Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaper

Options
  • 20-04-2017 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I was chatting to a member of a very popular Irish dance band yesterday after one of their gigs picking their brain about their software of choice. They told me they use reaper and rate it very highly. I've no experience using it though but wouldn't mind giving it a go, partly because I can buy a licence for $60, and currently I'm using a cracked version of FL Studio cause the full licence is nearly a grand! What are peoples opinions on Reaper? Is there a steep learning curve? Is it good for sequencing? Is it easy to migrate to from FL Studio?

Cheers,
    Ross

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

its very good , very very flexible and stable .

to be honest your DAW software doesnt matter much as long as you are comfortable with it
    and it works with your hardware , and it meets your needs .

i have been buried away for over a year now just completing an album for my band all done on reaper.

you can use it for free for ages to try it out first , so id say go for it

i would use pro tools if i needed to be industry standard , i just dont at the moment reaper is more than a match for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There is a little bit of a learning curve used it for about 2 weeks. Took a while to figure out how to rewire and route but their forums really helped a lot. I use to use pro tools and going from that to reaper was okay but to be honest pro tools is easier to learn but reaper does have better performance. If you use VST's in FL you shouldn't have a problem getting used to reaper.

One piece of advice though forget everything you know from FL or any DAW for that matter and only use that knowledge when all else fails. I couldn't get my head around why reaper would do things differently from Pro Tools and it tripped me up from time to time.

Advertisement