Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Nintendo Classic Mini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Ryath

Don't think they process home delivery on pre-sale items

No it was available for home delivery yesterday. Probably just a certain amount of stock allocated to it and rest between store. Sorry I didn't pre order a second yesterday before they put the price up. Would make a great christmas present for one of my brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah it's only an extra 5 quid. He's your brother. YOUR BROTHER!
    (Besides, give him the cheap one and keep the expensive one for yourself. Who's the best son now, Donnacha? WHO'S THE BEST SON NOW????)

But yeah, Smyths allocate X amount for online distribution and the rest go to stores. It was the same with the Switch. They were VERY confident about their in-store Switch allocations, despite preorders selling out all over the place, and they did not disappoint even if they did leave it very late to send out the notifications of availability considering the store opened at midnight. Basically, I'm putting my faith in Smyths. And setting my alarm for 4am September 29th so I can launch a one-man DoS attack on Argos.ie trying to get a 2nd reservation...

• Good Feature from SNESdrunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I pre ordered two instore at Smyth's just now, Second one for my other half. I had to pay €10 euro deposit each for them.

Pre-orderable on Nintendo.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

Bomber man would have been a nice game to add as well, more so since it comes with two pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Preorders available on Nintendo.co.uk. Just ordered one from there too in case Smyths let me down. Used AddressPal

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-classic-mini-hardware/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nintendo-entertainment-system/11495711.html

£10 cheaper than Amazon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

pre orders seem to be sold out on the nintendo uk site already, thats less than half an hour!

Even with Parcel Motel it works out at no more than the original Smyth's price (Hurray for the destabilising influence of the DUP!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Seems it's sold out everywhere: Smyths, Gamestop, Amazon and Nintendo.co.uk.

Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

£10 cheaper than Amazon too.

Amazon's price will go down, it might even go slightly lower than Nintendo's site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I had to pay €10 euro deposit each for them.

why is that? you can order online and not be charged anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Defo a pity none of super tennis, ISS(the original!) or NBA Jam made it. It does seem short on 2player vs games.

it was the same with the Switch. And they wouldn't let you put money down in-store on an Online order.... but they came through anyway, and they'll come through again. Right? Right...?

re: 2 player games, I'm wondering if they've avoided anything with complicated licensing (NBA Jam, ISS, etc) but left the back door open a la NES Mini so you can take care of them yourself? Then thrown on Mario Kart and SF2 to justify the 2nd pad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Ryath

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah it's only an extra 5 quid. He's your brother. YOUR BROTHER!
    (Besides, give him the cheap one and keep the expensive one for yourself. Who's the best son now, Donnacha? WHO'S THE BEST SON NOW????)

:D We do kris kindle so 3 in 5 of getting one who'd really like it. Other two brothers wouldn't have been to bothered they both would have really liked
    International Superstar Soccer though. Had forgotten about that game was class.
    Can't remember what games we had. Only had SMW, Donkey Kong Country and The Lion King! in early years. We rented a good bit. Youngest brothers did get more games later but I'd already left home and had a N64 at that stage.
    Banjo wrote: »
    I'm putting my faith in Smyths. And setting my alarm for 4am September 29th so I can launch a one-man DoS attack on Argos.ie trying to get a 2nd reservation...

You and half the forum! Will try and get one in case smyths fall through. Will be kris kindle if I get right brother if not I'll sell on at cost to one of the forum regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I just pre-ordered from Nintendo UK. Might I actually get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

Pre-ordered today in Gamestop.. (I had to go into the shop) cost 50.01 euro.. Star Fox 2 amazing.. can't wait to play it all on a 50 inch TV.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Pre-order now sold out in Smyths.
    Don't know why people are panicking about Smyth's not honoring the pre-order, they did (eventually) for the NES, if they could do it for that sithstorm they will do for this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

yup you go in with your email, they get your reserved item, they charge your card.

There's more stock for collect in-store as it drives traffic. You're more likely to impulse buy in the store than you are online.

The people that do the research haven't seen my eBay account ..........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Defo a pity none of super tennis, ISS(the original!) or NBA Jam made it.

If any ISS should have made the collection it should have been ISS Deluxe.

So, imagining you worked for Nintendo's supply and logistics, how do you calculate the actual demand for this product knowing only the number of pre-orders made, what percentage of them did not require deposits, how many of them are tied to Scalper e-bay listings and then gauging the general level of panic in the target consumer-base?

Because, you know, you need a number to take a zero off so you can tell the the factory boys how many to actually make...

Doesn't matter to me, I'll pay the balance of €79 per system on Collection so makes no difference. Ill be paying the same as you or anyone else anyways.

Don't know why people are panicking about Smyth's not honoring the pre-order, they did (eventually) for the NES, if they could do it for that sithstorm they will do for this one

Friend went into Smyth's carrickmines and pre ordered at the till just now. Paid €10 deposit same as me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

All gone on Smyths click and collect except on the UK site where you can preorder for Northern Irish shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

all gone in gamestop until the second wave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

They didn't honor mine... Smyth's naas got **** all stock and likes of carrickmines got extra and sold to general public instead of selling to those that pre ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Smyths the dirty ******* have put their price up. I thought when the price went up on Nintendo's UK online store, £70 being roughly €80, if anything it should have come down. I'll be looking to switch my €85 pre-order to Amazon or whoever is cheapest if possible. I won't support ripping people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sligeach wrote: »
    Smyths the dirty ******* have put their price up. I thought when the price went up on Nintendo's UK online store, £70 being roughly €80, if anything it should have come down. I'll be looking to switch my €85 pre-order to Amazon or whoever is cheapest if possible. I won't support ripping people off.

your forgetting about our higher tax rate here

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Pre-order is available again with Smyths.

• Advertisement

Scalpers on eBay are jumping on this already.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142428072242

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm hoping that a British b0ll0x up of Brexit negotiations will make my SNES Mini even cheaper via Amazon.
    I'd have loved to have seen Pilotwings on this though.
    For those bemoaning the presence of Starfox, keep in mind this is going to run at US speed, and probably with minimal, if any, letterboxing, meaning it'll be much better.
    I've the US and PAL versions for my SNES and the difference is like night and day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've five preordered as I'm got getting shafted by zavvi again. Hope fully one of the
    retailers come through for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Missed the cutoff in Smyth's which was apparently 4:30 by 5 minutes I will physically punch the person that just told me it is blocked on their system now for ordering if they become magically available again tomorrow morning I hate morons in gameshops that won't listen to reason looking at you every single past present and future GameSlop employee. Jesus buying video games is giving me a psychotic breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Missed the cutoff in Smyth's which was apparently 4:30 by 5 minutes I will physically punch the person that just told me it is blocked on their system now for ordering if they become magically available again tomorrow morning I hate morons in gameshops that won't listen to reason looking at you every single past present and future GameSlop employee. Jesus buying video games is giving me a psychotic breakdown.

what...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

superman28 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered today in Gamestop.. (I had to go into the shop) cost 50.01 euro.. Star Fox 2 amazing.. can't wait to play it all on a 50 inch TV.. :)

Got one in store as well. Have Smyths order as well. The 2nd one will be a Christmas gift, before anyone thinks I am some kind of evil scalper :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LP64

Got 2 on preorder in smyth store collecti. Whohoooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

Just checked smyths site, they seem to be more again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Did anyone that ordered direct from Nintendo get a confirm email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If any ISS should have made the collection it should have been ISS Deluxe.

Deluxe was better but I put so many hours into the original that for greedy reasons I'd have loved that. Can still hear that band playing in the crowd :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

Quick question, never pre-ordered before. I will be away on launch date so can anyone else collect from Smyths? I know some shops require a ID or Card that it was paid with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Just got a pre-order on Smyths! Oh yeah! :cool:

dan786 wrote: »
    Quick question, never pre-ordered before. I will be away on launch date so can anyone else collect from Smyths? I know some shops require a ID or Card that it was paid with.

I think all you need is the confirmation email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody got a link for this on Amazon? No matter what search terms I put it, I cannot find it ha.

Nevermind, I found it.

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody got a link for this on Amazon? No matter what search terms I put it, I cannot find it ha.

Try smyths again
    They had more up

Try smyths again
    They had more up

Ah I already pre-ordered it yesterday in Smyths, just want to see the amazon listing.

I clicked "search this thread" and typed in Amazon.

I clicked "search this thread" and typed in Amazon.

No such option on mobile version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Benzino wrote: »
    No such option on mobile version.

This might work for you...

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057731158&query=amazon

Also in the footer of the website I think you can select "Full site" or something similar

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    This might work for you...

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057731158&query=amazon

Also in the footer of the website I think you can select "Full site" or something similar

Thanks!

Advertisement