Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband DSL - FIBRE issues

Options
  • 19-04-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am writing again as I'm extremely concerned and starting to get pretty unhappy with the numerous problems I'm experiecing.

I am a new customer; I signed up to Eir just under two weeks ago for broadband. The property in which I live was showing only speeds of up to 5mb (DSL) available to me even though every other property on my street has fibre. This seemed strange. 

When the technician came to install my DSL broadband, he had a look and confirmed that:

- Fibre is/should be enabled to my house, 
    - We're connected to a fibre cabinet with plenty of space
    - Line can handle it no problem etc.

He stated that there may have been an error on Eir's database and so he would update this via his office. He did so and now when I check online for my address, it does indeed show that fibre is enabled! 

He informed me to contact Eir to upgrade once my services went live. This is where the fun starts!

- I contacted Eir via the web-chat option; they told me that they couldn't do it because my service shows as inactive, even though it's active. 

- I then contacted Eir Sales, they told me they were unable to do it for a few days and to ring back another time.

- I contacted Eir Sales again and they put me through to the loyalty team, the loyalty team now tell me that my line is showing that it can't hold ANY broadband even though we've had our broadband installed!!!

- I rechecked with Eir's website which shows that fibre is available at my address and I also checked with other providers and they confirmed the same!

This is getting ridiculous, if i'm honest. I explained to Leanne on this forum (who was GREAT!) that i need this urgently for my work. I work from home and so this is of the utmost important to me. 

Can I please ask you to contact me so I can PM you my details. I must reiterate that all I want to do is simply upgrade my current DSL package (which was all that was made available to me when i joined) to the fibre broadband which is enabled at my home. 

I am seriously considering cancelling my contract as it is within the 14 days because nobody is trying to help me resolve these issues and instead give me conflicting information constantly. 

As I said, I had a great experience with you reps on this forum and that's why i'm reaching out to you.

Many, many thanks.

I've also attached an image!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

Please reply; I realise you're busy but not sure if my post slipped through as others posting later received a respknse.

I did also write to Leanne on pM with whom I'd spoken with previously.

I just need this resolved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Have you any extra phone sockets in house?
    Is the phone line coming overhead? If so is it flat wire or round wire?
    You'll know flat wire as it tends to show a thicker thinner outline

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Have you any extra phone sockets in house?
    Is the phone line coming overhead? If so is it flat wire or round wire?
    You'll know flat wire as it tends to show a thicker thinner outline
    Hi! So, i'm not very good with all this jazz but we have multiple sockets in the house however only the main one at the front door works for broadband. The others work for phone however. 

I'm not in the house at the moment so can't check on the other points. Sorry for the pretty 'useless' response :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi AnSliabhCorcra,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name please and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi there,

I am writing again as I'm extremely concerned and starting to get pretty unhappy with the numerous problems I'm experiecing.

I am a new customer; I signed up to Eir just under two weeks ago for broadband. The property in which I live was showing only speeds of up to 5mb (DSL) available to me even though every other property on my street has fibre. This seemed strange. 

When the technician came to install my DSL broadband, he had a look and confirmed that:

- Fibre is/should be enabled to my house, 
    - We're connected to a fibre cabinet with plenty of space
    - Line can handle it no problem etc.

He stated that there may have been an error on Eir's database and so he would update this via his office. He did so and now when I check online for my address, it does indeed show that fibre is enabled! 

He informed me to contact Eir to upgrade once my services went live. This is where the fun starts!

- I contacted Eir via the web-chat option; they told me that they couldn't do it because my service shows as inactive, even though it's active. 

- I then contacted Eir Sales, they told me they were unable to do it for a few days and to ring back another time.

- I contacted Eir Sales again and they put me through to the loyalty team, the loyalty team now tell me that my line is showing that it can't hold ANY broadband even though we've had our broadband installed!!!

- I rechecked with Eir's website which shows that fibre is available at my address and I also checked with other providers and they confirmed the same!

This is getting ridiculous, if i'm honest. I explained to Leanne on this forum (who was GREAT!) that i need this urgently for my work. I work from home and so this is of the utmost important to me. 

Can I please ask you to contact me so I can PM you my details. I must reiterate that all I want to do is simply upgrade my current DSL package (which was all that was made available to me when i joined) to the fibre broadband which is enabled at my home. 

I am seriously considering cancelling my contract as it is within the 14 days because nobody is trying to help me resolve these issues and instead give me conflicting information constantly. 

As I said, I had a great experience with you reps on this forum and that's why i'm reaching out to you.

Many, many thanks.

I've also attached an image!
    Hi AnSliabhCorcra,

I have responded back to your DM.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement