Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Keenan apparently saying Lukaku to United would be a step sideways and he should stay with Everton. Seems to be he closest we get to confirmation of interest in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Keenan apparently saying Lukaku to United would be a step sideways and he should stay with Everton. Seems to be he closest we get to confirmation of interest in him.

Ha.

It's a step forward in every possible metric.

Realistically it's between us and Chelsea as far as suitors in the PL go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Valencia hasn't traveled with the squad today according to twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Koeman talking **** as usual,a huge step up from Everton to United in every possible way.

I would be happy with Lukaku,young proven goalscorer in the league ,should have no problem settling in.I do think he needs to up his work rate a lot ,often seems totally off the pace/not willing to do the hard running but that may be forgiven somewhat if he hits 25 goals a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Valencia hasn't traveled with the squad today according to twitter.

According to this. Could easily have made journey another way. Not a million miles.

https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/856116752090099714

• Advertisement

C-GLk0OXcAAl-MS.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ElChe32 wrote: »
    C-GLk0OXcAAl-MS.jpg:large

Happy enough with that. Give Rashford and Mkhi a rest while having them there just in case they are needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Split between my pessimism wanting me to back Burnley double chance and my hope wanting me to back United to win and Rooney to score.

Cant really complain ,not much that can be done with the lack of options at the back.Shaw played the full game Thursday night so was always liable to be rested.

Rooney up top ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm not usually a grammar nazi and I'm not trying to be one now but that last sentence I see you wrote no instead of not, I now can only hear it in a Scottish accent in my head and will always consider you to be Scottish.

Ha yeah that's what I thought when I just read it back there. My typing on mobile devices is poor and I didn't checking it before heading out.

I'm leaving it now as an homage to Fergie. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

astradave wrote: »
    The mirror really are idiots

what we see: Jose talks to his own agent and one of his good friends.

What they see: Jose talks to super agent, oh they must have been talking about summer transfers for players that agent does not represent but that we're trying to push transfer stories on. This will generate loads of clicks!

You missed a bit! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

scudzilla wrote: »
    Lost Legendary status when he went and played for them, some things you just don't do, he knew the score, as did Gary Neville

Different era basically, would you not consider Law a club legend?

Giggs gave him a pat on the back as a greeting, how come he didn't know the score?

Schmeichel is and always will be a legend of the club, for the majority anyway, best keeper in the world during his time with United. There will always be dissenting voices but overall I would be certain the Great Dane falls into the legend category for the vast majority of supporters.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Nike CR7 boot ad...at United where CR7 was made...left out the bit - and who gave his best years to Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Different era basically, would you not consider Law a club legend?

Giggs gave him a pat on the back as a greeting, how come he didn't know the score?

Schmeichel is and always will be a legend of the club, for the majority anyway, best keeper in the world during his time with United. There will always be dissenting voices but overall I would be certain the Great Dane falls into the legend category for the vast majority of supporters.

Totally agree sure Owen is a club legend and ambassador with pool even tho he won a league with us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Nike CR7 boot ad...at United where CR7 was made...left out the bit - and who gave his best years to Real Madrid.

Despise that add I think it's basically trying to milk a set of fans of a club he has nothing more to do with for a few quid it be it be like rooney bringing out a pair of blue boots and calling them an Everton special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very difficult game today. A win would be massive for us

Rooney to come back and play his best again, Pogba to get MOTM and Felaini to channel his inner Zidane easy 5-0 win not even sure why Im going to be watching. Must be for the 30 yard screamer Pogs scores

Just on the link to resigning Keane was it very short sighted by LVG letting him go and not just continueing his loans ?

Didn't he do well for Leicester in the championship and with Burnley in EPL.
    It's not like the 3m odd that the club signed him for was badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Quandary wrote:
    Very difficult game today. A win would be massive for us

For solidifying 5th place, anyways I thought this game was a banker according to some folk here after the Chelsea game

For solidifying 5th place, anyways I thought this game was a banker according to some folk here after the Chelsea game

What are you raving about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ANTHONY! :D What a smashing counter attack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a counter

Reminds me of the good auld days

Brilliant counter!

Another perfect pass from Herrera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Great goal. Delighted for Martial.

Fantastic finish, Herrera with a sublime assist again. Get in Tony lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Great counter! Martial did brilliantly there. Delighted he's on the scoresheet.

"That goal has just cost #mufc ?8.5m as he's reached 25 goals. Cheque off to Monaco"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Good goal by Rooney there.

Well done Wazza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pogba is just awesome. That play and pass for the second goal was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Good first half bit sloppy at times but good for the majority of it.

Great to see martial and rooney score

Really? Bizarre!

I bet the reality that you see is vastly different to how the rest of us see it. It must be fun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Martial is doing very well.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Pogba and Martial have been brilliant!!! 1 more goal to wrap things up and then hopefully Jose throws on the youngsters and rests Pogba

Yeah he has been a real handful for the Burnley defence alright. It would be brilliant to see him back to his best. Huge opportunity for him now, and so far he has grabbed his chance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Up front in an away game is perfect scenario for him. He is taking advantage of it.

Lovely for Rooney to score!! Legend

Even though he has had a quiet half, it's great to seeRooney on the score sheet. You could see that goal meant a lot to him.

Keep it tight now in the 2nd half and we might be able to get another goal on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Daley blind doing very well today up against the very quick gray. Played the ball to lingard thatvthe 2nd goal came from too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

More goals I say, and maybe a few more assists for Ander Herrera :D

• Advertisement

• Pogba injured fuuuuckk

Bailly my MOTM there. Was brilliant all day.

Beat Coty 4-0 and we go third?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bailly and Herrera possibly hurt ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bailly my MOTM there. Was brilliant all day.

Beat Coty 4-0 and we go third?

Assuming Liverpool lose against palace that be correct.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Assuming Liverpool lose against palace that be correct.

Ah, didn't realise they were playing before we do again.

Injuries are a major concern now. Hopefully Pogba & Bailly are ok. They are both must-haves for the Derby

Easy win. Decent performance. Burnley look like they're waiting for their summer holidays though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hopefully with pogba it was a cramp from fatigue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Job done and keeping this little winning streak going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Two 2-0 league wins a row.

I reckon the 3 injured players are all alright.

Pogbas was cramp I reckon.

If I had to prioritise - Bailly then Herrera then Pogba, although with the injuries already don't want to lose any.

Bailly by a country mile though the one of the three we don't want injured.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement