Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Installation

Options
  • 19-04-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi,

I have finally (fingers crosses) successfully placed my oder for high speed fibre, phone and TV with an installation date for next week.

I want to know whats involved with the instal before the engineer comes so that i have an idea what/where he's going to be drilling. will wires have to be dragged across rooms etc?

My landline has never been connected but my house is wired with the socket for the phone connection.

also if i wanted to add multi room (this will be after my cooling off period incase i'm not happy with the service) does an engineer have to call out for this and would di be charged fro install if so?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

guideanna wrote: »
    Hi,

I have finally (fingers crosses) successfully placed my oder for high speed fibre, phone and TV with an installation date for next week.

I want to know whats involved with the instal before the engineer comes so that i have an idea what/where he's going to be drilling. will wires have to be dragged across rooms etc?

My landline has never been connected but my house is wired with the socket for the phone connection.

also if i wanted to add multi room (this will be after my cooling off period incase i'm not happy with the service) does an engineer have to call out for this and would di be charged fro install if so?

Thanks
    Hi guideanna, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. 

Can you please clarify for me if this is for FTTH (fibre to the home) or FTTC (fibre to the cabinet). 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi guideanna, 

Can you please clarify for me if this is for FTTH (fibre to the home) or FTTC (fibre to the cabinet). 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 
    i'm not sure? whats the difference?

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi guideanna, 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 
    i'm not sure? whats the difference?
    how do i check? i have my confirmation email and ac number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

If you could please PM me your account number I will check this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Second order just been cancelled because Eir entered the incorrect information on my address AGAIN!

Seriously lads, whats going on in that place…i'm looking now at trying to place a third order…the sales guy placed my first order on 22nd of March, that's over a month ago and i still haven't got as far as getting the hardware delivered let alone an engineer call to me…surely if i give my eircode and my correct address which matches my eircode this should not be happening!!

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I'm afraid the eircode you have given matches the address just showing Newross. 

To get this amended you will need to contact our customer care team on 1901 and they should be able to assist you with this as they need to request a change on the system.

-Anna

Don't live anywhere near New Ross anna so your system is incorrect.

I've contacted customer care more times than i can count at this stage. This is the second order thats been cancelled because of this issue. I was assured last time that the problem had been corrected and all would go smoothly for me this time!!!

My eircode matches my address…not in Newross. I have triple checked this. 
    When i enter this to the eircode website it points exactly to my house. i've never lived in or near NewRoss.

I cannot believe this is still carrying on since the end of March and i still haven't been able to get someone out to even attempt to connect me….what does a person have to do!

If you order the services through the eircode provided, on our system it shows Newross. 

I understand that this is not where you live, however, this is registered on our system and your order will still go through correctly.

-Anna

What order…Eir cancelled my order!
    I don't have an Ard key number (landline has never been connected in the house) so i have to use my eircode when ordering. What else am i supposed to do?
    Can you not correct your system?

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you guideanna.

Our customer care team should be able to get this amended and I will look into this now and see if it is possible to amend on our side.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Advertisement

thank you, please keep me updated!

I will of course.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement