Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Closure Form

• 19-04-2017 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I filled in the online account closure form on the Bank of Ireand website last week to close a current account.

How do I find out if the account has been closed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Carrick1974, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us  and I'm sorry to hear of your recent closure request. 

Once your request is processed you will be sent a closing statement showing your final transactions on the account. The statement will be posted to the address on file for you. If your request is still in process you'll still have access to online banking. If you need to you can download or print estatements that you may require in the future. Once your account closes you'll no longer be able to access these. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Carrick1974

Good Afternoon Carrick1974, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us  and I'm sorry to hear of your recent closure request. 

Once your request is processed you will be sent a closing statement showing your final transactions on the account. The statement will be posted to the address on file for you. If your request is still in process you'll still have access to online banking. If you need to you can download or print estatements that you may require in the future. Once your account closes you'll no longer be able to access these. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Elaine 

Thanks Elaine, I'm only closing this account as I plan on opening a joint account and don't need two. Appreciate the quick response.

Thanks Elaine, I'm only closing this account as I plan on opening a joint account and don't need two. Appreciate the quick response.

Hi Elaine,

I haven't received any response as yet, to let me know the Account was closed. Can I contact branch directly to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Elaine,

I haven't received any response as yet, to let me know the Account was closed. Can I contact branch directly to find out.
    Hi Carrick1974, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes you can contact your Branch directly to enquire about the account closure. Please find the branch contact details here. Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 or +35314044000 and an advisor can check this for you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Elaine,

Hi Carrick1974, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes you can contact your Branch directly to enquire about the account closure. Please find the branch contact details here. Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 or +35314044000 and an advisor can check this for you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Elaine,

Hi Carrick1974, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah.
    You're very welcome. 

Sarah

Advertisement