Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test wait times and notification?

• 20-04-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Hi all,
    I'm booked my test with Finglas last week, and can see their average wait times (10ish weeks) on the website. I'm just wondering two things 1) is the bike test wait the same? 2) when do they actually notify you of the date? Do you get any choice if you need to push it a few days one way or another?

Thanks!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

thos wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm booked my test with Finglas last week, and can see their average wait times (10ish weeks) on the website. I'm just wondering two things 1) is the bike test wait the same? 2) when do they actually notify you of the date? Do you get any choice if you need to push it a few days one way or another?

Thanks!

Tom

I booked mine on a Monday and got the email on the Thursday. The test was for 4 weeks later. This was in navan. I don't think you can choose when exactly it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Hi all,

Thanks!

Tom

Wait time won't be the same, they usually have a different bike tester than a car tester, and there are not as many bike testers as car testers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

My wait time for Finglas (last year) was about 4 weeks notice. So, from the date of booking, I got a notification a few days later of a test date 4 weeks after that.

I think Finglas has two bike testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Thanks folks, I'll give them another day or two with Easter and check in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Rang RSA this morning - and yep, the girl who looks after the bike tests is on holidays ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I had to put a hold on my test before Christmas due to my wheels being stolen. Emailed them last week to reschedule and got 15th May so I'd say 3-4 weeks wait

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

I booked my test in Finglas on 17 Feb. Got a reply on the 7 March (2.5 weeks later) for a test on the 13 April (5 weeks later)

Hi all,

Thanks!

Tom

I kept asking for cancellations and was getting it within 3 weeks, sat it a few times and asked for cancels each time.

Advertisement