Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Actually just reading back on some articles from early 2012/2013, Fergie was an awful scornful **** to former players who didn't leave on good terms. Like some really visceral ****.

Ferguson is/was a "grade A" príck. I find it funny people have erased that part from memory especially when comparing current managers to him. Nostalgia blinds the truth in many ways.

Hope I am wrong but I can only see them play as they have all season.Maybe they will pull a special performance out of the hat like the Chelsea game!

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ferguson is/was a "grade A" príck. I find it funny people have erased that part from memory especially when comparing current managers to him. Nostalgia blinds the truth in many ways.

He didn't get to that level in the game without being ruthless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GSPfan wrote: »

How's work lads?

Oh I just spent the day coaching kids and joining in the fun. I've spent 3 hours playing football (to help the weaker team ;)) and getting paid to do so. Not too bad really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Looking forward to the match tonight. Just hope they leave everything on the pitch and hopefully it's enough to be lifting the trophy come 10pm.

On a side note has anyone bought tickets for the friendly in The Aviva? I got the presale code but Ticketmaster keeps saying tickets are not on sale until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

markc1184 wrote: »
    On a side note has anyone bought tickets for the friendly in The Aviva? I got the presale code but Ticketmaster keeps saying tickets are not on sale until tomorrow.

Need to make sure you're using the right link. I got a presale code from the FAI and tried going in through the link on manutd.com, and it didn't work. It worked on the link in the FAI email though.

If anyone has both, the FAI tickets aren't in great locations, best to buy the seats via United.

As a side topic on Nostalgia to distract us from the final....

Peter Schmeichel
    This man has a blooper reel like you've never seen before. He was an absolute lunatic in goal at times doing stuff you wouldn't believe but also rightly judged as one of our best ever.
    We seem to judge players a lot more harsh these days. The likes of De Gea has maybe one or two mishaps and a highlight reel to rival any keeper.
    Romero has a bit of the Schmeichels in him in that he seems to want to come out and get involved but Romero needs to continue to stay calm and have games like the Southampton one on a regular basis to make us all feel a bit easier about him long term. If that is the plan.

• 5798-thickbox_default.jpg

My jersey for the match thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Way too nervous

Booked the night off from the family and being a daddy

It's pints down the local with about 50 united fans we know

3 pints for a tenner special aswell things are gonna get messy I reckon 😂

Come on lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

On a side note if bayern are actually gonna sell Sanchez we should go all in for him he is a beast and a bully on the ball just what we need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Way too nervous

Come on lads

My missus and her female friends cannot understand why I'm taking the evening off "for a match".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh I just spent the day coaching kids and joining in the fun. I've spent 3 hours playing football (to help the weaker team ;)) and getting paid to do so. Not too bad really!

Whatsapp with the "boss" :

Me : So the lads all have **** on, so I'll be home straight from work for the match

GF: Cool, sure you always prefer watching matches by yourself

Me: Yah, so if you can take the kids and **** off for two hours (thumbs up emoji)

Me: Ah I'm only messing (smug emoji, heart emoji, kissing emoji) *Heart racing, I've been brave*

GF: hah, maybe I'll ****-off for two hours and you can watch the kids

Me: Can I get a trophy and CL spot at the end of it?

GF: er...no

Me: Yeah so anytime after 10:30 is cool to pop back

Way too nervous

Come on lads

Is there an app for this?

Is there an app for this?

It's called "just popping out for a bit".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Going to the game tonight with my dad and two of my kids. Mixture of excitement and stress!

The anti Bale media campaign seems to be starting.
    https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/867378543310852098

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

zerks wrote: »
    ESPN saying the front 3 will be Mata,Rashford and Mkhitaryan.Creativity and a speedster.:)

They're also saying Smalling will play instead of Jones

Just after watching some friends get married on a Spanish beach, going to fill the belly now and then position myself for the game. Good day, hopefully it's soon going to get much better.

Nerves are shot though, 'mon ta f*ck United!

PLanetfootball doing a "best home jersey" poll

http://www.planetfootball.com/viral/man-utds-best-home-kit-premier-league-era-vote-favourite/

No surprises what I picked ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

PLanetfootball doing a "best home jersey" poll

http://www.planetfootball.com/viral/man-utds-best-home-kit-premier-league-era-vote-favourite/

No surprises what I picked ;)

2006/07 was a glorious kit. Underrated at the time, only when looking back at it did most people realise how nice it was. One of Nike's best ever soccer kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Im openly hoping Bale is benched for the CL final if fit. Would put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I'm almost as anxious about the pre game workload in front of me to make ko without the use of sky plus as the game itself!

Collect kids (1, 3, 5 year old) from child minders at 5.30 (missus is working til 9). Get said kids fed and make lunches for tomorrow. Check homework, fill dishwasher, clean up mess after them eating! Get all their teeth brushed, pjs on, get clothes ready for tomorrow, read a bedtime story and hope none of them play up going to bed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Right! Off to the pub now. Enjoy the game everyone. Except all you 'neutrals' of course! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RMC Sport says Tielsman turned us down as he wanted to go to an intermediate club before going to a "great" one. Seems to have a very, very smart head on his shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    5798-thickbox_default.jpg

My jersey for the match thread

Name is spelt wrong it's M!Ck^ for fuk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cans in the fridge, pizza on route, massive game, no excuses 2-1 United

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Edit;

Collect kids (1, 3, 5 year old) from child minders at 5.30 (missus is working til 9). Swing by Macdonald's for tea. Buy lunches for tomorrow. Tick off homework without looking! Skip getting their teeth brushed, pjs on, speed read a bedtime story and hope none of them play up going to bed! Get clothes ready in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Edit;

Collect kids (1, 3, 5 year old) from child minders at 5.30 (missus is working til 9). Swing by Macdonald's for tea. Buy lunches for tomorrow. Tick off homework without looking! Skip getting their teeth brushed, pjs on, speed read a bedtime story and hope none of them play up going to bed! Get clothes ready in the morning.

Or....

Steal Stewies time machine, go back in time and make sure you don't have any kids, come back, and watch the match in peace :D

Less than 2 hours. Oh the excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I'm so glad I don't have kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Does the bt sport stream or the one on YouTube not work in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

X2vdxiul.png

YoPanUyl.png

Just thought I'd give you a scare. Might pass the time quicker.

X2vdxiul.png

YoPanUyl.png

Oh **** off!

That's more to do with Mkhi and Rashford dropped

Edit: NVM they are fake. Just checked both twitters and no tweets. Me bleedin heart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

astradave wrote: »
    Oh **** off!

That's more to do with Mkhi and Rashford dropped

Edit: NVM they are fake. Just checked both twitters and no tweets. Me bleedin heart

Was mid-finding Darth Vader nooo gif....Thank fook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

markc1184 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the match tonight. Just hope they leave everything on the pitch and hopefully it's enough to be lifting the trophy come 10pm.

A mate of mine picked up three yesterday, he got a link on Reddit, €75 incl booking fee.

Pricey but it's the last pre season game so hopefully we will get a decent squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

X2vdxiul.png

YoPanUyl.png

As if the nerves aren't bad enough already!! Jesus christ...

• Right lads pub time. Will be monitoring the match thread :):)

Here's hoping we do it

Come on Utd!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Romero, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Herrera, Pogba, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Impossible. Jose hates Mata and will sell him asap.

Will they get in trouble for playing him when he's cup tied?

• Advertisement

Team news this evening.

Romero, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, Mkhitaryan

De Gea, Jones, Rooney, Martial, Lingard, Carrick, Fosu-Mensah

Valencia captaining the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

As if the nerves aren't bad enough already!! Jesus christ...

Can't see Rooney starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Team news this evening.

Romero, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, Mkhitaryan

De Gea, Jones, Rooney, Martial, Lingard, Carrick, Fosu-Mensah

Valencia captaining the team.

Fellaini starting over carrick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Happy with that line up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Delighted that Romero is in there, would have lost it if I'd seen De Gea in that lineup.

bangkok wrote: »
    Fellaini starting over carrick :(

Carrick wouldn't be able to cope with the Ajax press unfortunately and Fellaini is a great outball to have if/when Ajax push up. It's the right decision and we can bring him on if a calm head is needed in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Big night for Val captaining the team - delighted for him. Hope he gets to lift the cup!

God, I'm beyond nervous for this one! Hope we don't lose an early goal anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 man midfield! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    Carrick wouldn't be able to cope with the Ajax press unfortunately and Fellaini is a great outball to have if/when Ajax push up. It's the right decision and we can bring him on if a calm head is needed in the second half

Yep, I expect Ajax to start fast, keep Carrick for the last 30 mins to calm things down if needs be.

• Advertisement

Zlatan is at the stadium in Sweden :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement