Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Higuain is so clever I can see him at the top table for another 4-5 years. I'd love him to come. I think Lukau will never be top drawer and don't think Kane's there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Higuain is so clever I can see him at the top table for another 4-5 years. I'd love him to come. I think Lukau will never be top drawer and don't think Kane's there yet.

If Gonzalo doesn't sort out that timber he is carrying the only table he will be top of is his kitchen one.

What is the story there? As a fat **** myself I always appreciate players without pace and have the brains, but he has just looked a state this season.

Testament to his ability and football brain he has done so well, but its really weird to see from a guy who granted never had pace, always looked in pretty good shape.

Watching the Monaco games he literally looked like a lad I play five aside with. Lethal at football but panting to **** :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Away team this evening so that means blue jersey yeah?

Probably a good thing as our away form has been better all season! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

TheDoc wrote: »
    There was a tweet doing the rounds about how to watch the match for free. BT have it on freeview which "i think" you can tune in handy enough, but someone was mentioning it will likely be available on legit websites streaming for free.

Actually believe it will be streamed for free on youtube tonight by BT

EDIT : yup here you go

I think the BT free live stream is only for UK viewers. Not sure tbh. I stand to be corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Kane has scored 21, 25, 29 league goals in last 3 seasons (8488 mins).
    Higuain 18, 36, 24 in 8639 mins

Kane is up there and if given choice Kane every single time for ManUtd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kane and Lukaku would be my first choices with Lukaku being the one that's realistic. I would be happy to get him in and reckon he would a very good signing.would have no problem if the club paid 70m for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think the BT free live stream is only for UK viewers. Not sure tbh. I stand to be corrected

We can be sure somebody will find a way to stream it to everyone on youtube.

All the injured players are there,out of habit Phil Jones stood among them:p

1495618732622_lc_galleryImage_STOCKHOLM_SWEDEN_MAY_23_I.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Who is that beside Shaw?

• Advertisement

Away team this evening so that means blue jersey yeah?

Probably a good thing as our away form has been better all season! :pac: :pac:

Worked out alright for us in 1968!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Kane has scored 21, 25, 29 league goals in last 3 seasons (8488 mins).
    Higuain 18, 36, 24 in 8639 mins

Kane is up there and if given choice Kane every single time for ManUtd.

Nothing I hate more than this stats ****e. Both teams play totally different systems in different leagues. From my viewing of each Higuain is superior in pretty much every aspect of his game barring work rate.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Who is that beside Shaw?

Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I see the website are selling the red home kit embroidered with tonights info on it.

I thought we were wearing the blue kit tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Who is that beside Shaw?

Don't worry it's not Pogba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Nothing I hate more than this stats ****e. Both teams play totally different systems in different leagues. From my viewing of each Higuain is superior in pretty much every aspect of his game barring work rate.

So you hate the goals scored stats when comparing strikers?

Superiority in what? Kane scored hattrick with his weak footer last week, his shooting from any angle is just amazing and with superb accuracy.

Higuain is superior in building his belly though, that can't be debated.

• Advertisement

Youri Tielmanns joining Monaco :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

At least he turned down City

So Messi sentenced to 21 months in jail,I wonder if Woody can pull some strings and have him come play for us as a community work program instead.

Be interested in watching this Ajax striker tonight. Whatever about him linked with us, anyone described as the "new" Bergkamp is getting a close eye from me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The most interesting point I have heard about Kane in the last few days is the fact that he has done very little when playing for England, and its something that would concern me. I've watched him play for England, he has never come in and improved them, he has never made a difference to how they play. If they play well he gets a goal or two, if they are playing poor he is just there playing poor along with the rest of them.

For the money being talked about you would want a special player who will make the difference in the big, big games, the player who drags a team to trophies and wins games by himself at times. Is Kane that player or is he a good striker doing well in a team built around him?

He plays for England and doesn't look all that much, would he come to United and not look all that much? It would cost a hell of a lot of money to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Dolberg is more of poacher. From the ajar games I've seen him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Did zlatan travel over with the squad haven't seen him in any photos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

The most interesting point I have heard about Kane in the last few days is the fact that he has done very little when playing for England, and its something that would concern me. I've watched him play for England, he has never come in and improved them, he has never made a difference to how they play. If they play well he gets a goal or two, if they are playing poor he is just there playing poor along with the rest of them.

For the money being talked about you would want a special player who will make the difference in the big, big games, the player who drags a team to trophies and wins games by himself at times. Is Kane that player or is he a good striker doing well in a team built around him?

He plays for England and doesn't look all that much, would he come to United and not look all that much? It would cost a hell of a lot of money to find out.

I wouldn't read too much into the England performances. It's a stick used to beat Rooney with as well but the fact is hardly anyone performs well consistently for them these days. Lampard and Gerrard were far better for their clubs than for England. Terry will be remembered more for his Chelsea performances than for anything he has done in an England shirt. I don't think Sterling has shown the same quality for England as he has for Liverpool and City either. It's a clusterf*ck of a national team, usually managed by an outdated manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd expect a few elbows and a few innocent shrugs.

Excited for tonight. Half day, birthday dinner (40 today, so very old, kids don't do drugs etc), Europe leage final and some Overwatch.

If your saying don't do then surely you mean do it ???? I'm confused ha ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Great piece in the Guardian about the fans paying the cost of tonight final

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/24/manchester-united-ajax-fans-afterthought-europa-league-final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

You are wrong about everything other than the work rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

There was a tweet doing the rounds about how to watch the match for free. BT have it on freeview which "i think" you can tune in handy enough, but someone was mentioning it will likely be available on legit websites streaming for free.

Actually believe it will be streamed for free on youtube tonight by BT

EDIT : yup here you go

yep think so, was only for UK last year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Excellent decision from him, great stepping stone.

Indicator that Silva may be on his way out? Lemar or Mbappe too of course.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wouldn't read too much into the England performances.

You should, because it allows us to see what Kane is like outside of his club bubble and against european opposition, and he has never impressed. He was rubbish in Euro 2016 for example, very poor on a big stage when you would want the top class players to make a difference.

Its far too easy to say England are a mess and use that as an excuse, that might work for all the average players but the top class players should rise above it, should play well themselves and improve these crap teams. Bale makes a poor Welsh team look good, Zlatan made a huge difference to Sweden, thats what the big money top class players do.

Right now we are every bit as disjointed as England are, does that mean Kane won't perform for us? Is he just another player who needs everything else to be going well before he performs? Because we have plenty of those already.

Kane may well be the real deal and he could come to us and do brilliantly, but we would be foolish to ignore things like his England record and pass it off as meaningless. It isn't meaningless, not from a player rumoured to cost over ?100m.

• Advertisement

Yes which he has since apologised for, I believe apologised to SAF in person and even came to Carrington and apologised to the medical staff which he blamed after he left.

He touched on in lightly in some parts and interviews, but there was clearly a guy struggling massively to deal with his career being over and not accepting it. He went through a bout of depression also I believe?

Anyway, I really like him, before Neville and Carragher he was there as the more nuanced, intellectual ex-pro not appeasing to the common denominator. Just had massive sympathy for how his career went.

And I was similar. Thought he was going to be "exceptional" for us :)

I don't doubt you are telling the truth here but can't find anything online to support this. Did he really go and apologise even after Ferguson had a go at him in his book?

To be honest I can't stand him since he talked shít about the medical staff. Found it really bitter and I hate that sort of attitude. If he has apologised then maybe my opinion will soften as that would be the least id expect from him.

Woke up around 8 and peeled myself out of my bed here in sunny Albufeira. Went to Fat Cats for a good fry before bringing the young fella to the beach. He's having a nap now while I catch up on some emails. The wife is somewhere! All in all its a chilled day. Gonna have a dinner, maybe in Erins Isle, then park myself in front of a tv with a jug of Sagres.

How's work lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I have zero doubts about Kane. He's top top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only made 10 apperances all season for them so doubtful he would have been playing anyway. At 24 its time to ship him on

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/867365269504745472

Mourinho delivered a stirring message to United players yesterday: 'Do it for the kids.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Which 'youngsters' if any do people see making the bench tonight.

Imo Harrop should be there,and would not worry about his readiness for such a big game, he coped excellently at Old Trafford and is older than half of Ajax starting 11.

His pace would be a real threat to bring on after 70 mins or for Extra Time if game was a stalemate.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Woke up around 8 and peeled myself out of my bed here in sunny Albufeira. Went to Fat Cats for a good fry before bringing the young fella to the beach. He's having a nap now while I catch up on some emails. The wife is somewhere! All in all its a chilled day. Gonna have a dinner, maybe in Erins Isle, then park myself in front of a tv with a jug of Sagres.

How's work lads?

up-yours-o.gif

How's work lads?

ds_15120_02_16x9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

England is an interesting point. Kane is a finisher and he will only finish what others provide. Compare him to Bale for dragging a side to better things.

Uniteds big problem this season was at home and a player like Kane, who takes chances would make a huge change.

I think he will stay with Spurs another while and it wouldn't even get to a bidding scenario this summer (with any club).

• GSPfan wrote: »

How's work lads?

giphy.gif

Not sure about you guys but I find my own personal pride and absolute hatred of losing a competitive sporting event as all the incentive I need to motivate me to perform.
    I think adding extra emotion to sport such as doing it for family, friends, loved ones, or in this case innocent victims of a terror attack, just adds an extra pressure which I feel can only harm your mindset. If I was in the United squad the message of "Do it for the kids" would be a burden I'd hate to feel. I half doubt Jose said that to them. Or at least not in that way.

• Excellent decision from him, great stepping stone.

Indicator that Silva may be on his way out? Lemar or Mbappe too of course.
    I read stories of us going after him.
    Don't understand why though. We don't need another AM

I really scratch my head every-time, is it that hard for us to go after a DM?

ESPN saying the front 3 will be Mata,Rashford and Mkhitaryan.Creativity and a speedster.:)

Not sure about you guys but I find my own personal pride and absolute hatred of losing a competitive sporting event as all the incentive I need to motivate me to perform.
    I think adding extra emotion to sport such as doing it for family, friends, loved ones, or in this case innocent victims of a terror attack, just adds an extra pressure which I feel can only harm your mindset. If I was in the United squad the message of "Do it for the kids" would be a burden I'd hate to feel. I half doubt Jose said that to them. Or at least not in that way.

It'll be on their minds no matter what anyone says.I'm sure Jose has them focused,even yesterday he said "we have a job to do".He'll do his best to manage their emotions and keep them professional.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    ESPN saying the front 3 will be Mata,Rashford and Mkhitaryan.Creativity and a speedster.:)

I generally don't like Mata in the wide forward right position for reasons a plenty but I do like the idea of him being on the pitch tonight. He makes shít happen and is a big game player.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I read stories of us going after him.
    Don't understand why though. We don't need another AM

I really scratch my head every-time, is it that hard for us to go after a DM?

He plays from the Right. But can play any three of the positions behind a striker. if we are after him I'd say it's as an alternative to griezmann

I don't doubt you are telling the truth here but can't find anything online to support this. Did he really go and apologise even after Ferguson had a go at him in his book?

To be honest I can't stand him since he talked shít about the medical staff. Found it really bitter and I hate that sort of attitude. If he has apologised then maybe my opinion will soften as that would be the least id expect from him.

You have me doubting myself as I try to find links, but I remember watching him on the European coverage on BT and they were talking about some breakdown at a club that was on and the topic came up and he explained how at the time you think it's everyone elses fault, your doing nothing wrong, and you struggle to maybe deal with what is happening with you and you look for excuses or people to blame. Said if he was speaking with the player, that he would tell him to sit down with the manager and have a frank conversation. That his big regret was not sitting down with SAF to talk about what was happening and the pair to discuss what each other thought, needed or felt.

This isn't long ago, as I think it was after one of the books where Ferguson called him a disaster that they met somewhere or at something and there was an apology. That I remember reading, so maybe that might be questionable.

Actually just reading back on some articles from early 2012/2013, Fergie was an awful scornful **** to former players who didn't leave on good terms. Like some really visceral ****.

I generally don't like Mata in the wide forward right position for reasons a plenty but I do like the idea of him being on the pitch tonight. He makes shít happen and is a big game player.

He's so reliable and as you say a big game player. Goal or assist wouldn't surprise anyone.

Only concern would be how the team lines up, Mata just so clearly can't do what Jose wants from his wide players this season.

Manager can have a free pass from me tonight regardless of result if he goes at Ajax with a positive style and mentality and doesn't do his big game, back six nonsense. Can quote me on that :D

Here is hoping Mhiki finds a bit of confidence and form, could well be relying on his dribbling skills to bridge defence to attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He's so reliable and as you say a big game player. Goal or assist wouldn't surprise anyone.

Only concern would be how the team lines up, Mata just so clearly can't do what Jose wants from his wide players this season.

Manager can have a free pass from me tonight regardless of result if he goes at Ajax with a positive style and mentality and doesn't do his big game, back six nonsense. Can quote me on that :D

Here is hoping Mhiki finds a bit of confidence and form, could well be relying on his dribbling skills to bridge defence to attack

I think Miki will get a goal or assist tonight he seems to trive in europe this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement