Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, has anyone ever heard of anyone buying back their house after bankruptcy.

• 19-04-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone ever heard of anyone buying back their house after bankruptcy. I fell into mortgage arrears in 2010. After lots of negotiations with the bank and trying to sell the house I surrendered it at the banks suggestion. I moved to the UK and declared bankruptcy. I have beed discharged since early 2014. I am now back living in Ireland and livning in the house owned by my husband. The house I owned is on my familys land and is still sitting idle. Was up for auction in 2013 & 2014 but didn't sell. Was up for sale with auctioneer until it was delisted mid 2016. I thought it must be sold when it was delisted, but as yet no one has been in it so I assume its still not sold. Also I got the land registry information and my name is still on it and no new names added. The issue now is that a lot of "undesirables" are hanging around it, putting animals in around the house and which are then going onto my parents land. Its frustrating for them and I feel terrible. My husband suggested that he could sell his house and buy my old house if the bank were willing to sell it to us. There would most likely be enough equity in his house to buy it as a cash buyer. The house has been idle now for 6 years so I am aware it will need work. I don't want to approach the bank if its going to start up loads of issues. I got a third party to contact the bank saying they were interested in the house but they just replied that they don't give information about property to anyone but the account holder. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Was there an Estate Agent involved when it went up for auction? Check the propertypriceregister.ie to see if it is listed as sold last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Was there an Estate Agent involved when it went up for auction? Check the propertypriceregister.ie to see if it is listed as sold last year.
    Hi, no I can't see if it was sold, I already tried that avenue. Thanks for the advice tho

Advertisement