Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCA 1 pending for 16 weeks now

Options
  • 20-04-2017 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

So, Me and my brother made applications for deer hunting rifles 16 weeks ago, Submitted all the paperwork including Deer hunting permits.
    We both have 2 other firearms, 22's and shotguns.
    I applied for a .308 and my brother applied for a 6.5x55.

FO is beating around the Bush, rang him again yesterday, his words were

"I'm going to talk to the Super this weekend, see what he thinks"

See what he thinks? After 16 weeks?

My brother rang, same story but with this added.

"The Super has expressed concerns about giving such a large calibre to such a young person so I'll have to talk to him about it"

I'm 30 and my brother is 26, So our Super thinks a 26 year old whom already has 2 registered firearms is too young to Possess a 6.5x55?

He said he will get back to me in "A week or so" Meaning 2 - 4 weeks.

The system is broke and it pisses me off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Ring Chris Gavican in the NARGC he is the liason person to assist with these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Ring Chris Gavican in the NARGC he is the liason person to assist with these matters.

I am not a member unfortunately.

"The Super has expressed concerns about giving such a large calibre you such a young person so I'll have to talk to him about it"

Now ask him for the refusal in writing as you need it for your solicitor and the appeal.

I am not a member unfortunately.

Say nothing till he asks.

Still not officially a refusal, I think we will get them, but he's dragging it out for a long as possible for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

Still not officially a refusal, I think we will get them, but he's dragging it out for a long as possible for some reason

He may be dragging it out to see how committed you are to getting the license. Would it be possible to discuss this with the Super directly? This very well could be the FO holding up your FAC due this his own personal beliefs

RossiFan08 wrote:
    He may be dragging it out to see how committed you are to getting the license. Would it be possible to discuss this with the Super directly? This very well could be the FO holding up your FAC due this his own personal beliefs

I have other firearms and Deer season is still 5 months away so I have until that long, wouldn't be interested in talking to the Super about a straight forward application, as for the FO? Seems like a nice guy but..... you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you submit an incomplete application due to not having a deer license or a cover letter from the NPWS at the time of submission. The FO won't process it, ie forward it on to the Supers until all the paper work is complete. So you are better off counting the time form the day you sent in the remaining documentation.

If your in the North Dublin district that I think your in then God love you your in for a wait. The FO is a friendly and courteous lad but is painfully slow in processing the info. He is doing this job in addition to his normal duty hours and has only a certain allotted time per week to do the paperwork. Now this is no excuse for either poor work practices or systems of work but that's the way it is there now.

I know your itching to get your hands on the rifle but remember he knows that you've no real reason to have it at the moment as you've said it yourself - 'deer season is 5 months away', but in reality your in a tall bundle of applications, renewal and substitutions that he has to process - there's an awful lot of firearms, legal ones, in that Dublin North district and after it gets through him all the other stations paper work from the district end up on the Supers desk. If there's any discrepancies with applications I would imagine it's back listed until sorted.

If your not in that district ignore my waffle, don't mean to sound sh1tty and I absolutely promise you it's nothing to do with you getting to the Rugar before me :D.
    Best of luck, stick it out and you'll be knocking deer and crack out of that rifle this year.

That's true, but that letter was submitted 4 weeks ago, I'm in Dublin west, as for the FO being busy? I often see him having tea in the local gun shop with the owner (Who I'm buying the gun from) but wouldn't approach him in public about it haha, Still doesn't explain my brother being too young for a centrefire, and yes, I hope to have my M77 before you haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

So that's both Dublin North and West united in their pain of firearms paperwork....

.......I ended up on the nostalgic route with a ancient .270 and boy does that flatten deer :eek:, can't wait to stretch its legs on the hillside next season.

• Advertisement

.......I ended up on the nostalgic route with a ancient .270 and boy does that flatten deer , can't wait to stretch its legs on the hillside next season.

I got an unreal deal because my brother is friends with the guy that owns it, Ruger M77 Stainless steel, .308 for 650

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Stop fecking around and call the Super's secretary and get an appointment to see the Super.
    And then when you get the interview don't put up with any bullsh!t from the Super. You have all the 'Good Reason' you need and your getting f*cked around, and don't forget to tell him that as well.

In those words? Haha

Advertisement