Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended replacement Lens for Canon 400D SLR

• 19-04-2017 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I have this camera and I'm looking for advice on trying to improve image quality. It's mostly portrait shots and I use automatic mode. I have the basic Canon 18-55mm lens which came with it. Would a different lens make a difference and if so which one. I was advised in a shop abroad to buy a canon 18-55mm image stabilising macro (ISM) which would give better quality pictures and was €120. Would really appreciate any advice as I am not an expert. Thks Ray

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What is wrong with the image quality?

Could it be your camera settings?

Might be useful to learn more how to use the camera, and move away from auto. Learn how to use Aperture Priority or even Manual.

For lenses, you could buy a top notch lens like the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 II L lens or 85mm f/1.2 L lens and still produce poor quality images, if you don't know how to get the best out of your camera.

Try posting up some images here, with camera settings, and people may be able to help more, rather than throwing money at it and not improving anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thebrawler

Thanks PaulW. Broke front glass of lens so need to either get its fixed or buy a new one. Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cork Photographer

Invest in the bog standard 50mm 1.8, let loose the creativity.

Advertisement