Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty getting update on line installation

Options
  • 20-04-2017 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, I signed up with EIR about two months ago for phone/broadband and I’m still awaiting installation. I’ve had two engineers call to the house with different reasons for not completing the installation and the latest was that a new line would be required. This was due to be installed by this time of the month.

About 5 weeks ago I received a call from EIR informing me of this and stating that it was with the contractors. I was given a contact number (01 766 2963) that doesn’t seem to get me through to anyone. I tried calling a few numbers today and also the webchat but nobody seems to be able to give me an update on what’s going on.

Can anyone here check this out for me or at least provide me with an accurate phone number for someone that might be able to help. If the installation is not going to be completed at all I’d rather know as opposed to just waiting around.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi steve22,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

Thanks Anna - PM on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi steve22,

I will pass this feedback onto Anna for you.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 newbraces

Hi steve22,

Thanks,
    Leanne.
    Hi, I've been trying to return a call to this number also (01 766 2963) and I'm getting an automated message? What number should I call? I'm currently on hold on the 1800 number for the past 20 minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

newbraces wrote: »
    Hi steve22,

Thanks,
    Leanne.
    Hi, I've been trying to return a call to this number also (01 766 2963) and I'm getting an automated message? What number should I call? I'm currently on hold on the 1800 number for the past 20 minutes...
    Hi newbraces, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

This number is the number the agent's dial from however you will get an automated message from it when you ring back. The best number for this team is 1800 303 733, they will assist you there. 

Apologies for the delays you are experiencing in getting through, they can be busy at times. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement