Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU On-Campus Accomodation

Options
  • 19-04-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    I'm an EU student planning to do my Masters degree at DCU starting in September. 
    I have read that the housing market in Dublin is pretty tense so I have applied for on-campus accommodation. Apparently rooms are allocated on a lottery basis and I haven't found any information on how the actual chances are of being offered a room. Do you have any experience of how likely it is to get an offer?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Most people here are probably from Ireland so they may have slightly limited experience of on-campus at DCU. It's very competitive but I know for a fact that overseas students are prioritized in the lottery because of the €€€ they bring in - so you definitely have a chance! Just try and have a backup in case you don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blurryface

Your chances of getting it might be even better this year as I have heard around campus that for next year, first year post-graduates (such as yourself) are being given priority for the post-grad campus accommodation (over students going into their second year of post-grad studies).

The offers for the undergraduate accommodation (Hampstead, Larkfield and College Park) were released earlier this week but I am not sure what the process or timeline is for the post-grad residences- I would assume the offers go out later in the year as most people doing Masters next year would still be finishing off their undergraduate degrees at the moment. If you send an email to the Campus Residences company that run the accommodation they should be able to give you an idea of when you will know.

Advertisement