Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Anderlecht. Thursday 20th 20:05

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

PHEW! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

No injury time?

Well united are favourites but they'll need to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jose applauding the Anderlecht fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

afroman deserves way more love from our fans....

awh yeaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Mourinho applauds the away section while some Belgian lad is being carried off for a night in the cells.

From another match tonight:
    Get the streams out, penos in Besiktas-Lyon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yesssss. Even wummery of the most typical manner can't detract from that.

While all the other passports are back in the drawer United keep marching on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What a team, what a performance! Oh I hear European giants knees creak in direct response to that utterly dominant, clinical, masterclass that was on display :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well thank **** that's over. So much tighter than it should be.

One of these days we might actually take our chances and win a match comfortably.

• Advertisement

What a tough finish

Flashford redemption

Lost some players tonight with injury and the extra strain may cause some issues against City due to fatigue

That shocking statistic of us failing to convert is still a huge concern

Credit to Anderlecht they really gave it a real go

Billy86 wrote: »
    From another match tonight:
    Get the streams out, penos in Besiktas-Lyon!

It's on bT sports 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

More fixture congestion for our top four rivals, not the result I was hoping for but I'll take it.

Well done lads, and hopefully Ibra makes a swift recovery.

martyos121 wrote: »
    More fixture congestion for our top four rivals, not the result I was hoping for but I'll take it.

Well done lads, and hopefully Ibra makes a swift recovery.

Injuries and fatigue as I mentioned will be an issue but still we march on

Season will continue to be fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

I am a nervous wreck after that. God bless Marcus Rashford

Peter Kenyon off to Monaco for the draw tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well at least we know the Chelsea game was just a one off after watching that.

Lng ball Rabonas, Long ball bicycles, long ball through balls, long ball 1-2s.
    I love this long ball game

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well at least we know the Chelsea game was just a one off after watching that.

No you don't

Half the team was changed and the approach completely different

Were you watching the game Niallo?

Dominated the game, made big work of it, but as per usual at Old Trafford this season the away keeper had a great night and kept his team in it as well as us fluffing a few chances. Really they made 1/2 decent chances apart from the goal so I'm happy enough with the performance.

Biggest worries are 120 minutes of very tough football at a time we really don't need it and before a massive game at the weekend away. Rojo and Zlatan could be out for a while too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Should have had it wrapped up earlier. Rashford really is a gem of a player to come through the youth system.

Thought Tielemans looked excellent again. He won't be there for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

So who do we want in the semis? Besiktas/Lyon, Celta Vigo or Ajax?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No you don't

Yes Utd were clinical on Sunday, that was far from clinical

No you don't

17 shots, about 23 chances, 57% possession.

Yep, we're a busted flush. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

BT 3 for penalty shoot out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Needless to say, that was far from impressive or convincing, despite what the BT team are trying to convince you of. I won't stick around here long but, two questions to ponder.

What is Mourinho actually building? Because this first season at the helm has been strange.

The second question is actually a quote from the great César Luis Menotti; what is football without beauty? There is little attacking flair or flourish to admire in this Man Utd side. Even Atletico Madrid, renowned hard-grafting unit, have more subtlety and dimensions to their play than this.

josip wrote: »
    So who do we want in the semis? Besiktas/Lyon, Celta Vigo or Ajax?

Should we make the final I'd love to have Ajax in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Nails still fully intact :) Think we should do this competition more often my heart appreciates not really caring if we win or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Any opinions on the long ball tactics?

• Advertisement

....I won't stick around here long....

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

Needless to say, that was far from impressive or convincing, despite what the BT team are trying to convince you of. I won't stick around here long but, two questions to ponder.

What is Mourinho actually building? Because this first season at the helm has been strange.

The second question is actually a quote from the great César Luis Menotti; what is football without beauty? There is little attacking flair or flourish to admire in this Man Utd side. Even Atletico Madrid, renowned hard-grafting unit, have more subtlety and dimensions to their play than this.
    why you not gonna stick around for long? if your gonna stir it at least stay around and debate what your saying

adox wrote: »
    Any opinions on the long ball tactics?

I prefer to call them vertical passes :D

why you not gonna stick around for long? if your gonna stir it at least stay around and debate what your saying

It wasn't going to stick around long because people had stopped giving it attention. Now two more have so it will stick around longer.

Don't worry, I made the same myself. :o

astradave wrote: »
    I prefer to call them vertical passes :D

Could have swore it was a double pivot

I'm not even stirring. I said they played long ball and high crosses tonight because that's what they did. Unless you closed your eyes for the 120 minutes of the game that can't be argued. It's the direction Mourinho has chosen to go with this team this season, based on that I asked 2 genuine questions. Man Utd Boards doesn't like that, I don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Jayop wrote: »
    Dominated the game, made big work of it, but as per usual at Old Trafford this season the away keeper had a great night and kept his team in it as well as us fluffing a few chances. Really they made 1/2 decent chances apart from the goal so I'm happy enough with the performance.

Biggest worries are 120 minutes of very tough football at a time we really don't need it and before a massive game at the weekend away. Rojo and Zlatan could be out for a while too.
    How many saves did Anderlecht keeper actually make tonight? Feck all, lots of half chances and missed chances and offsides etc but not many saves.

I'm not even stirring. I said they played long ball and high crosses tonight because that's what they did. Unless you closed your eyes for the 120 minutes of the game that can't be argued. It's the direction Mourinho has chosen to go with this team this season, based on that I asked 2 genuine questions. Man Utd Boards doesn't like that, I don't care.

28148338.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Does a manager not have to work with what he has?

We don't currently have that goal scoring AMF player like Hazard, Ronaldo, Messi, Lampard etc.

The long ball / crossing is playing to the teams current strength ie height.

Its not pretty but it can be effective as has been shown.

If Jose's United are reliant on the same tactic this time next year I will be very surprised.

Some cracking penalties in the Lyon-Besiktas shootout until the defenders turned up.

How many saves did Anderlecht keeper actually make tonight? Feck all, lots of half chances and missed chances and offsides etc but not many saves.

He made a few worldies in the first half.

• Advertisement

28148338.jpg

That's cool, ask a question, get a response, then post a meme. I expect nothing more.

28148338.jpg

And you wonder why he won't debate with you. Quick post another meme.

Could have swore it was a double pivot

False tika taka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some cracking penalties in the Lyon-Besiktas shootout until the defenders turned up.

Long ball penalties tbh.

No we wonder why he does and wish he wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That's cool, ask a question, get a response, then post a meme. I expect nothing more.

You deserve nothing more.

OK

img_9194.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

No one is going to lose any sleep just because some random guy on Internet won't reply to some posts.

Stop being such a drama queen.

3e608e8d8a9eabb182d8293952580e12.jpg

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No one is going to lose any sleep just because some random guy on Internet won't reply to some posts.

Stop being such a drama queen.

I never suggested anything of the slightest. Anyway well done to Utd they did enough in the end and deserved to go through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement