Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have my €187.03 back please

Options
  • 20-04-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I had 2 policies due for renewal, I called looking for a quote for best option.(this was verified by Liberty listening to recorded phone call) Next thing on 3rd April my account debited by €187.03. Following several phone calls nice lady tells me to return disc & cert then they issue a refund. I tell her I got no cert, she says she will send me a declaration form which I have to sign before I get a cheque refund. that was on 14 April & I have not yet received that form.
    The Joke is that they can access my account for €187.03 because I had a direct debit last year however they cannot refund it directly to my account.
    So I'm out of pocket by €187.03 for the past 18 days and I have spent my time phoning Liberty (and we know how long that takes) with no results. If I did't pay my insurance instalment Liberty would be very swift to pull the insurance from me.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

EllaCorr wrote: »
    I had 2 policies due for renewal, I called looking for a quote for best option.(this was verified by Liberty listening to recorded phone call) Next thing on 3rd April my account debited by €187.03. Following several phone calls nice lady tells me to return disc & cert then they issue a refund. I tell her I got no cert, she says she will send me a declaration form which I have to sign before I get a cheque refund. that was on 14 April & I have not yet received that form.
    The Joke is that they can access my account for €187.03 because I had a direct debit last year however they cannot refund it directly to my account.
    So I'm out of pocket by €187.03 for the past 18 days and I have spent my time phoning Liberty (and we know how long that takes) with no results. If I did't pay my insurance instalment Liberty would be very swift to pull the insurance from me.
    Hi EllaCorr

Sorry to hear this. Can you message me with your policy number and I will look into this for you.

Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EllaCorr

Hi EllaCorr

Sorry to hear this. Can you message me with your policy number and I will look into this for you.

Regards 
    Seán
    Sean if you look at the post it says I called for a quote & did not take out insurance .i.e no cert /disc hence no policy number. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sean if you look at the post it says I called for a quote & did not take out insurance .i.e no cert /disc hence no policy number. 

Would you not send your last policy number, no? Your policy number doesn't change year on year with a renewal.

Hi EllaCorr

Regards 
    Seán
    Hi EllaCorr
    Can you message me with your car registration number or your name and date of birth and I should be able to locate your quote with those details.
    Seán

Hi EllaCorr

Regards 
    Seán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

They are looking for your reg and DOB. As Kersplat mentioned your previous policy number will suffice.

Received the 'Lost Certificate declaration form' today 24th (letter dated 18-04-2017).

How can I sign 'Lost Certificate declaration form' for a certificate of insurance that I did not receive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Why are you making this impossible. Send the rep here your details as requested. Like talking to a brick wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Contact your bank. They will refund the unauthorised DD. Tis the law you see.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Received the 'Lost Certificate declaration form' today 24th (letter dated 18-04-2017).

How can I sign 'Lost Certificate declaration form' for a certificate of insurance that I did not receive?
    If you haven't got it then it is lost. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

http://www.bpfi.ie/customer-assist/personal-customers/directdebit/

Point 7 under SEPA consumer rights..
    Request a refund for any SEPA Direct Debit within eight weeks from the date on which the SEPA Direct Debit was debited from their account. Within the eight week period their bank must refund on a ‘no-questions asked’ basis

Request a refund for any SEPA Direct Debit within eight weeks from the date on which the SEPA Direct Debit was debited from their account. Within the eight week period their bank must refund on a ‘no-questions asked’ basis
    Thank you so much for that very useful piece of information whoopsadoodles I shall contact my bank without delay....may the road rise to meet you !!

By the way did you ever think of becoming a moderator on this forum ? You would do a great job. 

Thank you so much for that very useful piece of information whoopsadoodles I shall contact my bank without delay....may the road rise to meet you !!

By the way did you ever think of becoming a moderator on this forum ? You would do a great job. 
    Hi EllaCorr

In order for us to check if a Certificate of Motor Insurance was sent to you we would need some more information from you such as your car reg, your name and date of birth or if there is a client reference or quote reference on the letter you received from us. If you PM me with this information we can look into this matter for you.

Regards

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Would this end up showing as a cancelled policy which would be an issue later?

Advertisement