If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for 49-50" 4k tv

Options
  • 19-04-2017 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a 49/50" 4k tv. I have an lg at the moment. Its old as the hills. I'm unsure about the smart features. 

I've seen that the vary in price quite a bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a 49/50" 4k tv. I have an lg at the moment. Its old as the hills. I'm unsure about the smart features. 

I've seen that the vary in price quite a bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi shadowman.ie,

There is a good bit of variation in the TVs at that price depending on what you're looking for. At the moment it is very hard to find a TV above 40" which is not 4K compatible or smart so anything I would recommend would be purely based on picture quality. A very good bargain at the moment would be the Panasonic TX50DX700 at £579. This is a great price for a 4K HDR television with a very natural panel and a high motion rate (1400 Hz). There is a TX49DX600 available at £479 however what you are getting with the DX700 is a broader colour spectrum meaning better contrast and black levels and a screen that deals with fast motion very well. For the price I think this is one of the better 50" TVs I've seen.

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201898-viera-tx50dx700b.aspx

Let me know what you think.

David

• Registered Users Posts: 45 shadowman.ie

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you offer any thoughts on which you'd pick. I was looking at the samsung UE49KU6400 compared to the panasonic. The reason this one caught my eye is that is has freesat hd tuner built in which while not critical would be a nice feature. Is the picture quality much better on the panasonic?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you offer any thoughts on which you'd pick. I was looking at the samsung UE49KU6400 compared to the panasonic. The reason this one caught my eye is that is has freesat hd tuner built in which while not critical would be a nice feature. Is the picture quality much better on the panasonic?
    Hey Shadowman.ie.

For me the extra would be worth it due to the better picture quality on the Panasonic.

The 6400 does have both freeview and freesat but only one can be tuned at a time. It freeview is tuned and you want to switch to freesat you need to do a full retune of the set and then vice versa from freesat to freeview.
    This is because it only has one tuner onboard.

In saying all that the Samsung is still a very good and very popular television.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.