Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 25: Redemption *Spoilers within*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Gilbert running in the restaurant bathroom may be one of the weirdest things I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

KJ wrote: »
    Gilbert running in the restaurant bathroom may be one of the weirdest things I've seen.

Yup, weird. I can't decide whether it was for the cameras/focussed on the comp (weight cut)/or he's just a complete fruit bowl - possibly a mix of all three. Anyway I thought he snook the first at the end and the second was even, he was always gonna lose a 3rd round so I feel a bit bad for the old dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

theteal wrote: »
    Anyway I thought he snook the first at the end and the second was even, he was always gonna lose a 3rd round so I feel a bit bad for the old dog.

Yeah, I would have gave him the nod 20-18 but as soon as it went to the 3rd round he was done as he was completely gassed.

Pretty emotional scene at the end with him retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, feel bad for him, he's a better fighter than a lot of the other guys but just too old. I've seen it from Lima before to hurt someone and not go for the kill. I know he was tired too but he's just missing that killer instinct I think. Great scrap from the lads.

Another week, another Cody freakout. I loved when TJ gave him the finger, like a kid standing up to a bully. Let's go Killashaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I'm a bit surprised most don't seem to like the "redemption" ("sob story") angle of this season.
    I love it, can't wait for each ep to arrive. The most cringe/sad story is Jesse Taylor's I think, and I hope he wins it all.
    (Although I think he was drinking in the last ep, on the party bus, and that jolted me somewhat, since its what cost him his first chance.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Really enjoying this series

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Krause vs. Nijem was a brilliant scrap, clearly the two best guys in the series, a shame one of them had to lose but that eye injury looks bad so Ramsey might get another chance yet. Can't believe I'd be saying this a few months ago but Toothless Tom has a great chance of making the FUT finale, but Lima's never been submitted so it's questionable if Tom's biggest weapon will do the job. All in all it's been a really good season, good fights and good personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

martyos121 wrote: »
    Krause vs. Nijem was a brilliant scrap, clearly the two best guys in the series, a shame one of them had to lose but that eye injury looks bad so Ramsey might get another chance yet. Can't believe I'd be saying this a few months ago but Toothless Tom has a great chance of making the FUT finale, but Lima's never been submitted so it's questionable if Tom's biggest weapon will do the job. All in all it's been a really good season, good fights and good personalities.

Ramsey is clearly the best fighter not in the semi's and gave the best account of himself as a quarter final loser but I cant help but feel like the makers of the show will screw him over if Krauses spot comes up for grabs and pass him over in favour of someone from Cody's team.

I really want one of those Killashaw tee-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I really want one of those Killashaw tee-shirts.

Was thinking the exact same earlier. Really hope when TJ eventually fights Cody, himself and Duane and co. go full White Goodman on him:

V07p6.gif

• Advertisement

How disrespectful were the two teams when Jessie and Hayder were weighing in? Embarrassing.

I went into this season quite liking Cody off the back of his win against Cruz and not really a fan of TJ at all after the whole "snake" narrative and they way things supposedly went down with Alpha Male and more specifically Urijah, but my perception has completely flipped now.

I know it is edited, but even with that taken into account there's no way Cody comes off well.

Cody's coaching is also horrific and he makes Rampage look like Greg Jackson. What we see of his sessions is basically him shouting "up, up, up" and "you threw it away" after fights. Even his picks at the start were brainless. TJ meanwhile appears to be an excellent coach, coming up with good strategies and sessions to implement same.

TJ has done his reputation a massive favour by doing TUF this season.

Enjoyed that episode, gas out of TJ to leave the snakes in the locker room and the face on Uriah! I wanted Tom to win so bad but he gets hit so much much. Lima put together some absolutely beautiful combos but again his lack of killer instinct was in full effect. So many times he has the chance to finish Tom as He was goosed and could barely get up from the failed takedowns, I was hoping Diego would just put him out of his misery.

That hug at the start of round 3 was lovely though :)

Krause is extremely annoying and looks like he is out of the fight next week.

Next week:
    What is Tim Elliott doing there causing **** :D

Tom and Lima two top, top guys. A shame one of them had to lose.

I expected nothing from Tom going into this but he made a nice bit of cash for himself and I think he got his redemption. It'd be great to see him get a slot on the Finale just so he could say he fought on a UFC event, but there's only one slot open for the TUF guys on that card and while realistically they should give it to the two semi-finalists, we all know they don't operate that way most of the time.

You'd have to imagine Krause is out given that they have spent so much time building the storyline up. Pretty pathetic that they are letting one of Cody's guys come back if he's out but they will be dying to have one Team Dillashaw vs one Team Garbrandt in the final. Ramsey is an utter cock but if was down to the best left, he would be back in.

I wanted Tom to win so bad

Same, I was screaming at the screen, lol. Alas, it wasn't to be.
    Lookin so forward to next week's ep.

Paully D wrote: »
    Ramsey is an utter cock but if was down to the best left, he would be back in.

I loved the line "I might have to come back out of retirement to fight him". Nijem deserved an awful slap there.

Paully D wrote: »

You'd have to imagine Krause is out given that they have spent so much time building the storyline up.
    I disagree. I think they accidentally gave it away when they showed Jesse Taylor preparing for the fight and he was in the recently decorated Team Cody locker room which he wouldn't be in if it wasn't two of Team Killashaw fighting each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Poor Tom. . .those leg kicks though :eek:

Just watched the semi-final and it was great. Won't spoiler just in case anyone's missed it yet but hurry cuz tomorrow is the FINAL :-) I loved this Season, lookin forward to what they cook up for next year.

Half those idiots should have been kicked straight out of the house. Pulling that **** the night before a fight just because Seth was raging Krause got cleared and he missed his chance.

As for the fight, James looked like he gassed really quick. Injuries from previous fight, messing the night before and then have Jesse try getting you to the canvas for 3 rounds must have been rough. Great finish by JT, really happy for him.

Also beaming Tom is getting a shot in the finale vs Krause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Tom has a mountain to climb. Especially with the fight being at WW.

I was hoping they'd give him a shot later on at LW. He's a popular guy with TUF fans and could have boosted prelim viewing figures.

I would absolutely love to see him do well.

• Advertisement

Half those idiots should have been kicked straight out of the house. Pulling that **** the night before a fight just because Seth was raging Krause got cleared and he missed his chance.

As for the fight, James looked like he gassed really quick. Injuries from previous fight, messing the night before and then have Jesse try getting you to the canvas for 3 rounds must have been rough. Great finish by JT, really happy for him.

Seth, Julian and that other dickhead Justin Edwards all came out of that looking like assholes. There should be an alcohol ban in the house because none of them can ever handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

KJ wrote: »
    Seth, Julian and that other dickhead Justin Edwards all came out of that looking like assholes. There should be an alcohol ban in the house because none of them can ever handle it.

Theyre probably encouraged to drink Budweiser by UFC.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Theyre probably encouraged to drink Budweiser by UFC.

Funnily enough they put stickers over all the labels on products except the box of Budweiser beside the pool so you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

John_D80 wrote: »
    Tom has a mountain to climb. Especially with the fight being at WW.

I was hoping they'd give him a shot later on at LW. He's a popular guy with TUF fans and could have boosted prelim viewing figures.

I would absolutely love to see him do well.

100% absolute waste, he should be fed absolute bums in order to keep him around, very likable guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Gray Maynard schooling this Japanese fella here.

Although he is not exactly Dusty Rhodes on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

It's a hard lesson learned for Ishihara in that fight. Maynard should have been looking to finish that fight though a little harder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

What a transition and finish.

Aw God. I think Joanna would murder her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

tinpib wrote: »
    Aw God. I think Joanna would murder her.

100% shes to small, nice finish there though!

Advertisement