Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room in your Boat for More?Want to flyfish again

Options
  • 19-04-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,
    After 10 years of not fishing Im getting back in to it.
    I would love if someone was willing to bring me along with them to any of the trout and salmon lakes.I used to do a lot of flyfishing on the Western lakes but haven't been out due to disc and shoulder problems.

Im off to college to study environmental science in September so trying to get as much fishing in as I can.Im decent company,will split petrol/food and I have a car so will travel anywhere from Kerry to Donegal.

Thanks for looking,
    Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I'll have a boat down on the corrib week of 8th May if you want to come out for a day or two. PM me closer the time if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mechanical aid

Thats very good of you,would love to come down.Will be in touch at the start of the month.Cheers,Adrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mechanical aid

Viper123 is being a gent and is bringing me fishing next week.Is there anyone else on any of the lakes that would have a spare seat?Mayfly time almost and Im itching to get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Why don't you just hire a small boat or get a guide to bring you out? There reasonable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Just a note, If your going on a big lough like Corrib, A Guide would be best not just for the fishing for safety, Them lakes are dangerous if you dont know where you're going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Just a note, If your going on a big lough like Corrib, A Guide would be best not just for the fishing for safety, Them lakes are dangerous if you dont know where you're going!

That goes for sheelin as well most of the markers are gone around church island some of the barrs are lying at a angle to the water and would rip trough a boat ,from bogbay to saliors garden 80% of the markers are gone 3 boats that i know of had their engines wrecked last year some of the anglers took it among themselvs to put 5 gallon drums on some of the rocks but most of them are not marked so mind yourself if going out alone and you dont know the lake.

Advertisement