Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore, Olympia Theatre, June 15th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

There are still tickets left for their Belfast concert which is in a better venue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

xpletiv wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that it was totally sold out at 9.01, which it seemed to be. Has to be bots buying... only thing i can think of that actually makes sense.

There were tickets on the app after 9 but the website seemed to have none.

Peter File wrote: »
    A band that could fill the olympia each night for a week was always going to be an instant sell out. Tickets were also apart from the circle tickets very reasonable. I was surprised that it wasn't a ticketless concert

For the London ,Manchester and Bristol gigs ,the lead buyer of the tickets has to show ID .
    For Dublin and Belfast there are no restrictions and a ludicrous ticket limit of 8 !
    Should be credit card entry like Kasabian and a limit of 2 tickets ,especially as the gig is only 6 weeks away .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lljk.kennedy

Just got a text and email from Ticketmaster, you'll need to bring photo ID to the Olympia now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I can't imagine those who have already bought from third parties will be too pleased. This really should have been announced before sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

A bit late in the day. They let people buy 8 tickets without restriction and then a week later they change the admission rules after sending people to their own tout website and making commission from both buyers and sellers of tickets!!
    They say they guarantee entry on their tout site.This will be interesting

I'm all for anti touting measures but you can't change the terms and conditions a week after the onsale ,its ridiculous.
    What about all the people who bought tickets for their kids or as gifts ,they will now have to attend the concert according to the new terms.
    There's been a change to the terms and conditions...

"The original named purchaser of the ticket(s) must be in attendance and photo ID checks will be made on entry to the venue. If the ID does not match the name on the ticket, you will be refused entry.

If you booked more than one ticket your guest(s) must arrive at the same time as you."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya changing terms and conditions is a breach of contract so if it's now become problematic for people those would be entitled to refunds even if they don't advertise such.

Ya changing terms and conditions is a breach of contract so if it's now become problematic for people those would be entitled to refunds even if they don't advertise such.

Yeah it says in the email
    If the new terms and conditions mean you can no longer attend, or if you have any questions for us, then please contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Just got tickets from Seatwave. Yep it really stuck in my craw to see the credit card payment going out for a restricted view seat but it's my 10 year old's first ever gig and she's not choosing to go to some auto-tuned karaoke pop band so the pro's definitely outweigh the cons!

• Advertisement

DrWu wrote: »
    Just got tickets from Seatwave. Yep it really stuck in my craw to see the credit card payment going out for a restricted view seat but it's my 10 year old's first ever gig and she's not choosing to go to some auto-tuned karaoke pop band so the pro's definitely outweigh the cons!

Hardly her choice to support n buy tickets on Seatwave :o

Have tix to Albert hall gig but they're certainly a pop band.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if they actually enforce this.
    I've never seen TM change terms after they went on sale before. I wonder was it the band that requested it late on?
    A bit pointless adding an anti-tout measure after they have sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Raging I missed out on this, hoping some standing ticket becomes available closer to the gig. Absolutely love Paramore..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

DC10555 wrote: »
    Raging I missed out on this, hoping some standing ticket becomes available closer to the gig. Absolutely love Paramore..

TIcjets still there for Belfast if it's any use?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Any stage times out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

wacotaco wrote: »
    Any stage times out yet?

Doors 7
    Bleached 8
    Paramore 9

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

People have being queing since last night. Walked passed a few kids outside the Olympia when grabbing a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Actually can't wait for this, last concert with them was back in 2009 when they wore Irish Jerseys on stage :)

People have being queing since last night. Walked passed a few kids outside the Olympia when grabbing a taxi

When I was flying out this morning remembered they were playing Dub tonight when I saw a late teens girl wearing a Paramore top with what I assume was her bf at airport and politely asked them I assume ye're heading to the gig lads and got absolutely blanked awkward :( bleedin emos!!

I've never seen TM change terms after they went on sale before. I wonder was it the band that requested it late on?
    A bit pointless adding an anti-tout measure after they have sold out.

There were no ID checks last night ,it was all just scaremongering.
    Quite annoying that they would change the terms and conditions and then not bother to check for ID.
    I had bought tickets for my niece and even yesterday the Olympia were giving lies on the phone that I would need to be present.
    The touts were standing right outside the front door too ,chatting with security,what a complete piss take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Indeed there was no ID checks yesterday, wasn't even searched when i came in just showed the tickets and you're in. That aside, gig was very intimate i prefer smaller venues like that where you can interact with the band <3 Hope everyone enjoyed the concert ;)

5star02707 wrote: »
    Indeed there was no ID checks yesterday, wasn't even searched when i came in just showed the tickets and you're in. That aside, gig was very intimate i prefer smaller venues like that where you can interact with the band <3 Hope everyone enjoyed the concert ;)

Very intimate gig allright .
    Short enough though at 85 minutes I thought,could have done with an extra 15-20 minutes.
    Sound wasnt the best and there seemed to be a fair bit of lip syncing going on for some of the faster songs.
    Good gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Really enjoyed the gig (my daughter's first gig). The sound was poor but that's always been the case for louder bands in the Olympia. It's one thing we miss in Dublin IMO - a good venue with the right acoustics for mid sized gigs. Vicar Street is good for one man gigs or small or acoustic bands, and Button Factory is just too small. On the plus side - they really are a class act - Taylor and Zac are great musicians and the bond with their fans really is something special. They also played a song from Zac's other band Halfnoise. I came home and checked their stuff out and it is really impressive stuff.

Advertisement