Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend carbon blocks for carbon ...

Options
  • 19-04-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

As per title what are your recommended brake pads/blocks for carbon wheels ?
    I'm new to full carbon and am using yellow Swiss top atm just want to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Swisstop yellow are up there with the best, although ive found BBB ones excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Campagnolo red (which are also available in shimano fitment) are also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Campagnolo red (which are also available in shimano fitment) are also excellent.

Yep - agree with that. Find them excellent on Campag carbon rims. Braking as good as alloy rims in the dry.

I also found the blue Reynolds cryo pads to be very good (although they are about €50 for a set of four).

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

I'd also suggest checking whatever blocks you are thinking of getting are approved by your wheel manufacturer for warranty purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone used those wiggle Lifeline pads? I need pads but cheap.

• Advertisement

I can't remember exactly but I think the lifeline blue pads are actually Reynolds pads and are supposedly very good.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-performance-carbon-road-brake-inserts-pack-of-4/

Think they're Ashima?

Think they're Ashima?

No...apparently they're the same as the Reynolds Cryo. it's been discussed over on bikeradar forum numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

There are other places to make savings... don't make it with your brakes, please.

dancrowley wrote: »
    There are other places to make savings... don't make it with your brakes, please.

Spare me.

• Advertisement

No...apparently they're the same as the Reynolds Cryo. it's been discussed over on bikeradar forum numerous times.

Ok. Thanks. Thought Bike Radar said they were Ashima. Appreciate it.

Advertisement