Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest aware

Options
  • 19-04-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Folks does anyone with a nest cam/outdoor cam subscribe to nest aware service? I bought the nest cam about a month ago and tested it outside before installation. Actually installed it this weekend and everything works perfectly but my nest aware subscription basically ran out the day after I installed. Unbeknown to me the nest aware subscription started the moment I added the camera to my account.

I had read somewhere that deleting the camera and adding it again could give me another 30 day trial of nest aware but it doesn't work for me. Nest themselves even told me to try this when I queried it.

Anyone pay for nest aware? Any tricks to get another trial as I only got 1 day with mine?

Thanks

Jones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes I pay for Nest aware but I got a 30 day trial, a 1 day trial doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Also pay for the 10 day service. Waited until I was ready to install before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Yes I pay for Nest aware but I got a 30 day trial, a 1 day trial doesn't sound right.

Sorry what I meant is I turned on camera when I originally bought it 3.5 weeks before. I only physically installed it last weekend. The 30 day trial was running the whole time from when I added the camera to my account unbeknown to me

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jones wrote: »
    Sorry what I meant is I turned on camera when I originally bought it 3.5 weeks before. I only physically installed it last weekend. The 30 day trial was running the whole time from when I added the camera to my account unbeknown to me

That sounds about right for most trials for things like this. The item doesn't know that you installed it or not. Just that you turned it on. Sorry, I think it might just come down to lesson learned for you.

Installing the outside plug stalled the whole process

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jones wrote: »
    Installing the outside plug stalled the whole process

Yes, but software has no way to know that. Having said that, their support really should have a way to put an exception in place and give you an extra 30 days. But it sounds like their systems aren't very flexible!

I suspect you will just have to bite the bullet and buy one months subscription to try it out, €10. If you don't like it you can always cancel it.

Personally the relatively high cost of Nest Cam subscriptions and lack of functionality with a sub has kept me away from Nest Cam, despite how cool it otherwise seems to be. Instead I've a Canary and Logitech Circle camera which are still highly functional even without a sub.

Ended up getting the ten day. Cheers folks

Advertisement