Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on garden furniture

Options
  • 19-04-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi I have a hardwood garden table and chairs which I have revamped over the years.
    I think they are on their last legs really as the wood is getting soft and brittle. I am considering painting it a colour but I am not sure if it worth the cost or effort.
    I am looking in Woodies and home store at what they have. Is it a case that no mater what with our weather they only look good for a few years so that it is best to spend 150 to 200 euro .
    I will need to be able to store them in the winter so stacking chairs and a folding table would be best.
    What about the rattan type ?? They look nice but will I still only get 3 to 4 years.
    I think the most I will spend is 350 max.
    If I buy the 150 set in woddies will I get the same time span out of them ??
    Any advice Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Solid wood furniture if given proper attention each year will last 10 to 15 years or more.

Attention would include covered and dry winter storage, and re-staining with protective stain each year and oiling any metal joints/hinges.

My parents have a solid wood set that's 10 years old and looks about a year or two old because the above is done each year without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Concrete furniture ready painted
    Have a look at abbey precast for examples.
    I have some in windy location. no need to tie down/ cover etc

Advertisement