Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jenny Greene & Orchestra

Options
  • 20-04-2017 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question - gig is on tomorrow night. Websites say that doors open at 7, and gig at 8. I can't get there until about 9. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a pre-mainshow event happening at 8, and then Jenny Greene at about 9/9.15. Or is it main gig on 8.

I was going to go, but probably will decide against it if I miss an hour of the main show.

I e-mailed Aikin Promotions, but didn't get anything back. If I can get a phone number later on the web, I'll call them. But just throwing it out there here to see if anyone knows. THanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Jenny tweeted that DJ MoK is on 7.30 to 8.30, and she starts at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Thanks for that. I took it that it was happening at 8, so booked another gig. I'll know for next time. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Shocking gig. Music from the Orchestra never felt loud enough., often drowned out by the backing track. Shame to see that a backing track had to be relied on for so much of the music.

Jenny Greene added absolutely nothing to the evening. Zero dance or party atmosphere to the night.

They need to go and view the Lush 20 Years of Dance Classics with the Ulster Orchestra to see how its properly done.

Large portions of the crowd felt very short changed with the 1 hour 10 minute set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The ads alone for the gig were puke inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Glad I didn’t head to this so. Would have cost €150 for self, other half and babysitter. For an 1 hour and 10 mins. If it started at 9, it ,must have been over at bout 10.15.

50 quid a ticket for that is a rip-off. I had heard such great things about this show – electric picnic etc.

Where did it go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Where did it go wrong.

it went wrong because they have flogged the dead horse too many times without actually adding anything new to the formula. Once again, RTE copy a good idea (Pete Tong, Ibiza Proms etc) and add nothing but hype.

Advertisement