Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Restaurant

Options
  • 19-04-2017 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a nice restaurant in or around the D12 / D14 / D16 areas which would be suitable to bring an elderly relative who is rather frail, she can walk with a stick but can't manage stairs so I need to be able to park near the entrance as well. Probably a tall order, but hope someone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

Hey there. Michael's in Mount Merrion is very nice and there are some spaces outside. Otherwise, what about Clonskeagh House or Farmhill Cafe (Goatstown)? Both have parking right outside the door.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Beaufield mews, Stillorgan, has parking very close to the entrance. Popular place too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks all, appreciate those suggestions. I'll keep these on a list as the lady likes regular outings and I can pass them on to others who will be taking her out as well, we're always wondering where to go next. Also, anything near D6 would be of interest too but I appreciate the parking is an issue there. Mt. Merrion might be off our beaten track though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

There's always the Overends restaurant in Airfield too... It's nice and airy. In D6, Ember in Milltown is nice (parking can be a problem though). For something more casual, Wilde and Green in Milltown might also be an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Howards Way, Churchtown. Plenty parking. I haven't been is a while, but it has always been very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Fifty50 in Templeogue Village another option

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

enda1 wrote: »
    Fifty50 in Templeogue Village another option

The stairs would be an issue, I don't think they have a lift. Guzto across the road from there is on the ground floor.

This is great, I will be checking them out asap. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

I have a similar complication. I would think Michaels in Mt Merrion too busy a spot to get near the door even for a drop off to go elsewhere for parking. You have the added complication of loo's that may be upstairs as is the case for Gotham South on Lower Kilmacud Road. Stillorgan Orchard has decent on the level access and own carpark and decent menu/dining area.

There will be a new restaurant in Stillorgan Shopping Centre on first floor but will have a lift. It is under construction at the moment.

There are several coffee shop type places but shortage of places that do a 'meal' at lunchtime.

Your knowledge is invaluable cobham, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Just up from Michael's in Mt Merrion is the Union Cafe (old Kielys Pub), it's all on the one level incl toilets and can drop off at door, plenty of parking also. They are open all day too so could go in between lunch and dinner when it would be a little quieter
    The Goat in Goatsowtn could work too, think there's a separate entrance at back with no steps but could be mistaken, loads of parking though, big menu and all on one level too

That's great thanks NutmegGirl. I've been doing up a list and I have driven around some of the places mentioned above checking them out. Will check the Union Cafe soon and I forgot all about The Goat! Its a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

How about The Orchard in Rathfarnham, plenty of parking, toilets on ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    Just up from Michael's in Mt Merrion is the Union Cafe (old Kielys Pub), it's all on the one level incl toilets and can drop off at door, plenty of parking also. They are open all day too so could go in between lunch and dinner when it would be a little quieter
    The Goat in Goatsowtn could work too, think there's a separate entrance at back with no steps but could be mistaken, loads of parking though, big menu and all on one level too

Pretty sure there are steps at the the back of the goat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The Eden House in Rathfarnham, just across the road from Marlay Pk, and near St Enda's.

They do a decent menu, very popular with OAP's for lunch, and reasonably priced too.

I appreciate all the suggestions, many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Peperina is nice - halfway between ranelagh and rathmines.

My local pub is the two sisters and the food is consistently good there...ample parking outside and no steps or stairs to negotiate. Floor staff are lovely as well.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Peperina is nice - halfway between ranelagh and rathmines.

My local pub is the two sisters and the food is consistently good there...ample parking outside and no steps or stairs to negotiate. Floor staff are lovely as well.

Never heard of Peperina. Just checked Google maps and there is no parking at the door (our main problem).

EDIT: Oh, just checked the menu - doubt it would be her cup of tea, only one or two things she would eat. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Fifty 50 in templeogue. I've been to its sister in ashbourne.3 courses for €16.
    You'd need to book well in advance.
    Food is really good!

Fifty 50 in templeogue. I've been to its sister in ashbourne.3 courses for €16.
    You'd need to book well in advance.
    Food is really good!

Thanks, already suggested, but from memory Templeogue doesn't give me the close parking to the door that I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Talbot Hotel (formerly Stillorgan Park Hotel) might be a bit out of your way but has parking right outside. Would also second the previous recommendation of Union cafe.

Advertisement