Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to teaching or ?

Options
  • 19-04-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, I have not been in the classroom for a few years(since 2014) due to serious illness which I have now thankfully recovered from.I would like to get back to work but am also considering a career change(have a few things in mind) but still unsure.Where would I find out more about the new jc science any courses on it etc?Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

JCT would be the main site. Next step would be to get sorted with the teaching council. Get vetted with them. Where you registered with them previously ?did you get your qualifications in Ireland? Science hasn't the worst prospects jobwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2017girl

JCT would be the main site. Next step would be to get sorted with the teaching council. Get vetted with them. Where you registered with them previously ?did you get your qualifications in Ireland? Science hasn't the worst prospects jobwise.

Thank you.Yes I have kept my registration up the whole time and yes got qualificatons in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

That's half the battle so. I'd say go for interviews and see how you get on:)

Maybe you are right.I sort of feel like I have lost my confidence I guess and would be nervous at the thought of standing infront of a class and very nervous about interviews but maybe I should just apply for a few things and just see what happens.There's going to be a big blank in the CV though since it stops in 2014 but I guess I could just explain if I was ever asked or in the cover letter.It's amazing how one's hopes and dreams crystallize in the midst of adversity when literally everything has been taken away I just want to help people whatever I do really☺and I am glad I have a future now that not so long ago i thought I wouldnt have.I know I'm a good teacher and I have a 1.1 degree and 1.1 in t.p. right the way up.I should try not to be so nervous anymore after all what I have been through I shouldnt be scared of anything anymore☺.I could always start with some grinds too and maybe do and learn other things too,there's just so much I want to do.Thanks so much for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

2017girl wrote: »
    Maybe you are right.I sort of feel like I have lost my confidence I guess and would be nervous at the thought of standing infront of a class and very nervous about interviews but maybe I should just apply for a few things and just see what happens.There's going to be a big blank in the CV though since it stops in 2014 but I guess I could just explain if I was ever asked or in the cover letter.It's amazing how one's hopes and dreams crystallize in the midst of adversity when literally everything has been taken away I just want to help people whatever I do really☺and I am glad I have a future now that not so long ago i thought I wouldnt have.I know I'm a good teacher and I have a 1.1 degree and 1.1 in t.p. right the way up.I should try not to be so nervous anymore after all what I have been through I shouldnt be scared of anything anymore☺.I could always start with some grinds too and maybe do and learn other things too,there's just so much I want to do.Thanks so much for your help.

You may not have heard about subteacher.ie - register for this and put up your cv for subbing - you can get a feel for standing in front of a class is like again - although being a sub is difficult but if you don't feel right you're not letting anyone down - move onto the next school. Drop in your CV to the schools where you want to work - who knows what could happen? Maybe there is a retirement coming up.... Best of luck with everything. I know it will be difficult to get back into it but after a few days - you'll be flying it again.

• Advertisement

2017girl wrote: »

You may not have heard about subteacher.ie - register for this and put up your cv for subbing - you can get a feel for standing in front of a class is like again - although being a sub is difficult but if you don't feel right you're not letting anyone down - move onto the next school. Drop in your CV to the schools where you want to work - who knows what could happen? Maybe there is a retirement coming up.... Best of luck with everything. I know it will be difficult to get back into it but after a few days - you'll be flying it again.
    Thanks very much for this and yes hopefully I'll be flying it again soon☺

Advertisement