Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An American in dublin

Options
  • 20-04-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I need some advice.I am about to buy a black and decker handheld vacum cleaner from Walmart.Will this appliance from America work here in Ireland.I know they're a different voltage to us but I'm not sure if it is just a simple job of purchasing an adapter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I need some advice.I am about to buy a black and decker handheld vacum cleaner from Walmart.Will this appliance from America work here in Ireland.I know they're a different voltage to us but I'm not sure if it is just a simple job of purchasing an adapter

If the vacuum is rated as 110-240v then yes it'll work and you'll just need a plug adapter. If it's 110v only, it'll be cheaper to buy something here as you'd need a transformer to convert 220v down to 110v and that will be bulky and costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the vacuum is rated as 110-240v then yes it'll work and you'll just need a plug adapter.

+1 technically correct but highly unlikely for a domestic appliance like a vacuum cleaner.

OP mentioned 'handheld' so it may involve a rechargeable battery in which case the charger might be multivoltage but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yes, if it runs from a DC battery all the time and all you are doing is charging ba battery then your issue is around the charger and what you have to do to get it working or replacing it.

Advertisement