Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Quandary wrote: »
    Can you imagine if Utd went in at half time a goal ahead, then came out for the second half and shat their collective spines out their collective arses and conceded 3 goals, thus losing the Europa League final 3-1?

That would have sucked balls :)

I think that's why the neutrals were so upset with how Utd were playing. They're watching it fuming "You're doing it wrong!" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that is brilliant

shag my wife poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So happy for me. Seeing him celebrating like that.

Was always mad & jealous to see him on other teams winning podiums.

Now finally he's on ours and I couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Johner wrote: »
    His son.

Ridiculous. Jose did a good job though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Headshot wrote: »
    that is brilliant

shag my wife poster

Zlatan just had his photo taken in front of it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Watching on TV3 and as Rooney was lifting the trophy, the commentator said Manchester United are back in the Champions League!!

Like it was a serious slog to win this thing outright and I really wish that people weren't making it all about CL qualification, the players aren't happy tonight because they've qualified for the CL they're happy because they've worked incredibly hard and flown to all corners of Europe to eventually slog this thing out and win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Super Cup to look forward to as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Who was zlatan throwing out of the picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Congratulations guys on winning the Europa League. You've now done the treble in Europe (European Cup/Champions League, European Cup Winners Cup and now Europa League (formerly the UEFA Cup)). From an Arsenal fan! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Souness so so bitter love it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think we would have happily taken the Community Shield, English League cup and the Europa League trophy at the start of the season.

Tonight.
    Won:
    A trophy
    Into the group stages of the Champions League.
    A large check
    World class transfer targets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Hococop wrote: »
    Fellaini motm for me

Bangkok, you gotta admit he played a great game

Smalling for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Adidas will be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Fcuking love this!!1 Love Jose. More trophies and silverware. More history. GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Will watch TV3+1 later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Not watching it, but it must be bad if half a dozen of ye's are saying it. Guy is a sh%t commentator and nothing he says is worth listening to.

I hope Ibra stays next season. Come's across as such a good guy and must be a real leader in the dressing room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Thing is, I never heard him slaughter Benitez who set his team up to play some ****e, turgid football when he was manager of Liverpool.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Congratulations guys on winning the Europa League. You've now done the treble in Europe (European Cup/Champions League, European Cup Winners Cup and now Europa League (formerly the UEFA Cup)). From an Arsenal fan! :)

And hopefully we'll see Arsenal back in the competition season after next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What pot will we be in for the CL?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Souness is the gift that keeps on giving. His dislike of Utd is impossible to hide. I'd say he can't wait to get out of that studio so he can go home and watch highlights on his VCR of Liverpools best years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

I think I read before it will be Pot 1 as EL champs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Thought it was pot 2 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thing is, I never heard him slaughter Benitez who set his team up to play some ****e, turgid football when he was manager of Liverpool.

The worst thing about Souness is when he is on a panel over here his opinion is the only one that matters in his eyes and he kind of looks down on the rest of the panel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

back in the CL

Let the war chest open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I am so so overawed right now.

Havnt felt like this since the 08 CL.

Absolute tactical masterclass from Jose.

Fellaini was outstanding.

Our back 4 were immense.

In the context of the season it is a massive win.

The fact that the match thread is littered with people bemoaning the gameplan is just wonderful to read.

So fcuking happy right now.

Viva Joseball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

In the first game of the season Mata was taken off after being a substitute sparking speculation of a bust up and imminent departure. Tonight he's just played 89 minutes in the Europa League final 6 weeks after apparent season ending surgery and BT showed him & Mourinho walking and laughing arm in arm. With so many great scenes of celebrations tonight that might just be my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pot 2.

Fellaini motm

18619902_10154774037067746_8116007501785159700_n.jpg?oh=96b83bce896e36287e80ed3dac07edba&oe=59C19B7F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Go on Fellaini :D Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

The bitterness from pool fans 'we would have won last year if we played Ajax'. Tough luck lads, enjoy the fourth place trophy.

bangkok wrote: »
    Pot 2.

Fellaini motm

Good to hear, I know you still want him gone haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Tv3 depressing, can't win even if we win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

GET THE FCUK IN!!!! :):)

Trophy in cabinet and CL football!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Quandary wrote: »
    Souness is the gift that keeps on giving. His dislike of Utd is impossible to hide. I'd say he can't wait to get out of that studio so he can go home and watch highlights on his VCR of Liverpools best years.

What's a VCR? :confused:

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Can we all appreciate what a brilliant tactician Mourinho is now please? Sorry lads, saying this as someone whose had to listen to a pool supporting colleague tell me a few times this season that, "Mourinho is finished as an elite level coach". He's done a brilliant job in the circumstances and in the heel of the hunt it's been a successful season.

For me he's a brilliant tactician with an ability to fire up his teams to follow the game plan and fight for the cause. I'm very confident Mourinho will deliver the league to United again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah om the wiki for next year's cl it says tbc for United but pot 1 for the likes of Madrid. That means this doesn't give us a pot 1 berth so it'll go to coefficient and we should be in pot 2.

So far there's 14 teams qualified with a better coefficient or already in pot 1 automatically. Only sevilla have yet to qualify who are ahead of us so if they do we'll be 15th so pot 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

The worst thing about Souness is when he is on a panel over here his opinion is the only one that matters in his eyes and he kind of looks down on the rest of the panel

hands up i am a Liverpool fan and a bit of an ABU, but TV3 analysis tonight is beyond cringeworthy, they seem intent on commenting on the negative. United won 2-0 and should have won by more, Ajax had the ball and offered nothing, united much the better team

It does not matter how you win a trophy once you win, there have not been too many out of this world finals as of late. That is imo very unprofessional of all of the TV3 panel.

I am sure you united fans will celebrate this win and fkuk the begrudgers personally i think you will be there or there abouts next season for the PL, but I dont think you will see flowing football ever under Mourinho and he unless he keeps winning trophies I would say he will be gone by year three,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

42 bitch3s!!!! We are United

Back in the CL where we ****ing belong

go wan utd

go wan Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Great result and delighted for them, worked really hard and limited Ajax totally.

I'd agree with a lot of what Souness says though in terms of. Or knowing what position Herrera or Pogba plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Korat wrote: »
    What's a VCR? :confused:

:D:D:D

Same as a tracker mortgage I think

• Advertisement

I'm sorry souness you want us to play like Liverpool and lose the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

You have to hand it to Mourinho he got his tactics spot on tonight. Ajax were pretty toothless in the final third and we were almost robotic at times with our defensive work and positioning. It's not pretty to watch but it's very effective. We'll have to take teams on more next year to win the league. I don't think you can play with such restraint and win enough games to finish in 1st. It will be interesting to see what we do in the summer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Tonight showed why Rashford is not ready to be a lone striker.

That young cb for Ajax was very good although first I have seen him play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Very happy that it's Pot 2 as well. Guaranteed at least 1 huge CL match at Old Trafford. Hasn't been a proper game against a big team since Munich in 2014.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement