Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared access Workshop Cork

Options
  • 19-04-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I've seen at various times on the forum people have been looking for access to machinery woodworking lessons etc. so wanted to share a project I'm involved in as I'm sure many of you will be interested.

I'm a furniture maker myself who understands how hard it can be to get started for want of access to machinery so its a project I'm passionate about.

We are currently in the final stages of opening a shared access workshop, Benchspace Cork, in the Marina Commercial Park, Cork City. It will operate on a not for profit basis to provide affordable access to industry standard machinery and space for full-time and part-time woodworkers as well as offering evening and weekend courses.

We'd like to hear from woodworkers who might engage with the space and are now accepting applications for members. If you have any feedback or questions I'd be happy to respond to them here.

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Nice idea. best of luck with it.

Can you explain the application process for members, fee structure etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SeanBreen

Hi Hesker,

Thanks a million. It's great to be able to provide machinery and space for designer makers.

For full-time makers hoping to start a woodwork business from Benchspace there is a submission of previous work, business aspirations and experience through our website Not too sure if it's okay to discuss fees etc here. So Moderators please feel free to comment if inappropriate. It is €350 a month including all bills and utilities.

For part-time makers only an induction is required. Part-time access is €40 for an 8 hour day.

Advertisement