Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

kona wrote: »
    Seriously tho, who the hell would employ him? Its like hes forgot how to manage.

Wherever he goes, Pienaar, Lescott and Gibson won't be far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Didn't know Angel Gomes was English! Born and raised. I actually have less hope for him now. The minute he becomes any way good they will want him in the national team and then they'll begin to tear him down as soon as he puts in a bad performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Feel sorry for him.

His decisions since leaving us have worked out really poorly. I don't see any decent team touching him for a while now.

To think, he was managing us only a few years ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »

To think, he was managing us only a few years ago...

Shiver just went down my spine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is that jersey colour being difficult to see the players accepted as an actual legit reason?

Always thought it was a whopper spoof to cover up some rubbish results :D

Blended into background apparently and was hard to pick out the players against it. So the legend has it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/man-utd-bottom-of-the-league-for-points-won-per-pound-spent-on-players-wages-35742091.html

Such garbage! Some papers/journo's will go to such lengths to have a pop.

What next? Man Utd bottom of the table for canteen spuds bought per pound spent on fuel travelling to away games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Feel sorry for him.

why? he is a multimillionaire, got 7m for united for 10 months work, got money from sociedad when fired, will get a few million from sunderland, can go on a long holiday now if he wants, come back get another job somewhere or do tv work. handy life

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RockSalto wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/man-utd-bottom-of-the-league-for-points-won-per-pound-spent-on-players-wages-35742091.html

Such garbage! Some papers/journo's will go to such lengths to have a pop.

What next? Man Utd bottom of the table for canteen spuds bought per pound spent on fuel travelling to away games.

You know the season is over when the papers have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel for stories. Must be a slow news day for the Independent.

bangkok wrote: »
    why? he is a multimillionaire, got 7m for united for 10 months work, got money from sociedad when fired, will get a few million from sunderland, can go on a long holiday now if he wants, come back get another job somewhere or do tv work. handy life

Well now actually, that's were you are wrong.

https://twitter.com/richard_conway/status/866686849263296512
    Sunderland owner Ellis Short: "David has chosen to leave the club without compensation, which is testament to his character.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »

fair enough but i wouldnt be feeling sorry for him, he has a great life

Probably comfortable enough for the rest of his life on the bundle he got from United when he was kicked to the curb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Hey dave we have to sack you, but dont want to pay you off.
    Could ya do us a favour like a good lad dave and resign.

...yea no problem, dya want me to give the office a clean before i leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Don't want Januzaj back, he can follow Moyes to wherever he ends up, and sold this time.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Don't want Januzaj back, he can follow Moyes to wherever he ends up, and sold this time.

Was watching Match Of The Day highlights this morning, saw Januzaj in the Sunderland team, thought to myself, "oh that's where he's been", I had completely forgotten all about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Great shame for Januzaj if completely bizzarre. He seemed to have potential only to completely forget everything.

• Advertisement

Don't want Januzaj back, Fellaini he can follow Moyes to wherever he ends up, and sold this time.

fyp :)

fyp :)

But Fellaini will get us the winner on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Lukaku Romeu and Laporte. Is this a concievable transfer window for us?

On French TV, Griezmann just said there's a 6/10 chance he plays for us next season!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Lord TSC wrote: »

Not impossible to think that it hinges on CL football next season. CL could make that 6 an 8 or a 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

pjohnson wrote: »
    Great shame for Januzaj if completely bizzarre. He seemed to have potential only to completely forget everything.

He is an object lesson, and yet there are still people who would pay £100m for an 18 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The fact that he is even saying 6/10 when he could push the question away easily, to me is saying it depends on United stumping up the cash

He also said there's a 7/10 he stays at Atletico. His math is not good :P

I'd imagine if we qualify for CL, then the deal gets done pretty quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I actually hate that ****.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Am I the only one thinking that Wednesdays game is our biggest in the last 10+ years as in our future could depend on it? Yes I know we've been in CL finals but thats been to add to an already good season where as this is not only in my eyes a season defining game but one that could alter the future.

If the unthinkable happens another year without CL football could see the top 4 pull away from us more as they can attract most players as us with the money involved, On the other hand a win could propel us onto a title and deep run in the CL next season, Im ridiculously nervous for Wednesday now fearing that a loss could be detrimental to us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually hate that ****.

I don't mean this in a sh1tty way but what would you prefer? For him to say if we get champs league he will join or that no he won't go anywhere?

To me he is just been as honest as he can without actually saying it depends on Wednesday night.

markc91 wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking that Wednesdays game is our biggest in the last 10+ years as in our future could depend on it? Yes I know we've been in CL finals but thats been to add to an already good season where as this is not only in my eyes a season defining game but one that could alter the future.

If the unthinkable happens another year without CL football could see the top 4 pull away from us more as they can attract most players as us with the money involved, On the other hand a win could propel us onto a title and deep run in the CL next season, Im ridiculously nervous for Wednesday now fearing that a loss could be detrimental to us!

No the idea of it effecting our future i don't think so at all. Apart from city and maybe Chelsea not one other club ahead of us has the ability to pull away from us. Spurs or pool won't spend the wages to sign the calibre of player they need to pull away and arsenal are probably in a bigger mess then ourselves.

I am super excited for the game.

I don't think we will struggle to get deals done without it; I'd imagine Jose will have targets that are well viable in mind, even without CL.

But with it, I think the level of target we can go for jumps drastically.

astradave wrote: »
    The fact that he is even saying 6/10 when he could push the question away easily, to me is saying it depends on United stumping up the cash

Could be that alright. I was thinking that it's dependent on United winning the final and qualifying for the CL next season.

Like, 6/10 - United's chances of beating Ajax according to Griezmann!

Whatever it means, it's big news for him to admit that much. Hope to f*ck we get him.

• Advertisement

Not sure where Griezmann would fit into Jose's formation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Headshot wrote: »

Mata/Lingard spot?

Where Lingard, mata play. Or else behind a striker.

In saying that he would probably take Rooneys spot in the squad and mata would be more a no.10 then.

Though with Griezmann he would allow us to play either of Joses formations

433 or 4231

F**king bullsh*t mentality that. "He's loaded so must have a great life and no problems". It's such a fallacy. Being loaded did wonders for Chris Cornell last week, didn't it?

I'm not surprised at such a simplistic attitude from you.

Moyes is a joke in his profession and is close to unemployable at something he loves doing. You don't have to feel sorry for him, but you don't have to spout ignorant nonsense either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

stankratz wrote: »
    F**king bullsh*t mentality that. "He's loaded so must have a great life and no problems". It's such a fallacy. Being loaded did wonders for Chris Cornell last week, didn't it?

Moyes is a joke in his profession and is close to unemployable at something he loves doing. You don't have to feel sorry for him, but you don't have to spout ignorant nonsense either.

Remember Lennon a few weeks back, money wont help everything

Yeah money doesn't necessarily mean a great life & no problems, Chris Cornell as you've used being a recent example :(.

Being loaded doesn't mean you are suicidal either and in fairness bangkok never said that or implied it, we all know he meant from an employment stand point. Bangkok is right, he is doing a job we'd all kill to do and getting millions for it. Nobody needs to be feeling sorry for him. He'll probably end up at Rangers or something next rebuild a bit of a reputation and earn millions more. At the very least he can do tv work now till he's blue in the face.

What I meant was he would never have to work another day in his life and he would have a fantastic life, travelling the world with his wife, doing the odd TV appearance and never have to worry about money ever again.

Also to say moyes is a joke in his profession is laughable. The man has over 10 years experience managing in the premier league, there would be loads of clubs still be looking to him as manager

United playing for CL football, a trophy, a big check and Griezmann on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

United playing for CL football, a trophy, a big check and Griezmann on Wednesday.

And a peaceful summer

Ah lads

img2.thejournal.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

"Either he will or he won't, I'll be right in the end though"

:D

God im so nervous about Wednesday.

It's huge in so many ways

In fairness it is pretty obvious it's hardly any great insight from him.

• Advertisement

God im so nervous about Wednesday.

It's huge in so many ways

Its good though init. Trophies and excitement, thats United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Huge money but so was Pogba. Griezmann will need new boots though :P

Will be a mad summer either way.

Roll on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    And a peaceful summer

It's been very quiet in here considering events elsewhere over the weekend.

There are ALOT of people keeping their powder dry in case we win on Wednesday for fear of getting egg on their faces.

Im sure if Ajax turn us over this place will get busy very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

jayo26 wrote: »
    In fairness it is pretty obvious it's hardly any great insight from him.

Only posted for laffs. I'll pay the €100 release tho.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    It's been very quiet in here considering events elsewhere over the weekend.

There are ALOT of people keeping their powder dry in case we win on Wednesday for fear of getting egg on their faces.

Im sure if Ajax turn us over this place will get busy very quickly.

You can set your watch to this happening, or any time United lose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement