Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nerves been building with a couple of days, this is massive.

Champions League football is feckin essential to help United get out ofbtheir three year slump.

Aside from the reward of being in the CL, not being in the EL again is huge.

I believe 100% that it had a detrimental effect on our league campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Feeling the nerves on the way to work, predicting Fellaini to play an important role unsettling this young Ajax team

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Feeling the nerves on the way to work, predicting Fellaini to play an important role unsettling this young Ajax team

I'd expect a few elbows and a few innocent shrugs.

Excited for tonight. Half day, birthday dinner (40 today, so very old, kids don't do drugs etc), Europe leage final and some Overwatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would love to see Fellaini have a great game and score the winner.He still gets a hard time especially from non United fans which is unwarranted imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Liam O wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't rate his positioning as highly as other aspects of his game. He's relentless in pursuit of goals. Similar to current Ronaldo in style in that he is always looking for ways to score rather than overly pursuing the team aspect of the attack. Not to say he ignores it but it's secondary to him.

His style translates better than the likes of Lukaku's would. Kane has shown that he can play with other very good players and not impact overly on their ability to score and create whereas Lukaku seems to need the ball to come his way a lot more to be prolific.

Also, Kane has scored all of these goals at the age of 21, 22 and 23.

I wouldn't rate Lukaku as high as other people seem to either. He'd be another I'd be disappointed if we spent big money on.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would love to see Fellaini have a great game and score the winner.He still gets a hard time especially from non United fans which is unwarranted imo.

Totally agree. One of our most important players this season.

• FutureGuy wrote: »

Excited for tonight. Half day, birthday dinner (40 today, so very old, kids don't do drugs etc), Europe leage final and some Overwatch.

I'm all for breaking up play if he does start he needs to keep a level head.
    Early cards or sending off is not what we need.

I like you plan for the final btw :pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »

Happy birthday treacle!

Go to Juventus with a big sack with a dollar sign on it full of cash and get Higuain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Go to Juventus with a big sack with a dollar sign on it full of cash and get Higuain.

Oh god no. Definitely not for us. No thanks.

• Advertisement

No thanks.

30 this year and would cost a fortune.

Lukaka would be cheaper and is 5 or 6 years younger.

I know the EL is the lesser of the two European trophies but fcuk me pink, it's fantastic to be back in another final, buzzing with nervous excitement.

If we click tonight then there is no reason why we can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

giphy.gif

Warning this post contains flashing image's ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Nerves been building with a couple of days, this is massive.

Champions League football is feckin essential to help United get out ofbtheir three year slump.

4 Year slump

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

**** nerves, I'm excited. Can't remember the last time I was this hyped :D

Yep cause the last time ye done that it worked out very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Oy you, Benny, GTFO.

Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    I hope you end up celebrating
    A Europa League cup too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

9am

swtn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Biggest day of our season today!!! The thought of us losing this is sickening. Nerves are picking up. Let's hope we start strong to put them nerves to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It did indeed work out well.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Oy you, Benny, GTFO.

Now!

LOL's fair enough I leave ye alone until after the match tonight, and yep I will post back regardless of the match. Hopefully I will be trolling you after an Ajax win but if ye do win by some miracle I will be back to congratulate.

Like Robbie Keane would say, Ajax are my boyhood club :pac:

In the Neymar daily news, Barcelona are said to be prepared to sell Neymar and are open to a deal with a starting price tag of £129 million.
    It is claimed in Spain that Barcelona are hoping a transfer battle involving United and PSG ensue, driving the price up and giving Barcelona more money to fund their transfers.
    Neymar has apparently been warned on more than one occasion about his off the field lifestyle by the club and they are apparently open to selling.

Tune in tomorrow and the price tag might be £29 million higher again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was resigned to the fact I'd miss the game,swapped some hours in work and guess who's hitting the pub this evening......GET IN!!!!

We should win but I have the fear about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Woke up this morning feeling fairly confident.

We're gonna do it. :)

https://twitter.com/UltraSuristic_/status/867285074307403777

€60 million valuation on Morata.AC Milan in pole position to sign him.Ourselves and Chelsea interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

On my way to Maastricht, nervous for tonight but I think we'll do it! Enjoy the game where ever you are watching it lads. C'mon United

ElChe32 wrote: »
    On my way to Maastricht, nervous for tonight but I think we'll do it! Enjoy the game where ever you are watching it lads. C'mon United

Did you find a pub to watch it in? I know nothing of Maastricht except the treaty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LOL's fair enough I leave ye alone until after the match tonight, and yep I will post back regardless of the match. Hopefully I will be trolling you after an Ajax win but if ye do win by some miracle I will be back to congratulate.

Like Robbie Keane would say, Ajax are my boyhood club :pac:

You know......you are supposed to at least try to keep up appearances.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

RobertKK wrote: »
    I
    Neymar has apparently been warned on more than one occasion about his off the field lifestyle by the club and they are apparently open to selling.

Tune in tomorrow and the price tag might be £29 million higher again :p

Makes no sense to try ship him out, and put out rumours that he has off field character issues, particularly when trying to flog someone for 120m+.....So I call bs on that anyway, also, if there is a hint of problems with his off the field lifestyle I hope that ends whatever, if any, interest we would have in him.
    zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/UltraSuristic_/status/867285074307403777

€60 million valuation on Morata.AC Milan in pole position to sign him.Ourselves and Chelsea interested.

No interest in Morata at all. Right up there with Higuain for me...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rod Munch wrote: »
    No thanks.

30 this year and would cost a fortune.

Lukaka would be cheaper and is 5 or 6 years younger.

I know the EL is the lesser of the two European trophies but fcuk me pink, it's fantastic to be back in another final, buzzing with nervous excitement.

If we click tonight then there is no reason why we can't win.

Agreed.

Get an even bigger bag after selling some deadweight and buy Kane. Should have done that 2 years ago but whatever.

Makes no sense to try ship him out, and put out rumours that he has off field character issues, particularly when trying to flog someone for 120m+.....So I call bs on that anyway, also, if there is a hint of problems with his off the field lifestyle I hope that ends whatever, if any, interest we would have in him.

Neymar said this last July:

"You have to look at the things that I do on the pitch. Anything else is private, when I'm off the pitch, that's my private life. You have to judge me on the pitch. I have no problem talking about cards or sendings-off, but I have a private life. I'm 24 years old.

"I have my achievements and I have my own things outside of that. I am very quiet about these things, but of course you can criticise me. I make mistakes too. I'm not a perfect guy.

"I also like to go out and have fun with my friends. I have my family and friends. Why can I not go out and enjoy parties? I can do that and will continue to. If I'm aware of my duties the next day, I see no problem."

"Imagine you're 24 years old, earning what I earn and having all that I have. Wouldn't you be the same as me?"

"I am not worried about losing.

"Being afraid of losing robs you of the desire to win. If we lose, we lose with our heads high and we carry on, but if it is up to me we're going to do everything possible to win.

"I don't like to lose. Losing never crosses my mind. I want to bring that gold medal for Brazil that has been so difficult."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Happy Birthday :D;) You share your day with Eric Cantona!! A cup win would be a great birthday present!

....also...anything to say on Griezmann yet???? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

European football on a Wednesday night.

Not sure how I feel about this, although it seems familiar.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wouldn't say I am confident United will win tonight but I am excited about it. Bollocks to qualifying for the champions league just so that we can buy different players, nights like tonight are the reason we buy players in the first place so I intend to enjoy it for what it is, a major european football final. Even if there wasn't a CL place on offer I would still take this trophy over that 4th place crap any day.

All our rivals are sitting on a beach and here United are walking out to win a real trophy, thats what its all about.

• Advertisement

I'm so excited for this game! So much hinges on it. Love when the pressure is on like this! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Excited for tonight. Half day, birthday dinner (40 today, so very old, kids don't do drugs etc)

Happy birthday to us both then. I'm only 38 today though so I can still point at you and call you old.

Happy Birthday :D;) You share your day with Eric Cantona!

And Packie Bonner! Growing up as a United fan and a goalkeeper, sharing my birthday with Eric and Packie was a great honour!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

EDIT: That wasn't for this thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Confirmed teams for Carricks testimonial

As follows:

Man Utd ’08 XI:
    Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson
    Edwin van der Sar
    Gary Neville
    Rio Ferdinand
    Paul Scholes
    Ryan Giggs
    Nemanja Vidić
    Wayne Rooney
    Wes Brown
    Owen Hargreaves
    Ji Sung Park
    Mikaël Silvestre
    Louis Saha
    Darren Fletcher
    Michael Carrick

Michael Carrick All Star XI:
    Manager: Harry Redknapp
    Steven Gerrard
    Frank Lampard
    Michael Owen
    John Terry
    Jamie Carragher
    Phil Neville
    Robbie Keane
    Míchel Salgado
    Shay Given
    Éric Abidal
    Damien Duff
    Gaizka Mendieta
    Eidur Gudjohnsen
    as stated on: http://www.manutd.com/en/Home/Tickets%20And%20Hospitality/Michael%20Carrick%20Testimonial/Michael%20Carrick%20Testimonial

Have so much time for him. Apart from his overuse of the word of exceptional really like him as a pundit and on commentary and I felt a serious amount of sympathy when it came to his exit from us. Guy clearly distraught at a career ending way before its time and just not thinking clearly and blaming others etc.

Was pretty distraught that he never worked out as he was a player I thought was brilliant.

Hopefully people are over the City thing and he gets a warm reception.

Is match only on BT sports tomorrow night?

If yes would pubs with Sky sports be showing it?

There was a tweet doing the rounds about how to watch the match for free. BT have it on freeview which "i think" you can tune in handy enough, but someone was mentioning it will likely be available on legit websites streaming for free.

Actually believe it will be streamed for free on youtube tonight by BT

EDIT : yup here you go
    The matches this year will be shown live for free on a number of platforms: Freeview on BT Sport Showcase HD, BT TV, Virgin Media, Sky, live on BT Sport’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/btsport; www.bt.com and the BT Sport App, which provides extra statistics, angles and exclusive content.

• Advertisement

Am i the only one not sold on Kane? Still not convinced he's top drawer, please don't take the head of me for having that opinion but i'm worried if we get him.

I had that opinion after his first season. Who is this guy coming from the blue. Seen it too many time one season wonders.

At this point, he's operating at the top level of world class strikers imo. His goal return, consistently for three seasons, I think it's folly calling him anything other then one of the best in the world right now.

His 21 goals scored since the turn of the year is mental.

In terms of PL strikers for me

1) Kane
    2) Aguero
    3) Lukaku
    4) Zlatan
    5) Costa

*Lost another 50 quid this season because of Kane. Two in a row now I've bet with a mate Lukaku will win. Was ****ing sick seeing Kane routing those ****bags the last two games :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have so much time for him. Apart from his overuse of the word of exceptional really like him as a pundit and on commentary and I felt a serious amount of sympathy when it came to his exit from us. Guy clearly distraught at a career ending way before its time and just not thinking clearly and blaming others etc.

Was pretty distraught that he never worked out as he was a player I thought was brilliant.

Hopefully people are over the City thing and he gets a warm reception.

Did he not say some dickish things about United and SFA when he went to City though?

Haven't really watched him much as a pundit I must admit. Loved him when he was United though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

The game is on TV3 tonight.

Concerned with spending money on Kane or Lukaku, but happy to drop stacks on Higuain

Are you Stan Collymore?

Just NO to Higuain. Would be a mental signing given his age and what he'd cost. Excellent player, but not for United.

RockSalto wrote: »
    Did he not say some dickish things about United and SFA when he went to City though?

Haven't really watched him much as a pundit I must admit. Loved him when he was United though.

Yes which he has since apologised for, I believe apologised to SAF in person and even came to Carrington and apologised to the medical staff which he blamed after he left.

He touched on in lightly in some parts and interviews, but there was clearly a guy struggling massively to deal with his career being over and not accepting it. He went through a bout of depression also I believe?

Anyway, I really like him, before Neville and Carragher he was there as the more nuanced, intellectual ex-pro not appeasing to the common denominator. Just had massive sympathy for how his career went.

And I was similar. Thought he was going to be "exceptional" for us :)

Cheers. I didn't know he went to lengths to apologies in that manner. Good on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

yabadabado wrote: »
    The difference in reaction to his sending off against City versus Baillys' against Celta Vigo says an awful lot.

Maybe every team should have a scapegoat though, and Fellaini is ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Midday

giphy.gif

Higuain is so clever I can see him at the top table for another 4-5 years. I'd love him to come. I think Lukau will never be top drawer and don't think Kane's there yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement