Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football

Options
  • 20-04-2017 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if anyone is planning on acting on the requests to access the forum.

I applied nearly a week ago and I know it says it can take a week to process, can someone explain why it takes a week? Is there no way to speed this up...

I notice the rejections take place in record time :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There are quite a number of requests from 14 April that the mods need to work through. It is still less than a week, so please allow the mods time to review your request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

There are quite a number of requests from 14 April that the mods need to work through. It is still less than a week, so please allow the mods time to review your request.

There are three requests? Hardly a massive amount that would cause a 7 day delay. Also between the time of my post and the time of the request there was a 24 hour difference, so hardly a big deal.

There are more than enough moderators on this entire site, can someone not have a look to check it out or is it a requirement you need to know about football to check if a user can find to words. Absolutely bizarre. :confused:

I don't see why it's deemed acceptable to have a week wait at minimum with no interaction with the user, and then it's even encouraged that it could take longer than a week.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Soccer mods take it in turns, one month at a time, to monitor the access requests. I believe that Thanx 4 The Fish is looking after it this month, and for whatever reason he hasn't been online for a few days. I'm sure when he's back online he'll catch up.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP - I take it you have not read the thread entitled:
    "Soccer Requests Charter & Mechanism - Read this or you WILL NOT GET ACCESS TO SOCCER" ?

I appreciate that thread was started some time ago, and perhaps the current mods may look kindly on some posters who do not follow the procedure 100%. However I would expect any applicant to have read that thread in its entirety before starting an application (and certainly before making a complaint about their application)

Beasty wrote: »
    "Soccer Requests Charter & Mechanism - Read this or you WILL NOT GET ACCESS TO SOCCER" ?

I appreciate that thread was started some time ago, and perhaps the current mods may look kindly on some posters who do not follow the procedure 100%. However I would expect any applicant to have read that thread in its entirety before starting an application (and certainly before making a complaint about their application)

What are you talking about? I did read it. I have actually read it a few times and most of it is just common sense anyway.

I'm complaining about the time that it's taking to process the application, which I am perfectly right to do so. Waiting now 8 days to access it, have missed out now on 3/4 games that I would have liked to post on.

And if your referring to the fact that I am asking about why it's taking so long, then that is an absolute sham attempt by a moderator to shut me up.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »

I take it your referring to this?

Anyone who starts a Help Desk/Feedback/Dispute Thread about their access request, be it complaining about being rejected/complaining about how long it's taking/checking on the status of said request will receive an automatic 3 month ban from the Access Request Forum and by extension, the Soccer Forum.

So your telling me, that we as users of boards are not allow to highlight the fact it is taking over a week to process a simple request and if we try to complain about it then we are banned from there for 3 months.

Are the admins agreeing to this, you highlight a problem/complaint to boards.ie about how this is affecting the usability of the site and the thanks you get is a 3 month ban. That's ridiculous.

Can other mods not help out with this forum with helping the requests to speed things up a little?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement