Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Common sense prevailing. That'd be a very Scouse thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

With Jones playing full game and Blind not coming on today does back 4 for final look like

Valencia Smalling Blind Darmian.

What do people reckon?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What do people reckon?.

Team for final I reckon is

Romero, Valencia, smalling, blind, Damian, Herrera, pogba, fellaini, mata, mkhitartan, Rashford.

Only position id be unsure of is smelling he may of been playing jones to get him up to match fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

To be honest I actually don't think De Gea will leave.

The money outlay on him is a negligible upgrade to their first XI. While he is an excellent keeper, Navas has been really good for them and it's not like a Bravo situation at City. He is a really good keeper for Madrid.

For the sort of money they will need to drop, surely its better spent elsewhere in the squad. Their first XI is excellent and their squad in general is really strong, but they are better spent putting that money into looking towards a new LB to be understudy to Marcello, they need a new CB if not two and they could use decent cover in midfield.

I get the impression Zidane has enough clout with the fans and in the club as a hole that he might be able to spearhead a "you get what I need, not what you want".

Buying De Gea is just more imaginary dick measuring from them, they don't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

jayo26 wrote: »
    Team for final I reckon is

Romero, Valencia, smalling, blind, Damian, Herrera, pogba, fellaini, mata, mkhitartan, Rashford.

Only position id be unsure of is smelling he may of been playing jones to get him up to match fitness.

I'd say Jones and it wouldn't surprise me to see Lingard instead of Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Think the bus is already booked for a 4th place trophy parade.:D
    Arsenal are holding onto their rolling annual booking in case they win the FA Cup.

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be honest I actually don't think De Gea will leave.

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/866363167181504512

I think he is all but gone I'd be surprised if he was here next season. I reckon the money outlay will be minimal as there will be a player coming opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

De Gea in a Bale deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We've sold players before to Madrid who we didnt want to sell. If De Gea is telling the club he would really like to go back to Spain and Real Madrid are willing to pay what United think is fair then Id want the club to sell him. Holding a player to a contract who isn't happy would be a mistake.

If he's happy to stay either way then tell Real to FO. That's a different story. I'm expecting him gone though.

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/866363167181504512

I think he is all but gone I'd be surprised if he was here next season. I reckon the money outlay will be minimal as there will be a player coming opposite direction.

If it's like Kroos,Bale,Isco or Ascensio or something like that, will take it as a softened blow.

If it's Navas, I'd question what is the point when we have an equal ability keeper as no.2.

I'd say it needs to be a)Massive fee b)Exchange for a quality player, not a Real reject c) tell them to **** off.

Anything outside of that I'll be disappointed, regardless of what the player wants. He's integral to what we need to do, is in an arena where he has unbelievable support for a goalkeeper and we should make sure if it is going to happen, as Jose would say "It's in conditions that satisfy the club".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

We could end the season with 2 trophies and champions league group stage qualification in the bag......

Our finishing was pathetic most if the year but we all know that is going to be the fixed this summer one way or another so all that matters is win Wednesday and then every negative statistic can go be feked.

That has been the only blip on the season for me and it's the players that have to take account for not finishing teams off. Any team that goes on a 25 game unbeaten run should end up winning the league and we haven't because of the lack of killer instinct. So many draws that really should have been wins, so if we can sort that out, then we're in the middle of the title race next year. Winning the EL would be a fine end to the season, but I'll still be happy enough if we don't do it. Because the side-wards & back passing from the LVG era is gone, a team that couldn't create chances is gone. Our problem now is not a lack of creating chances, but poor finishing and on paper that's much easier fix than having a team that can't create.

Jose is the first United manager to win a major trophy in his first season, he has the best unbeaten run in his first season. The guy who they said would never play kids, had 12 academy graduates on the field & bench yesterday. He gave Gomes his debut yesterday, the youngest player since the great Duncan Edwards to take the field for United. He's also the first player born after the year 2000 to make his debut in the PL. I'v been a United fan for nearly 40 years and I have to say yesterday was of the proudest days for me, just to see the kids making their debuts and to see the great work one of Fergie's Fledglings - Nick Butt, has been doing.

I'm really excited for the future and the talent coming through our world famous academy. Jose only brought in 4 players last year, he had to undue the damage done by Moyes & LVG, so we never had a hope of winning the league. Yet if we had of just being more clinical in front of goal, the final league standings could have been a lot different. I'm also encouraged by one the greatest pieces of man management I've ever seen. Prior to Jose's arrival, Rojo had put in some of the worse defensive performances I have ever seen for United. But this year Mourhino transformed the guy, his game and his confidence so much, that I ended up in a panic when we lost him to injury for the season. Last year Rojo was top of my list to go, after this year I want him going nowhere and that transformation for me is down to great management.

When I and a lot of United fans screamed for Fellaini's head after giving away a penalty against Everton. After my emotions returned to normal, I have to admire the way Jose showed loyalty to him and protected him afterwards. That's the kind of good management that earns the trust, respect and loyalty of a dressing room. Media trolls said Mata was f****d when Jose arrived, but once again they were wrong, just like they were about the kids. So looking back overall, ya I'm disappointed about not finishing teams off and the final league position. But it has been a good first season for the manager and if we do win the EL, then that would make it a great one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Casemiro would be my pick from them.

RobertKK wrote: »
    De Gea in a Bale deal.

I actually see this happening. Not as a direct swap or anything but I reckon if Bale is open to it United will be wanting first refusal and a good price if we are to let them have the same for De Gea.

My absolute ideal wish would be to buy Bale and play him up front. Rashford Bale Griezmann. Imagine that. Dream land stuff but only due to player preferences because we could afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If it's like Kroos,Bale,Isco or Ascensio or something like that, will take it as a softened blow.

If it's Navas, I'd question what is the point when we have an equal ability keeper as no.2.

I'd say it needs to be a)Massive fee b)Exchange for a quality player, not a Real reject c) tell them to **** off.

Anything outside of that I'll be disappointed, regardless of what the player wants. He's integral to what we need to do, is in an arena where he has unbelievable support for a goalkeeper and we should make sure if it is going to happen, as Jose would say "It's in conditions that satisfy the club".
    Not sure how Romero can be described as of equal ability to Navas.

If he was interested in moving then I see it as a win-win for United. We should still command a big fee in addition but I think he'd be great at filling the void left behind by DDG.

Bale is going to struggle to get into that first team going forward but I can't see there being any progress with a potential move for another 6/12 months.

While I appreciate your opinion and as a fan much longer than me I wouldn't question what would make you proud, but do you not think you are affording too much credit to the context in which Mourinho selected those players yesterday?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Casemiro would be my pick from them.

The most sensible of all suggestions this is he would be perfect for our midfield the only problem is he is perfect for Madrid midfield too so I can't see it been an option.

The most sensible of all suggestions this is he would be perfect for our midfield the only problem is he is perfect for Madrid midfield too so I can't see it been an option.
    Zidane rates him but Real Madrid also believed that Beckham was a replacement for Makelele!

Its practicality vs. marketing. Madrid can market De Gea far more than they can from Casemiro. But without Casemiro they will struggle. Its Zidane vs. the board.

• Nervous already..........

pjohnson wrote: »
    Zidane rates him but Real Madrid also believed that Beckham was a replacement for Makelele!

Its practicality vs. marketing. Madrid can market De Gea far more than they can from Casemiro. But without Casemiro they will struggle. Its Zidane vs. the board.

Zidane will win that battle this season no bother especially if they beat juve his stock in that club is massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Navas has been really good for them and it's not like a Bravo situation at City. He is a really good keeper for Madrid.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that Navas is leaving at the end of the season though?

• Advertisement

Zidane will win that battle this season no bother especially if they beat juve his stock in that club is massive.

Perhaps but that'd be my demand. I wouldnt replace our goalkeeper with a weaker one 4 years his senior. This is a nice story all the same I stumbled over checking his age
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/05/22/35726582/navas-shaves-head-in-support-of-cancer-sufferers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Hasn't it already been confirmed that Navas is leaving at the end of the season though?
    It looked like he was on his way out regardless of the DDG situation but it looks like Real have done a U-turn based on his contributions over the last few months.

It now looks like DDG is the only replacement they'll target and they're happy to keep him if this doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nervous already..........

Im gonna say it, I'm not one bit confident

I'm thinking a Chelsea performance.
    No not last October...

DrPhilG wrote: »

Not that I had heard.

Running story for a few months has been Perez wants Navas and Benzema gone and to bring in De Gea and Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nervous already..........

Be grand. I'm quite confident now for some reason. I think we'll win 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

zerks wrote: »
    An updated leak of the 3rd Jersey is out and it looks a lot better than the earlier version.

Looks terrible IMO

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-3.jpg

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That can't be real

Another light-bending jersey. I couldn't take that! Say it ain't so!

• Advertisement

That one was supposedly leaked last year on here id be surprised if it was that.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looks terrible IMO

I can't see it :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Wouldn't a grey 3rd kit be a bit too close in colour to the new black one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The 2nd and third images are the latest leaks. It's due to be released this week I think.

It's a fan design, there was a comp run by adidas/Chevy to design it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    Pity you didn't post up who the opponent was or the exact date

#notveryintheknow

Kind of embargoed at the time,I was just told United and Liverpool are playing in Dublin in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hococop wrote: »
    Im gonna say it, I'm not one bit confident

Ajax poor at the back and our finishing is cack,this is going to penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The away shirts looks fantastic in store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

FutureGuy wrote: »

The black one? Saw someone wearing it and it completely changed my opinion on it, way nicer than I thought originally

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hococop wrote: »
    The black one? Saw someone wearing it and it completely changed my opinion on it, way nicer than I thought originally

Yep. The design is more subtle in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looks terrible IMO

Looks more invisible than the one we famously ditched at half time against Southampton (?) some years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Until the players can't see each other on the pitch!! :eek:

man-utd-grey-kit.jpg

• Advertisement

Is that jersey colour being difficult to see the players accepted as an actual legit reason?

Always thought it was a whopper spoof to cover up some rubbish results :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yep. The design is more subtle in real life.

Bloke wearing it in the background

https://instagram.com/p/BUXPQt5hRBO/

Is that jersey colour being difficult to see the players accepted as an actual legit reason?

Always thought it was a whopper spoof to cover up some rubbish results :D

I was at a game when they were wearing that. It was really sunny and actually hard to see the players in certain spaces that kit! I swear! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Moyse quits Sunderland

Besides from the fun of our last grey kit, I just think grey is shít colour for a football kit.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Moyse quits Sunderland

What do we reckon, Arsenal or Barcelona job? No smoke without fire, the timing is just uncanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

GSPfan wrote: »
    What do we reckon, Arsenal or Barcelona job? No smoke without fire, the timing is just uncanny.

Seriously tho, who the hell would employ him? Its like hes forgot how to manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Yea I thought it looked bag in the promo stuff but in store it's look s nice

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement