Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Options
1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Set it up last night and then realised why everybody has been buying extension cables for the controllers! Any recommendations for extension cables? Or even cables to stay away from?
    Go down the wireless controller route.i got 2 off Santa haven't stopped playing it since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

massy086 wrote: »
    Go down the wireless controller route.i got 2 off Santa haven't stopped playing it since

I had thought of it and looked into the 8bitdo controller, but can’t justify the cost of them versus two extension cables at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I got two extension chords and a wii controller/ game pad... has the reset/home button.... very essential

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I had thought of it and looked into the 8bitdo controller, but can’t justify the cost of them versus two extension cables at the moment

Go onto Amazon and look for orzly extensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Kimbot wrote: »

Ended up ordering Younik cables the other day due to the good reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Kimbot wrote: »

Ended up ordering Younik cables the other day due to the good reviews

In case anyone’s on the hunt - I’ve been price tracking the Younik cables on Amazon and they’re currently £5.99 for a pair from a third party seller:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Younik-Extension-Nintendo-Classic-Controller-SNES-Mini-Cable/dp/B01N5CA2JS

Seems worth a punt at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

What is the best guide for hacking a SNES mini? Feel free to PM if it can't be posted here, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Look on YouTube. Lot of tutorials. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Mr E wrote: »
    Look on YouTube. Lot of tutorials. :o

That's what I was planning on next weekend, was just wondering if there was any guide that is better than the others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What is the best guide for hacking a SNES mini? Feel free to PM if it can't be posted here, thanks!

As was said, YouTube or a general search. There's a common tool for it, though I can't recall the name. It's really very, very easy to do.

• Advertisement

Hakchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

Reddit.com/r/minisnes

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Hi Folks, wondered if you could help me out with a quick question. Recently bought this recently and hooked it up through the hdmi. I turned on mario kart to play but found it quite blurry, as in the graphics are poor. Is this normal or have i hooked it up with some dodgy settings ? Bear in mind i have it attached to a 58" panasonic smart tv.

Probably the size of your TV, to be honest. The SNES had an anti-aliasing effect that made the graphics smooth and the colours better blended. The size of your TV probably exaggerates that.

Check out the modes on your TV to see if they are doing anything (there are probably modes for gaming, cinema, concerts etc.)

Also check the settings in the mini - you can change the aspect ratio which might improve things.

Remember that you are emulating a game that is nearly 30 years old. It could just be the game. It isn't Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Probably the size of your TV, to be honest. The SNES had an anti-aliasing effect that made the graphics smooth and the colours better blended. The size of your TV probably exaggerates that.

Check out the modes on your TV to see if they are doing anything (there are probably modes for gaming, cinema, concerts etc.)

Also check the settings in the mini - you can change the aspect ratio which might improve things.

Remember that you are emulating a game that is nearly 30 years old. It could just be the game. It isn't Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. :o

Also wouldn't help if it is a 4K tv. The way LED tvs work can cause issue with content at a lower resolution than the display.

Thanks will check out the settings and go from there.

Also wouldn't help if it is a 4K tv. The way LED tvs work can cause issue with content at a lower resolution than the display.

Yeah its a 4k allright, i just dont think they are compatible. May look at selling it if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In fairness, you're using a game that you were lucky to be able to have access to a 21' CRT on a 58' 4K TV!

Saw this, may help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/7cw79a/snes_classic_graphics_need_help/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Inviere

Advertisement