Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paul79

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd love to kick Kirby's Dream Course out and that Japanese Super Formation Soccer just reminded me of an amazing game, International Superstar Soccer Deluxe(ISSD). Made by Konami, those who've played know how good it was. It battered the living daylights out of FIFA back then. Off to Youtube I go. It's probably my favourite sports game from that era.
    international-superstar-soccer-deluxe-usa.png

Good memory sligeach, Loved ISS Deluxe quality game , used to love playing the scenario mode Germany 3-1 down to France and you had from the 60th minute to win the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Turn the ref into a dog but he still gave you a red card, am I the only one pissed it's only 21 games?

Should be able to mod it down the line and throw the full library on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Pre ordered this morning. Got two. Going to make a mint ;).

*relax ones for my brother*

• Should be able to mod it down the line and throw the full library on and never play even a quarter of them :D

fyp :pac::pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Got my pre order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I got a pre-order from Smyths at like 5:30pm yesterday as soon as the Snes mini was announced on my RSS feeds.

I wasn't a part of the giant sh1tshow that was the NES classic launch, but I did manage to pick one up in Argos later via pure luck.

Did anybody have any problems getting their pre-orders fulfilled by Smyths during the NES saga?

I'm worried about needing to pick up other pre-orders elsewhere just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Also wondering if Smyths are reliable for these pre-orders? Their site crashed for a few hours last night, most likely due to traffic from this! :pac:

Anyone notice the price has now gone from €84.99 to €89.99 on the Smyths site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Still no Pre-order on Nintendo's own store... those crafty bastards are up to something...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got my pre-order done on the smyths website :)
    Really hoping to get my hands on this now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Before I knew what I was doing I had this preordered last night.

Do I need it?

No.

But....

Listening to the starfox soundtrack on spotify and I has the serious feelz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I per ordered from game stop just there, I presume they are grand for fulfilling pre orders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I per ordered from game stop just there, I presume they are grand for fulfilling pre orders ?

Just did the same, I'd imagine that they'd contact you in the near future if theres any problem with the preorder.

Just seen on the Smyths website that they're out of stock already!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I hope so, I've just ordered 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So we knew that the games run in 60Hz. But now it's confirmed that they're the US versions of the games. I don't know what that's going to mean for other European languages.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1238330.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Wheety wrote: »
    I hope so, I've just ordered 10.
    really? why?

I ordered two in smyths with the hope of getting a swap for the second one for a nes classic....

really? why?

He's very accident prone when it comes to his tech stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

I ordered mine yesterday
    But I now see the prices have risen
    I know smyths failed to fulfill some orders for the nes mini last year
    Has anyone else ordered a second one just in case? Or are there going to be a lot more snes consoles released

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

madcabbage wrote: »
    Just did the same, I'd imagine that they'd contact you in the near future if theres any problem with the preorder.

Just seen on the Smyths website that they're out of stock already!!

Out of stock because they are a pre order item or not taking more orders?

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Out of stock because they are a pre order item or not taking more orders?

Their initial allocation must be sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Their initial allocation must be sold out.

I ordered mine from gamestop literally 2 mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

really? why?

Adverts will be active when these come out:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyths are out of stock for home delivery, in store still seems to be available.

Gamestop are taking €5 deposits online.

Dark Knight - If my pre-order falls through and you get both of yours, I'll happily swap for a NES Mini :D

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Adverts will be active when these come out:)

Ah, I didn't really order 10 but I'm sure there will be plenty on sale for the run up to Christmas.

Wheety wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't really order 10 but I'm sure there will be plenty on sale for the run up to Christmas.

That's what we all thought about the NES mini....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Missed everywhere else so I ordered in-store at GameStop. They reckon over half of their available pre-orders are already gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

GameStop are out of stock already

• Missed everywhere else so I ordered in-store at GameStop. They reckon over half of their available pre-orders are already gone.

:eek: Gold Dust again

You would wonder what the first shipment count is this time around from Nintendo. You would expect that they will at least double up on the small numbers last time round.

That's what we all thought about the NES mini....

I mean on Adverts, Ebay etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just ordered on Smyths for collection in store :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

tumblr_os65bxMpy01s667kio1_1280.png
    tumblr_os65bxMpy01s667kio2_1280.png
    tumblr_os65bxMpy01s667kio3_1280.png
    tumblr_os65bxMpy01s667kio4_1280.png
    tumblr_os65bxMpy01s667kio5_1280.png

Banjo wrote: »
    Smyths are out of stock for home delivery, in store still seems to be available.

Dark Knight - If my pre-order falls through and you get both of yours, I'll happily swap for a NES Mini :D
    That's a deal banjo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »

Jaysus! Not this $h1t€ again. You've just reminded me that they still owe me €5 for my cancelled Switch pre-order. Completely forgot about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Missed Secret of Mana on the list. That's another I wouldn't mind having a go at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A possible reason Gamestop pre-orders sold out sort of quickly is that quite a few of people in the UK seemed to be ordering from the Irish Gamestop website. Various forums have people saying they got their pre-order from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I ordered from gamestop myself earlier. They had my nes mini and extra controller for me on day 1 last year so I'm happy to go back to them for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If its anything like the Switch with pre-orders in Gamestop, they'll be asking for a bigger deposit to guarantee you Day 1 at a later date because of the demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Missed Secret of Mana on the list. That's another I wouldn't mind having a go at.

Probably the only RPG I've ever put some time into and enjoyed, I usually find them painfully boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CastorTroy wrote: »

Excellent game!

... My thoughts on the list is that it's a pretty excellent selection. A bit bummed Chrono Trigger isn't there as it's one I never got to play. And there's surprisingly few multiplayer titles considering they're throwing in a second joypad (although Mario Kart and SF2 Turbo are two of the best). But sure we can throw all the titles we want on once it's hacked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Just pre-ordered mine on Smyth's website for collection instore. Just wondering how full-proof this method is?

Just pre-ordered mine on Smyth's website for collection instore. Just wondering how full-proof this method is?
    it worked flawlessly for me for the NES Classic anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Only £190

I bet the bastards with those preorders expect the buyer to pay for the system on too of that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Surely....Surely they won't mess this up will they? My favourite ever console and the one that got me into gaming when I got it for Christmas 20+ years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It'll look odd without a game cartridge in it.

Hope there's something in there.

On the game side, I really would have loved a Bomberman and Final Fight! Looking forward to it regardless though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

I would advise on getting to the store asap when they go on sale
    I remember some ppl posting on the other thread that had issues with the mini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Great! So you just go in-store on the release day and it will be there waiting for you?

Why is the home delivery option sold out on Smyth's website but you can still buy it to collect in-store? Seems strange to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Great! So you just go in-store on the release day and it will be there waiting for you?

Why is the home delivery option sold out on Smyth's website but you can still buy it to collect in-store? Seems strange to me...

Don't think they process home delivery on pre-sale items

yup you go in with your email, they get your reserved item, they charge your card.

There's more stock for collect in-store as it drives traffic. You're more likely to impulse buy in the store than you are online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement