Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Guinness Store House?

Options
  • 20-04-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi there, where's best to park for the Store House? We'll be there on a Sunday? Website says there's limited parking on site so don't want to have to rely on that? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Four Courts Q park on Ushers Quay is actually probably closer to the Store house than than Four Courts, eitherway it's not that far. That or park on Watling street but don't leave any valuables in the car and make sure you've locking wheel nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

You could park in St. James's Hospital http://www.parkrite.ie/carparks/st-jamess-hospital or, better still, Thomas Street http://www.thomasstreetcarpark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is some street parking just past the main gate of Guinness and on the first left on Echlin St. Keep valuables out of sight and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If parking on the back streets around the storehouse it'll be disc parking - make sure you look for and find the sign that relates to the bit of street you're parking on and pay appropriately!

I'm not sure if that will apply on a Sunday, but given it's so close to a huge tourist attraction, I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

And as others have said, hide (or better still, remove) any valuables BEFORE you park there.

Four Courts Q park on Ushers Quay is actually probably closer to the Store house than than Four Courts, eitherway it's not that far. That or park on Watling street but don't leave any valuables in the car and make sure you've locking wheel nuts.
    Maldesu wrote: »
    There is some street parking just past the main gate of Guinness and on the first left on Echlin St. Keep valuables out of sight and you should be grand.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If parking on the back streets around the storehouse it'll be disc parking - make sure you look for and find the sign that relates to the bit of street you're parking on and pay appropriately!

I'm not sure if that will apply on a Sunday, but given it's so close to a huge tourist attraction, I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

And as others have said, hide (or better still, remove) any valuables BEFORE you park there.

Isn't this true any time you park your car on a public road? :confused:

Or is it ok to leave your laptop in full view on the passenger seat if parking in Blackrock!?!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

MadDog76 wrote: »

Or is it ok to leave your laptop in full view on the passenger seat if parking in Blackrock!?!! :D
    OK, I actually meant any "stuff" - valuable or otherwise - mea culpa.

There are areas in Dublin, yes, where I'd leave a coat or plastic bag or papers thrown on a back or passenger seat and not worry too much. Not in that area though. Some stuff just means there might be more stuff.

Obviously leaving any "valuables" in a car is foolish.

Worst theives of all out there, they nick your stuff then give it back because its not the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Thanks everyone for your replies and tips...and we'll make sure to no "stuff" in sight in the car!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Most of the streets are free around there on Sunday. Francis st is free and so is Oliver bond st.
    I regularly park my car on both, daytime and at night and have never had any trouble.

Most of the streets are free around there on Sunday. Francis st is free and so is Oliver bond st.
    I regularly park my car on both, daytime and at night and have never had any trouble.

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Thank you!

Seriously though we're talking one of the roughest areas in Dublin. You won't have any trouble unless you look for it, but don't be stupid around there and keep an eye on whats going on. I had to tell a woman on day to pick her bag up as she was nessing about getting into the car - as a couple of junkies had started to gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Seriously though we're talking one of the roughest areas in Dublin. You won't have any trouble unless you look for it, but don't be stupid around there and keep an eye on whats going on. I had to tell a woman on day to pick her bag up as she was nessing about getting into the car - as a couple of junkies had started to gather.

As I've said I use it quite regularly. I've gone back to my car at 11 at night, 1 in the morning and the middle of the afternoon.
    The place is virtually deserted, except for plenty of passing cars.
    Yes theres the odd rough person here and there but walk down the boardwalk, up O Connell St or in some of the streets around grafton street and you'll come across much worse.
    I've wandered down plenty of backlanes and alleys in the area. All I've came across is elderly locals.
    TBH I've felt more threatened in Celbridge:pac:

It's actually worse during the day. Simon kick out the lads and lassies down there. I completely agree it's perfectly fine, just warning a tourist to be careful there.

It was rough enough in the 90's but nowadays it's fairly quiet ........... there are much much rougher areas in the city, ie. Northside City Centre.

It was rough enough in the 90's but nowadays it's fairly quiet ........... there are much much rougher areas in the city, ie. Northside City Centre.

Having lived there until about two years ago it's mostly quiet but I wouldn't leave my sat nav up.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I've never had a problem getting into the free carkpark. Most visitors are tourists coming from the city centre with no cars. I would try the car park first, they are a security guard on and you just tell him you have tickets.

Having lived there until about two years ago it's mostly quiet but I wouldn't leave my sat nav up.

My Dad worked in The Guinness Factory for years, I was born and raised in a house 5 minutes walk from the Factory and I visit Family there 3/4 times a week (I'm actually in the area as I write this) .......... it's far from being one of "the roughest parts of Dublin".

heyjude88 wrote: »
    I've never had a problem getting into the free carkpark. Most visitors are tourists coming from the city centre with no cars. I would try the car park first, they are a security guard on and you just tell him you have tickets.

Thats great, we are thinking of trying that car park first now as was thinking the same thing re tourists with no cars.. and will try street parking around if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

I drive by the storehouse car park all the time. Never seen it full. Must be 200+ parking spaces.

My Dad worked in The Guinness Factory for years, I was born and raised in a house 5 minutes walk from the Factory and I visit Family there 3/4 times a week (I'm actually in the area as I write this) .......... it's far from being one of "the roughest parts of Dublin".

Oliver Bond is not one of the roughest parts of Dublin? Pull the other one. Like most rough parts of Dublin 99.9999% of the time you're fine if you keep your wits about you.

5 minutes from the store house could be any number of places that aren't Oliver Bond and some of that area is quite nice. Having personally dealt with some of the resident groups on Bridgefoot street, there's also a lot of nice people. There's also the little scroats that threw rocks at my wife's head one day.

• Advertisement

Oliver Bond is not one of the roughest parts of Dublin? Pull the other one. Like most rough parts of Dublin 99.9999% of the time you're fine if you keep your wits about you.

5 minutes from the store house could be any number of places that aren't Oliver Bond and some of that area is quite nice. Having personally dealt with some of the resident groups on Bridgefoot street, there's also a lot of nice people. There's also the little scroats that threw rocks at my wife's head one day.

You think Oliver Bond is rough!??!! :D You've led quite the sheltered life sir! :)

You think Oliver Bond is rough!??!! :D You've led quite the sheltered life sir! :)

Ah come on, no where in Dublin is rough - rough, hence why I find it so amusing when people are going on about places like Finglas. Having lived within shouting distance of Sighthill, Wester Hailes and Broomshouse not much in Dublin phases me. I lived near Oliver Bond for ten years and had two maybe three incidents at most so don't get me wrong I'm not trying to tar everyone with the same brush.

I park on Watling street from time to time and all I'm saying is - I'd be more careful making sure there was nothing on display than I would be in a few other places.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the help and advice, we parked in the Guinness car park without any hassle, loads of spaces. Passed Echlin st on way in and that looked ok too. It was a fantastic day out in Dublin.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the help and advice, we parked in the Guinness car park without any hassle, loads of spaces. Passed Echlin st on way in and that looked ok too. It was a fantastic day out in Dublin.

So you weren't robbed at gun-point and left for dead!!??!!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Glad to hear you had a good time and even more so that you survived. :)

Advertisement