Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Anderlecht. Thursday 20th 20:05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Does a manager not have to work with what he has?

We don't currently have that goal scoring AMF player like Hazard, Ronaldo, Messi, Lampard etc.

The long ball / crossing is playing to the teams current strength ie height.

Its not pretty but it can be effective as has been shown.

If Jose's United are reliant on the same tactic this time next year I will be very surprised.

I'll engage with this as at least it isn't a meme or Mick doing his tired Andersonisgod greatest hits bit.

I'd argue that Pogba is, or at least should be, a midfielder that gets almost 20 goals a season.

I also think saying Mourinho has to work with what he's given is a bit of a cop out. He has the most expensive squad in football at his disposal. In the summer he addes the world's most expensive player to his squad, he added one of the top 10 footballers in the world to his squad and he added one of the most effective forward players in all of Europe to his squad. He's got De Gea, Blind, Rojo, Baily, Shaw, Valencia, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Martial, Rashford and Ibrahimovic at his disposal. There's no way you can tell me another coach couldn't get those guys playing a more progressive, varied style of football. He's got some big lads in his side but he's chosen to utilise their strength and height over their technical ability. All I'll say is that I think there's a lot of top clubs in Europe where, if that much money was spent on a squad, this type of football would never be tolerated for very long at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

fyh95Cb.jpg

I think this needs a repost :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'll engage with this as at least it isn't a meme or Mick doing his tired Andersonisgod greatest hits bit.

I'd argue that Pogba is, or at least should be, a midfielder that gets almost 20 goals a season.

I also think saying Mourinho has to work with what he's given is a bit of a cop out. He has the most expensive squad in football at his disposal. In the summer he addes the world's most expensive player to his squad, he added one of the top 10 footballers in the world to his squad and he added one of the most effective forward players in all of Europe to his squad. He's got De Gea, Blind, Rojo, Baily, Shaw, Valencia, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Martial, Rashford and Ibrahimovic at his disposal. There's no way you can tell me another coach couldn't get those guys playing a more progressive, varied style of football. He's got some big lads in his side but he's chosen to utilise their strength and height over their technical ability. All I'll say is that I think there's a lot of top clubs in Europe where, if that much money was spent on a squad, this type of football would never be tolerated for very long at all.

hang on now, so when a week or two back you said Madrid had the most expensive squad in football, and I pulled you up on it. So it's back to United again now?

I seem to have upset Man Utd Boards by commenting on the match....tranquilo ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hope Zlatan's injury isn't as bad as it looked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

yabadabado wrote: »
    fyh95Cb.jpg

I think this needs a repost :eek:

This looks the spit of zlatan:pac:.

Jayop wrote: »
    hang on now, so when a week or two back you said Madrid had the most expensive squad in football, and I pulled you up on it. So it's back to United again now?

Can't remember saying that. Maybe I said one of the most expensive but, as we've already shown using sources, it's Man Utd. So back to more memes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He has been proved wrong so many times but comes up with same **** again and again.

Maybe ****ting on Jose makes him feel better about Pep or something like that. Seen few weirdos like him and all of them are Barca fans, at least they "support" only Barca.

Can't remember saying that. Maybe I said one of the most expensive but, as we've already shown using sources, it's Man Utd. So back to more memes...

O rly??
    I don't like it but this Madrid squad is the best in Europe, and by a bit of a distance too. They spend more than other clubs, they get the best quality of players and depth. With a better coach they'd be unstoppable.

:eek:

• Advertisement

why do ye bother lads,not worth the effort .

yabadabado wrote: »
    why do ye bother lads,not worth the effort .

Because bull**** deserves to be called bull**** when the people who run the place wont do anything about it.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    He has been proved wrong so many times but comes up with same **** again and again.

Maybe ****ting on Jose makes him feel better about Pep or something like that. Seen few weirdos like him and all of them are Barca fans, at least they "support" only Barca.

You seem upset, honestly I feel like I'm upsetting people and that's not my intention at all. I was just interested in how Man Utd Boards feel about Mourinho's approach to his first season. So as to avoid upsetting anyone further this is my last post on the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif

BACKTRACKING

You seem upset, honestly I feel like I'm upsetting people and that's not my intention at all. I was just interested in how Man Utd Boards feel about Mourinho's approach to his first season. So as to avoid upsetting anyone further this is my last post on the thread.

Interesting your last post after your bull**** gets called out and proved to be just that, bull****.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :rolleyes:

Upset? I don't care what some wanker thinks of ManUtd on Internet.

Not that I'm calling you a wanker, just in general.

• Advertisement

O rly??

:eek:

That was it? That was the comment? I thought you actually had something on me for a second, but I knew deep down I'm too good to make a mistake. Obviously that could be interpreted as anything and certainly is not a sweeping, catch all statement like "Man Utd have the most expensive squad in the history of football"

Haha you scared me for a moment but I shouldn't have been worried.

Ok, this is my last post!! Goodbye and goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

For me as a neutral Jose has the fans exactly where he wants them. They refuse to entertain any criticism of the man and maintain everything is perfect and the future is bright.

niallo27 wrote: »
    For me as a neutral Jose has the fans exactly where he wants them. They refuse to entertain any criticism of the man and maintain everything is perfect and the future is bright.

bull**** :o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What exactly does last mean?

That was it? That was the comment? I thought you actually had something on me for a second, but I knew deep down I'm too good to make a mistake. Obviously that could be interpreted as anything and certainly is not a sweeping, catch all statement like "Man Utd have the most expensive squad in the history of football"

OK so saying one club has a great squad because spends more than the others is now different to saying another has the most expensive squad in football.

You're BS has caught up with you yet again. But sure give it a few days and you'll be BSing away in every thread you infest with more of the same crap.

• Advertisement

a7873ddea4ef720d26cb7bd1e48a5d35.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

adox wrote: »
    What exactly does last mean?

I think it means: please look.

Or alternately: take the bait, quick.

Read some of the United threads if you don't think there's been criticism. Read some after we've had bad results or some of those draws.

Not accepting absolute whoppers of bull**** posts from a huge WUM (no-one in particular here of course) immediately after qualifying for a European Semi Final doesn't equate with refusing to entertain any criticism.

But you know that and you're joining in,.

I'm making some sweet sweet lemonade here.

Arghus wrote: »
    I think it means: please look.

Nobody puts baby niallo in the corner

Read some of the United threads if you don't think there's been criticism. Read some after we've had bad results or some of those draws.

Not accepting absolute whoppers of bull**** posts from a huge WUM (no-one in particular here of course) immediately after qualifying for a European Semi Final doesn't equate with refusing to entertain any criticism.

Your gonna need these....

th?id=OIP.hYc-nUOkSL0r5lJ0XNvDKwEsDN&w=300&h=205&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

I did read it. One poster questioned why Jose was not being blamed for the poor return of goals per chances created and he was shot down saying it was all about the players. I don't mind optimism God knows I know all about it but it just seems the man is beyond criticism at times.

Your gonna need these....

th?id=OIP.hYc-nUOkSL0r5lJ0XNvDKwEsDN&w=300&h=205&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

Already have enough lemons here mate.

Naillo is jealo6 of all the attention Aig got on his turf. Picking up the scraps anyway he can poor Naillo a double whammy tonight

I did read it. One poster questioned why Jose was not being blamed for the poor return of goals per chances created and he was shot down saying it was all about the players. I don't mind optimism God knows I know all about it but it just seems the man is beyond criticism at times.

You're getting to AIG levels of BS here. Jose has been criticised loads by United fans. We're not exactly going to be lining up to blast him at the moment after winning massive back to back games. And we're not going to take criticism from an absolute whopper of a WUM (again, no-one in particular here just in general) straight after a game where he's talking all sorts of lies and bollocks.

on a serious note niallo and ill be honest I think your a decent guy here to be fair but jose is far from perfect but he is in no way free from criticism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You've a long way to go before you get to AIG levels of wumming. At least when he does it it's funny and he makes an effort to sound more intelligent than he actually is. Your posts are just bad.

I blame billy86

on a serious note niallo and ill be honest I think your a decent guy here to be fair but jose is far from perfect but he is in no way free from criticism

Ok fair enough man I just did find it odd he isn't getting more blame for utd's poor goals return. Anyway having to play rashford through the centre if zatlans injury is bad might be the best thing that happens Utd.

even a cursory glance of previous threads would show plenty of critisism of Jose.

Ok fair enough man I just did find it odd he isn't getting more blame for utd's poor goals return. Anyway having to play rashford through the centre if zatlans injury is bad might be the best thing that happens Utd.
    zlatans injury is a bad thing no doubt... I just hope rashers takes this chance to shine.. martial needs to show what he can do alongside rashers aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I blame billy86

whid1.gif

vader.jpg

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I blame billy86

Fecking Arsenal fans :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fecking Arsenal fans :P
    ...someone always just has to go and take it too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

How can a person who is a Liverpool fan call himself a neutral when posting in a United thread? Has the word a different meaning all of a sudden?

• Advertisement

We have a poor goal return in the league, there's no arguing that.

But by my count we've played 54 games in all competitions and scored 95 goals so that's 1.76 goals per game. Considering our goals per game ratio in the league is so much poorer he cups are bringing it up quite a bit.

Hopefully given that he's really tightened things up so much at the back this year that we now have the 2nd tightest defense in the league we can focus more on attack in his second season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Did you see the game tonight?

Rashford through one on one, Lingard couldn't get it over the line from a yard out, Pogba's header tipped over the bar, Zlatan completely fluffing a great chance in the box, countless other examples tonight and throughout the season...

Jose doesn't get blamed for those because any reasonable person knows damn well that the manager can't physically go out there and put the ball in the net for them, he can't move the ball an inch to left here or stop 35 year old Zlatan snatching at a shot there.

All any manager can do is create a situation in which his team is playing well enough to create really, really good goal scoring opportunities. He has done that, his coaching has done that following on from 3 years of abject performances. After that, its on the players. Players we need to improve upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Have the gumption to admit it. You have never been, and will never ever be, neutral as far as Man Utd are concerned, ditto myself re your club but I don't post crap in your club's threads and then shout "neutral" when caught out.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anyway. Result! We march on, the fans of every other PL team keep their passports in the drawer

Oddly it's not the ones who qualified and were knocked out who seem most put out by this, but the fans of the teams who never qualified at all, and never usually do

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

General Point: Argue the post please, not the username.

If you don't have an argument to a post, then do not use memes or images or gifs derailing the thread. Some posts may be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well Jose has won one trophy this season, still in with a chance of another.

There are some teams who will win nothing this season or have won nothing for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

United have hit the woodwork 27 or 28 times this season so far.

Pogba has hit it 9 or 10 times on his own.

If even 30% of those had been converted we would be in a much better position in the league.

I have no issue with criticism of José when it is warranted.

I have no issue with people hating him because he is an extremely divisive individual so adding someone like him to a team as disliked as United naturally makes people rankle even more than usual.

However blaming him for our players spurning the amount of chances they have spurned is myopic at best and outright stupid at worst.

I've no doubt we will add additional fire power to our line up in the summer, if we don't THEN blame can be laid at José's door because that is something he has direct control over.

At the moment though, its just plain silly to blame him for that, of all things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Michael Owen's comments on pogba last night annoyed me, stated he did nothing bar the goal assist and took too much time on the ball.

Personally I thought it was one of his best games, constantly looked for the ball and added calmness when he had it. At times he lost the ball but caused and won it back anytime it happened. Stepped up and lead the midfield very well alongside carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Michael Owen's comments on pogba last night annoyed me, stated he did nothing bar the goal assist and took too much time on the ball.

Personally I thought it was one of his best games, constantly looked for the ball and added calmness when he had it. At times he lost the ball but caused and won it back anytime it happened. Stepped up and lead the midfield very well alongside carrick

If that was one of Pogba's best games I'd hate to see some of his worst.

This is the most expensive player in the world. Faffing about in midfield.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Cotts72 wrote: »

As much as I enjoyed seeing Owen play for the club, he has stolen a career in punditry.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    If that was one of Pogba's best games I'd hate to see some of his worst.

This is the most expensive player in the world. Faffing about in midfield.

Pogba is a midfielder, just because ManUtd paid 89 Million doesnt make him score more goals and assists in every game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement