Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Got a pair of wireless third party snes controllers off eBay for about 8 euro each, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This thread inspired me to mod mine for the first time tonight.

I played Metroid Zero Mission and Klonoa on GBA, Tetris and Balloon Kid on Gameboy and Sunset Riders on the SNES.

So easy - I should have done it sooner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Must mod mine too. I presume its handy enough.

Yep, sure is. Lots of youtube videos with instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭redlead

Yeh it automatically puts them into folders alphabetically . I haven’t seen any issues on my own to be honest. They play fine.
    It worked great on mine apart from Mario all stars. That just kept crashing on the load up screen no matter what version I tried.

The price of the console was worth it for super mario world alone for me. God I love that game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thats weird, Mario allstars defo works on mine, its one of the most played games on it! So must be something strange causing that.

I'll try it on mine tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lidl selling this for €80 today. Santy picked one up for me...

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll try it on mine tonight.

Oh, never replied to this.

Super Mario Allstars works fine for me. Played first world in SMB2 and half a world in SMB3. No crashes or problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

seamus wrote: »
    Lidl selling this for €80 today. Santy picked one up for me...

really do hope scalpers dont ruin this for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

airmax87 wrote: »
    really do hope scalpers dont ruin this for everyone
    To be fair to Lidl, when I went in, after panicking for two minutes that they were all gone already, there was actually a sign saying that you had to ask a member of staff. So I went to the checkout and he had a stack of them under the till. So maybe they're limiting the number anyone can buy.

Or they're just aware that it's an expensive item easily concealed on the way out the door. :D

€80 isn't that cheap, it's €85 in Smyths, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Well here's hoping theres one in the Celbridge store tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Corholio wrote:
    I don't really get the whole 'Because I didn't play it much now it means the games weren't actually that great' It's more a personal nostalgia not having the same effect now really. I never thought I'd play the SNES mini etc as much as I originally played the SNES, just a nice option to play through now and again.

Completely agree. Our lives are radically different to those days as well so if you have commitments, you can't spend all those hours again. Mod'ed mine the other day (finally) and plan to put it to good use over Christmas with family/friends. I view it as a long term investment, which is essentially timeless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

BadTurtle wrote:
    Got a pair of wireless third party snes controllers off eBay for about 8 euro each, well worth it.

Can you post the link to which ones you got? Would love to get a pair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

Wanted to buy this as a Christmas present but shops were all out. For 80+ euros, I'm not so sure anymore. Am I right in thinking that it's just an emulator and you can't even play the cartridges on it. Going to a Chinese shop and there's similar emulator consoles for 30euro and 400 games.

Which would be the better buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Inviere

Going to a Chinese shop and there's similar emulator consoles for 30euro and 400 games.

Quality over quantity...the Snes Mini walks all over the Chinese boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Inviere wrote: »
    Quality over quantity...the Snes Mini walks all over the Chinese boxes

Agreed. You’re supporting Nintendo by getting the genuine article, and not some cheap imitation with loads of unlicensed games that developers don’t get a penny for, after all the hard time they put into designing and creating them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wanted to buy this as a Christmas present but shops were all out. For 80+ euros, I'm not so sure anymore. Am I right in thinking that it's just an emulator and you can't even play the cartridges on it. Going to a Chinese shop and there's similar emulator consoles for 30euro and 400 games.

Most of those Chinese ones are cheap tat with about 25 unique games, a load renamed & games that cheap immitation of some thing else. If you must emulate buy a pi and you could set it up in an hour.
    That way you can play Chrono Trigger or other games not in the SNES/NES classic. Many who bought the SNES nodded it anyway so don't feel guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was I imagining it or did I read somewhere that they are going to stop production of the SNES mini? I wasn’t going to buy one as I still have my original SNES, but decided a week or so ago that I’ll pick up one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

BDJW wrote: »
    Was I imagining it or did I read somewhere that they are going to stop production of the SNES mini? I wasn’t going to buy one as I still have my original SNES, but decided a week or so ago that I’ll pick up one soon

Yup, both the SNES and NES minis are OOP.

• Advertisement

Yup, both the SNES and NES minis are OOP.

I’ll try pick one up this week so! Argos have them for 90 quid and they seem to be in stock. Smyths are a fiver cheaper but none in any close to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Can anyone post to which ones would be the best wireless third party snes controllers off eBay? Also is it possible to get goldeneye for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

zweton wrote: »
    Can anyone post to which ones would be the best wireless third party snes controllers off eBay? Also is it possible to get goldeneye for this?

If you also have a Switch I would get an 8bitdo sn30/sfc30 pro. It will require an additional dongle to work with the mini, but is also 100% compatible with the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

zweton wrote: »

Goldeneye wasn't on the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Sanity brought me some wireless controller,s so happy boy here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got one of these today as a secret Santa present and already my mindset has moved to how to hack it. Will play some of the included games first before I potentially break it.

Very hard to break. Adding new games is virtually foolproof. You can take a full backup before you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

massy086 wrote: »
    Sanity brought me some wireless controller,s so happy boy here

Spent several minutes debating was Sanity the name of a shop or a human.

Santy I figured, eventually :D

BDJW wrote: »
    I’ll try pick one up this week so! Argos have them for 90 quid and they seem to be in stock. Smyths are a fiver cheaper but none in any close to me

Managed to pick up one today :D

• Advertisement

Managed to pick up one today :D

Set it up last night and then realised why everybody has been buying extension cables for the controllers! Any recommendations for extension cables? Or even cables to stay away from?

Advertisement