Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Sydney

• 20-04-2017 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are taking a year out and doing an RTW trip. We are planning to arrive in Sydney mid October to stay and work for around 6 months before travelling home and just looking for some advice really. We will be getting a Working Holiday Visa.

My boyfriend is a primary school teacher and looking into subbing over there but not sure how to get teaching licence - is it possible to get this before we leave or does he have to wait until we arrive in Sydney?

I will be looking for any job really, have plenty of experience in bartending, hospitality, fmcg sales and marketing. Can anyone recommend the best recruitment agencies to get work fast? What is the job market like over there at the moment, any tips of what we can do before we leave to make it easier when we arrive would be a great help.

Any recommendations on houses/apartments would be greatly appreciated as well!

We will be arriving after 14 weeks of travel so will be looking to get working asap.

I know I am looking for a lot of information but if you could provide any tips at all it would be a massive help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I am not sure but, you will be here during the school summer holidays. They finish up on the 15th of December and go back at the end of Jan. Just to factor it in.

My SIL was here and was a qualified primary school teacher and wasn't able to teach at all, she worked as a childminder instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 youngb

Yeah he knows that, even if he could get some bit of subbing from November it would be great and just to be ready to go once the summer holidays are over. Do you mind me asking why she wasn't able to teach? Was she not able to get a licence?

Advertisement