the usual hit and miss of emulation? Or is everything perfect liking playing the original?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Does anyone know where to get a genuine nintendo wii classic controller......or any controller with a reset button ?????

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Does anyone know where to get a genuine nintendo wii classic controller......or any controller with a reset button ?????

:(

CEX should have some Wii controllers second hand, also the pads mentioned a few posts ago in Dealz should do the job.

Alternatively you could get the 8bitdo bluetooth receiver and use any bluetooth wireless pad such as the Dual Shock 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

ha ha i wasn't sure if the comment about Dealz comment was a joke ? googled joy pad on there site...all i got was joy ring....very different things..... :eek:

• Advertisement

I picked up a pair of those NES mini pads from Dealz in Clarehall just now, €6 each and they've a few left.
    Of course, having bought them I realise I don't own a NES Mini, instead I've a Famicom Mini and a SNES Mini!
    Still, I can hang onto them til I pick one up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Still, I can hang onto them til I pick one up!

You're dangerously close now to becoming a parody man :D

Inviere wrote: »
    You're dangerously close now to becoming a parody man :D

I thought that time was long past my friend!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I thought that time was long past my friend!

Lol, indeed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finally going to add the extra games

Can anyone link the best YouTube guide pretty please?

The one that was recommended for the new classic mini was excellent as he had all the links for ROMs etc in the comments so was very easy to do

So, this is kind of interesting
    A device to let a person play their SNES/Super Nintendo/Super Famicom collection on their SNES Mini.
    It also allows some other dodgy stuff involving SD cards, but for now I'm impressed with people being able to use their existing library of SNES titles on the Mini console.
    Downside is it's €69.99

https://www.foregames.nl/product/classic-2-magic-snes-mini-cartridge-adapter/

With the Snes Mini being completely hacked, I don't see the point :(

A rom doesn't give you that satisfying clunk-click when you soap the game in. Not sure that feeling is worth 70 quids though

Banjo wrote: »
    A rom doesn't give you that satisfying clunk-click when you soap the game in. Not sure that feeling is worth 70 quids though

Plugging a cart into a frankenbox that's connected to the console via a usb lead though? Gimmick central imo

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »

So Banjo.... describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about... your mother.

Advertisement